Author Topic: Memoirs of a RAFian  (Read 590502 times)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
Re: Memoirs of a RAFian
« Reply #5955 on: August 17, 2016, 08:57:24 AM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER SEVEN:
Yes -- He's Seriously That Stupid

"Puh-lease," Donald Couch was saying to his dimwitted posse. Being the stupidest and richest of the lot, that made him leader. He spoke with a snotty, bratty sort of voice. "Those monsters -- if they even are real -- are just a worry for the lower class. They wouldn't dare attack someone of my status."

He was driving a gaudy, puke green Rolls-Royce. It was at least two or three weeks since his lurid orange Audi's door was crumpled by Selfalohart (when his head was controlling his heart). Clearly Donnie-boy whined and complained and begged his parents to get him another one. And, instead of forcing him to deal with this misfortune and what what he said, they just immediately complied, unaware apparently just how they were spoiling him. How they were handicapping him for life. He would never realize that there were things in life that he just couldn't have, because he was accustomed to it -- and the excuse of "affluenza" wouldn't fly with everyone. His was a doomed life of a rich boy prick -- if anything, he'd be either much-married, married and killed for money by a golddigging woman, or just be a bachelor for life.

"No, they would know far better than to mess with someone like me," he bragged. His ego was really getting off the scale. "They would know who was boss."

"Don, I don't think --"

"Don't question me, Brittney!" Donald snapped, and she spoke no more. "I know what I'm talking about!"

Suddenly, he stopped short on this deserted street. The populace of the city were a lot smarter than these rebellious teens. They had vacated the city while the time was good. Andy had managed to warn the police officials. And while some dismissed him, there were the few that did not and proved themselves heroes in saving the most, if not all of the city's populace.

But the reason Donald had stopped was because of the thunderous footfalls of GH-Zilla. Donald was really stupid, as he wore an arrogant, supercilious smile. He threw his.posse an almost contemptuous look, which all assembled assumed was intended for Brittney.

"Don't believe me?" he said, voice full of disdain. He was of the mind that after he proved Brittney wrong that he would excise her from the gang, for having unmitigated audacity to doubt his claims. He expected his posse, all of which were poorer than him, to respect all his claims and boasts, not matter how outlandish and farfetched. Whenever they dare to eke out a criticism, Donald got punitive. He couldn't take an criticism that might deflate his already-bloated ego. He snarled. "Fine, Brittney, I'll prove it to you. Don't anyone of you leave this car."

He turned the Rolls-Royce off, but didn't put in park. But, after all, he was Donald Couch! He didn't make mistakes! That was for peasants to do! He strode right up to GH-Zilla.

"Hey, there!" he shouted, arrogantly sure that the fifty-foot-tall GH-Zilla could even hear him or understand that his words had meaning to them. "Yeah, you, monster! I am Donald Couch, son of -- Hey! You will listen to me. You will obey me!!"

GH-Zilla either didn't hear him or ignored the meaningless words, as he continued to walk towards them. Donald wasn't accustomed to being ignored and not getting what he wanted immediately, so his face instantaneously started to redden. Whether it was from anger, embarrassment, or both, was really inconsequential.

"Hey! You stupid beast!" he roared. Ironic that he was calling GH-Zilla stupid. "You dumb monster! You listen to me!!"

GH-Zilla simply and easily stepped over Donald Couch, and began to walk away. This infuriated the boy who was not accustomed to such a treatment. But he immediately forgot about it, as GH-Zilla stepped on the Rolls-Royce, killing his posse inside, but Donald didn't really care about them as he cried, "My car!! You stupid monster!!"

But the Rolls-Royce's wheels apparently still functioned as GH-Zilla slipped on them, and fell backward, on his backside.

"The monster's butt," were Donald's last words before GH-Zilla's rear end crushed him to death.

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5956 on: August 17, 2016, 11:18:27 PM »
New chapter. I'm gonna go ahead an apologize in advance, Quaf. I don't think you're gonna like this book any better than Book 17.

CHAPTER EIGHT:
Rampage of the RAFians

The RAFians had finished ravaging the forum that they had once held so dear. They found the space inadequate for all of them. Their minds had been extinguished with the diminishing of their intelligence and sentience, until they two ceased to exist. The RAFians were all fundamentally dead now, since neither Leatherhead or Andy were an official RAFian and neither carried the Mark. They were honorary members at best, like Shadow.

They were little more than beasts, beasts fighting over territory and feeling the need to move into new territory to claim for their own, if they could keep the land, the territory they currently have.

So, naturally, brutal clashes occured. Most the RAFians lost their powers as they became gigantic monsters, but that did not make them any less dangerous. As proven when they eviscerated Underseen-Zilla and Ash-Zilla, who lost their shapeshifting ability. Or simply lost the intellect necessary to activate and utilize those abilities. They were truly dead now, though with their minds extinguished, one could argue that they were already dead.

Yarin-Zilla was vivisected by Goom-Zilla, Demos-Zilla, Xeno-Zilla, and Aquilai-Zilla. That was the kindest way of putting it. Anyway, after they were done with that, they swiftly turned on each other, until Demos-Zilla came out on top -- his regeneration abilities still effective, though not nearly to the near-Deadpool degree he enjoyed when he was sentient and intelligent.

Hunter-Zilla managed to overpower Wild-Zilla and he began to worry him like a dog with a bone. While Wild was still alive, although not for long from this kind of punishment. It was savage.

Saffa-Zilla and GH-Zilla were locked in deadly combat, each one having the upper hand at one or another point in the battle. But it did seem to be a battle of equals.

That obnoxious RAFian-Zilla was killed by Dino-Zilla, paradoxically the smallest RAFian-Zilla. He put up fight, despite being accustomed to being brainless.

More and more clashes occurred, some with a definitive, indisputable winner, and others were still contesting and competing in the close-quarters combat. It was savage. Brutal. Naturally it spilled into the evacuated city. Buildings were crushed to rubble, foundations ruined, and the like.

It didn't look good.

"The answer is effin' simple!" said a rather tall, combative woman. She has a pointed, upturned nose, plump lips and an unusually long neck. Her blonde hair was a short bob with two spiked tips. She had black eyebrows, and black markings around both her eyes, which are bright yellow with diamond-shaped pupils. She wore a white and olive bodysuit, as well as a yellow coat with very large shoulder pads. She also wore gloves of a slightly darker purple and very dark olive boots. "We bomb them! We nuke them into oblivion!"

A woman with a dark complexion seemed to agree with her. She had plump lips and a straight nose. She wore a long, orange cloak of a slightly darker shade, and a light orange bodysuit. She was also noticeably tall. She had long, thick, dark hair. She spoke in a very measured way. "I agree with Patty."

"Thank you, Estelle," Patti said, in an unintentionally agressive way. Two others in this safe house, one in pink and the other in white, nodded in aggreement.

"Isn't that a tad excessive?" said the voice of a shorter, plumper woman with her young son at her side, who was fearfully hiding behind her. She had very long, and curly red hair styled in thick, tube-like ringlets. She also had defined lips with a pale pink color, bright skin, and a taller and heavier build than the other women in the safe house. She had black eyes. She wore a strapless, floor-length, lilac and snow trimmed,  a white and pink dress that had multiple layers which resembled the petals of a rose, and had a pink star in the stomach area. She was also barefooted. "There may be a way to help them, after all."

"Shut up, Susan," Patty snapped angrily.

Her son recoiled heavily at the rebuke. He was relatively short with a thick, stocky build. He had curly black-brown hair and full black irises. He wore a brown T-shirt with a silver shooting star in the center of it. He also wears blue jeans with sky-blue cuffs and gray flip-flop sandals. He couldn't have been any older than four. He whimpered.

"Shhhh, shhhh," Susan said, comforting the boy. "It's okay, Zachary, we're safe here."

She was, of course, wrong. Nowhere was safe.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 11:37:34 PM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5957 on: August 19, 2016, 05:46:58 AM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER NINE:
Flight of the Refugees

Nowhere was safe from the RAFian-Zillas' rampage.

Nowhere at all on the planet Earth.

Not even the safehouse where the four women and Zachary were in. They were amongst the few survivors of this. Susan had to admit that she really didn't care for the company of the other three women, who seemed a little too bloodthirsty and violence-prone for her liking. But the threat these monstrous forms of the RAFians presented to her and her son meant that she had to sacrifice her feelings for the perceived safety of the safe house. Patty and Estelle seemed to be very vocal about how safe it was, although Patty seemed to do most of the speaking for the group. Susan rankled at this.

But the safe house's veneer of safety was swiftly shut down when Phoenix-Zilla crushed it underfoot, roaring for really no reason but to apparently sound scary, before moving on. Patty, Estelle, and the two other women, despite their violent boasts and braggadocious claims, did not survive this and died almost immediately, which was a gift, given how painful it would have been if they languished.

Susan and young Zachary escaped, with Zachary crying fearfully. He wasn't exactly the bravest four-year-old. Susan was trying her best to calm the boy as she carried him away from Phoenix-Zilla, while praying that the two of them were unnoticed or just plain unappetizing. Despite her somewhat indolent appearance, she was actually quite fleet of foot. Terror has a way of doing that to people. But she tried ever so diligently to not let Zachary see her fear.

But Susan had no idea where to go. Where was safe. She just wanted to protect Zachary. After a few moments, she had managed to calm him down, which was good. They didn't need to attract unwanted attention. She had just wished that this whole thing could could have been forestalled, but there was no point in wishing the past was fixed, she needed to be concerned with the future. Needed to be concerned with keeping her son and herself alive.

But she couldn't deny one small, but ever so crucial, detail. She had no idea where she was going. She had no idea where would be safe, despite the fact of the matter was nowhere was. But she stayed within the tree line. If anything, if a RAFian-Zilla comes along, the trees will, hopefully, slow it down.

They went along for a bit until Zachary became fussy again. He was getting hungry. Susan didn't angrily rebuke the child -- it just wasn't in her nature to do so -- but she did her best to calm him with platitudes and assurances. It seemed to have worked for now.

Then they came to what appeared to be a small lean-to, at first, but, when examined closer, had a heavy steel door. It was a building of some sort, set into the ground. It was the RAFian's fallback headquarters, for the times where the forum was taken from them, like Abomination's takeover and Madre de Vampyra's takeover through Gaz.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
  • "I'm honestly a huge dork."
    • My Book
« Reply #5958 on: August 19, 2016, 09:24:13 PM »
holy crap i am so behind...
i'm still on like book seventy-something...
My Tumblr
Saffa is my shorm and RAFtwin. :D Lumy is my awesomeful RAFbrother. ;D
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer 2013
Best RAFian Supervillan/Minion Duo 2013 (Saffa/Abby :D Morph Twins)
RAFian Artist of the Year 2016

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5959 on: August 20, 2016, 05:54:17 AM »
Yeah, that's a good sixty or so books behind. ;)

New chapter.

CHAPTER TEN:
Safe?

Susan walked up to the door, and rapped on the thick metal door, not really expecting an answer or that anyone was even on the other side. She spoke, "Hello?"

No answer. Her heart fell a little, despite preparing herself for this outcome. She tried again.

"Hello?" she called, as she rapped. "I don not mean to discommode you, but my son and I just need a safe place to stay until this whole mess is sorted."

Nothing. She could hear nothing behind this thick metal door. She expected this, but tried to not let her disappointment show. She had hoped that this would keep her and Zachary safe until this whole RAFian-Zilla thing is sorted out.

She tried for a third and final time. There was no immediate reaction. She tried to hide her disappointment the best that she could. This place was either empty or hadn't anyone who wanted to help them. She prompted Zachary to turn and began to leave when the door creaked open.

"Who's there?" called a male voice.

"Susan, sir. Susan Swartz, sir," Susan said, at once, turning around again. Her hope at a sanctuary for her and her son reignited dimly. "My son, Zachary, and I were hoping for a sanctuary. At least, until this whole rampage mess is sorted out."

The man nodded, and said, swiftly, as thunderous footsteps approached, "Come in! Come in!"

He pulled the two in and shut the door tight before Abby-Zilla was any the wiser. From there, they walked down the stairs into the rather large expanse of a room. There was plenty room for the four of them, as there was a nine-year boy would happened to resemble a nine-year-old GH sitting on one of the hardbacked chairs, looking rather morose, as he read a Riordan book in spurts. He was distracted and deeply saddened. Susan had better decorum to ask him what he may not be willing to share.

However, four-year-olds hardly ever have that kind of reserve.

"What's wrong with him, Mommy?" he asked, still clinging to her side.

"Now, now, Zachary. That's not polite," she admonished him gently.

"But --"

"No, Zachary," she said, firmly but gently. "If he wants to tell you, he will. There are somethings that people want to keep to themselves."

Zachary looked like he wanted to argue the point, but stopped himself. He was still learning restraint and some lessons were better than others.

Anyway, the man introduced himself as Andy, and the nine-year-old kid as nothing more than LH. But, beyond that, he wouldn't elaborate on what brought them here. Susan respected that, and didn't question him about, nor would let Zachary do it. If they wanted to tell them what happened, they would. They should just be grateful to have a safe spot, at least for the moment.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5960 on: August 20, 2016, 07:38:49 AM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
The Culprit

The culprit behind this whole RAFian-Zilla thing was disguised and in hiding. He was obviously magical in nature, and had some knowledge -- and history -- with Broken. He had intended on getting some sort of vengeance on Broken, his reasonings his own to know. But the spell he cast, which was the combination of a few different, incongruous, and disparate types of magicks, which Broken had stressed to his fellow.RAFians was extremely dangerous due to the sheer volatility and unpredictability that emerges from it.

This isn't what the culprit would envision would happen. He was always willing to mix magicks haphazardly, arrogantly thinking that he could predict whatever outcome would come out of it. He was seriously off the mark here, and, though he would deny it if.pressed, he knew it. He knew all of the dangers of mixing magicks and he disregarded all of them, believing himself to be superior to even the Sorcerer Supreme in being able to predict what would happen, when no one could -- it was an undeniable impossibility.

Who knows what he intended, but he created a horde of monsters, in the most literal sense. But he refused to accept any of the responsibility for his actions, instead blaming it on Broken somehow, even though Broken was truly dead. Something else that this culprit refused to acknowledge, that his greatest enemy was dead, and killed so easily. He was Broken's arch enemy! He surely would have known if Broken was truly dead, right?

Anyway, he couldn't find a way to reverse what he made, as the RAFian-Zillas were a danger to every one, even him himself! The one who even caster of the spell! There was no way that he could reverse what was done, it's permanence was sealed. There can only be freedom again when all the RAFian-Zillas are dead. And the spells can be traced back to his hideout, his home. He couldn't stay here -- especially because it's extremely vulnerable to the RAFian-Zillas should they come to call. Fortunately, he managed to cast an Undetectable Expansion Charm upon his bookbag an was able to take all his possessions, regardless of size, with him as he prepared to evacuate this place that has been his home for many a year.

He sprinkled some hair into his small stock of Polyjuice Potion, not really knowing who the hair came from, just that it was human. The potion frothed and turned into a rather unidentifiable color. He didn't care, as long as it did its job. He would have to layer his disguises.

He poured a sufficient amount, downed it one go, and prepared for the unpleasant sensations at taking on another identity, another body type, another stature. He would just have to magic his.clothing to fit whatever his new frame was. He just hoped that it wasn't going to be a useless identity.

He was getting smaller, and his hair was shortening into a close-cut hairstyle with his hair turning black and his cheeks and body puffing up a little. When the waves of unpleasantness ended, he knew that it had finished and snatched up a mirror to see that he was basically a boy about six or seven-years-old. This might have been a good disguise about two weeks ago, before he cast the spell, but now he wasn't so sure. He would have come up with an excuse for why such a young boy was on his own. An when his Polyjuice Potion stock ended, he supposed he had enough ingredient to potentially make more, but he hadn't any more hair from this particular boy to keep up the pretense. He supposed he could make a glamour, but he'd worry about that when the time came. At least with glamour, he wouldn't have to shrink his clothing.

He took up his bookbag, which he had to shrink some to fit his new body frame, which did not affect the Expansion Charm upon it. Then he grabbed his Invisibility Cloak -- which he saw with a disheartening glance was starting to opaque the tiniest bit with its age. But, nevertheless, he put it on and strode away from his hidey-hole for the last time.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #5961 on: August 20, 2016, 08:57:33 AM »
FINALLY, got a break away from job applications and got to catch up! :D

With this latest book... I'm just gonna treat it like one of those offshoot Annuals a comic book series would release for no reason in between a run, this being a jacked-up crossover between The Walking Dead, Godzilla and Jurassic Park. Damn, Cloaky, who knew you could write disaster pulp fiction. :P

PDF of the last book! (It was a bit weird how we had that super emotional ending with the missing two, and then suddenly got yanked into alternate universe mode. :P )

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5962 on: August 21, 2016, 05:23:34 AM »
Well, it's loosely based on this, actually.

New book ideas.

• Book MXXXVIII: "Regent Power" -- The RAFians face a villain called Regent.
  • Book MXXXIX: "Demos's Demon Dog" -- Demos's pet causes shenanigans.
  • Book MXL: "A Juicy Story" -- The RAFians have to deal with their reputations being maligned by imposters.
  • Book MXLI: "Dark Angel" -- The RAFians must face someone they know, now called Inferno.
  • Book MXLII: "Surrogate RAFians" -- The RAFians must quell some more imposters.

Don't think that I rehashed anything. If so, I'll figure out a way to make it different and new.

New chapter.

CHAPTER TWELVE:
Out and About

The culprit felt his skin begin to bubble, and he immediately took a swig of his Polyjuice Potion to stop it and return him back to the boy's body. He would need to stay on top of this more than that. He almost ruined his disguise, though no one would be able to tell, granted, as he was under this Invisibility Cloak.

He had also magically changed the hair color from black to ginger red. He had to layer the disguise more, he had decided. But didn't know how to layer it any further than that. In case, he felt, it didn't matter. No one would recognize him as this boy.

He quickly stowed himself away in a thicket as he heard thunderous footsteps. Hunter-Zilla was on the prowl, having finished with Wild-Zilla, now since passed. Had he been his regular self, he would have been able to sniff out the culprit in a thrice, but with his enormous size, he wasn't all that interested in someone as small as the culprit.

The culprit seemed to understand this fact and immediately felt thankful that the hair he found was that of a child -- much smaller than his normal adult form. Had he not drank the Polyjuice Potion, his adult identity might have attracted the monster to him. Might have made him more slightly more appetizing, due to having more mass, more meat.

Speaking of which it was time for another dose of the Potion. He drank, as he took a mental inventory of his supplies. He didn't have enough ingredients to make more Polyjuice Potion, though, and his stock was severely limited, giving five hours, at most. He didn't brew it well enough to last more than an hour each dose. His supply of lacewing flies had been exhausted. His diced leeches were expired. He had used up his Bicorn horn (and he couldn't get a replacement, at least for a while). His stock of knotgrass had been destroyed, and what remained deteriorated beyond use. The same held true for his fluxweed. His boomslang skin was torn and ripped to the point of uselessness. And, most of all, time -- he didn't have the month that it takes to brew something like that. So, yeah. He wouldn't be making more Polyjuice Potion any time soon.

He had to redo the color change to his hair though. This was going to get monotonous every hour, he could tell.

But he does have the glamour tube. That would last him a few days if he never took it off. It would make him look like the kid again, he believed. It was a valid backup if he ran out of the Potion. He supposed he should seek out a safe house. If there were people within, he would just have to come up with an excuse for why he was as he was -- in the guise of being a six or seven-year-old boy, of course.

He couldn't let anyone know that it was his fault that they had to live like rats in burrows and safe areas -- although nowhere was a hundred percent safe now. He couldn't let anyone know that this was because he mixed two magicks that resulted in this violent, volatile feedback of magical energy. He hadn't known that this was going to happen!! He had only wanted to destroy Broken and all he held dear. Was that so wrong?

Time to get moving.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 07:09:34 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5963 on: August 21, 2016, 10:48:18 PM »
New book ideas. Yes, more.

• Book MXLIII: "I've Got No Strings" -- An unlikely entity becomes a RAFian.
  • Book MXLIV: "Holo-RAFians" -- The RAFians have to deal with impersonators again.
  • Book MXLV: "Thirteen Again" -- The RAFians must deal with the Tinhorn Thirteen again, only with more dangerous hosts.
  • Book MXLVI: "Not Over -- Not Yet!" -- What happens to the Tinhorn Thirteen after the events of the last book.

Don't think I rehashed anything, and I'm thinking this may take us into yet another miniseries arc. If I did rehash any of this, I think I can work around it.

New chapter.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
Depleted

"Damn." the culprit cursed, under his breath. His voice beginning to to fluctuate from the high-pitched tone of a child to the deeper, dull bass of a mature male. "Damn it all to hell."

His close-cropped ginger hair gave way to a tousled blonde hairdo that was actually very nineties. His eyes went from gray to green, becoming more rounded than the boy's were. His build was thinning from the boys as he was growing larger and larger. He had to quickly and magically expand his clothing, which was already getting uncomfortably tight. He was a lean man, but still somewhat pudgy around the middle, which he was a touch sensitive about.

To compound his troubles, Dino-Zilla was nearby, and her sense of smell was excellent. And the waning effects of the last of the culprit's Polyjuice Potion was bound to attract her most unwanted attention. He had reached the last of his stock, and now he was trying to remain absolutely still, hidden in a small cave alcove concealed by some brush. He wished she wouldn't linger so much. He wanted her leave, and leave with him in one piece and still drawing breath.

Okay, she was really too close for comfort now. She many not be as large as her fellows now, but that did not make her any less dangerous. Those teeth were still as sharp as stake knives -- or even sharper -- and those claws on her feet looked as if they could rend finish off a car cleanly. His flesh would be only too easy for her to strip down to his bones -- if she didn't just eat him whole.

Okay. Okay. She was too close now. Really too close. His every instinct told him that he should run. Run for his ever-loving life. But his conscious mind knew that that would be a mistake. A deadly one, at that. Dino-Zilla was now a slave to her predatory instincts, and running would just attracted her attention to him fully. He didn't want that.

Fortunately, the Polyjuice Potion effects had fully worn off and he was still, at least for the moment, unnoticed. If he could just keep it this way . . . if he could just survive for a few moments more . . . if she would just go away . . . please, just go away. . . . just vamoose . . . get going . . .

Yeah . . . yeah! Yeah, like that.  Just mosey along now. Just like that. Yeah, just like that. . . . Keep going, now . . . There. She was gone.

The culprit wiped his brow, after he let out a huge exhale of relief. Even under his flawed Invisibility Cloak, he was nervous and fretful. He was now starting to regret his decision to mix those magicks. This wasn't what he wanted. He just wanted Broken to die -- well, he got that. So, there was that. He hated Broken -- but why was his personal reason and no one else need know why.

But, with these RAFian-Zilla monsters tromping around like this, with the potential to kill him where he stood? That was an unnecessary side effect. Totally unneeded and unwarranted. The culprit refused to believe the foolish theory that mixing magicks were volatile and unpredictable, even though he was dealing with the direct results of the unpredictability of said magic mixing.

He took out the glamour tube, and examined it. It was carved from wood from an enchanted tree, which would allow him to assume a certain form. At least this wasn't as painful as the Polyjuice Potion, but a bit more reliable, he thought. When the glamour was finished he looked at the results.

He looked very handsome, which is what he wanted in the glamour. His clothes looked very stylish and his hair was perfectly coifed. He looked like some teen heartthrob, and he enjoyed that fact. Not only enjoyed, but savored it, even though it was pointless, considering that all of mankind were driven underground.l for the moment.

All because of his recklessness, because of his carelessness, because of his unmitigated arrogance. Because his endless thirst for revenge, because of his baseless jealousy of Broken, he had wrought a ruined world with his endeavors. But, of course, in his mind, it wasn't his fault. It couldn't possibly be his fault. It was never his fault. It was always someone else's fault, some constant, unseen saboteur of his plans and schemes.

He would never accept, nor take, responsibility for his actions, no matter how disastrous they end up.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 08:15:29 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5964 on: August 22, 2016, 04:18:01 PM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:
Coming Together

Seeing his glamour holding and after spending a few minutes enjoying this new identity, he went off -- still wearing his Invisibility Cloak. This glamour would be his saving grace, he felt. Though no one knew that he was the cause of this mess in his undisguised state, he still felt an assurance of keeping his true identity under wraps. Besides, who knows what that . . . that . . . what he told the RAFians and who knows who else about him?

No, it was best like this, where all the RAFian secrets were either revealed or tossed to the wind and as quickly forgotten. What good were they anyway? Anyone who could ally and befriend Cody -- dah, he meant, Broken -- wasn't worth anything, in this culprit's views. He had come to the unassailable conclusion that they actually deserved treatment, refusing to even acknowledge that he meddled with mixing magicks that he ought not have. He was surprisingly good at this kind of rationalization and this sort of mental acrobatics.

He began to swagger, very unnecessarily ****y, as he hadn't come across any RAFian-Zillas, which was now dwindling in numbers do fighting -- and killing -- amongst other RAFian-Zillas. But this was a very poor judgement, but this culprit has proven that he has a very good stock of bad judgement that never seems to run out.

He came upon what appeared to be a small lean-to with an odd metallic door, like the one to a bank vault. It wasn't really noticeable unless you spent some time looking for it -- the culprit got lucky. That's also what he appeared to have scads of, luck.

It was a good thing, too, as his Invisibility Cloak didn't seem to have too much life in it. He began to walk towards it, but hesitated. What if there was someone inside it? He would be expected to give a name. He couldn't use his real one, obviously. He would have to invent one. A good one. A trendy one, he decided.

He quickly dashed out the sight any external cameras, and went to the nearby brush to obscure his presence. He recast the Disillusionment Charm upon the cloak. After three tries, it was successful in renewing the Charm upon the cloak. It would wear off eventually, but not now. Especially as he noticed the edges were fraying from both age and use. He quickly stowed it his back, which was faux mokeskin, but featured the same properties. Only he could open it and remove items from it. It would not open for anyone else. Which was good because he did not trust anyone else in the slightest. Granted, it wasn't without reason.

Anyway, he strolled up to knock on the door, after checking to see his glamour was still in place. If this door was locked and there was no one in it, he would be really screwed. This was probably the safest spot in the world. All the mansions and opulent grounds -- those were the first things to go in the RAFian-Zillas rampage. They were not defended as well as their rich occupants thought. Didn't help that their help held no loyalty to them.

He was nervous now, because he could hear thunderous steps approaching. And, yes, it scared him. His magicks couldn't protect him from being eaten, as the RAFian-Zillas were like trolls and giants -- impervious to magic. Well, most, but he wasn't as proficient in nearly magical arts as many as Broken was. Of course, this is something that this culprit's pride -- and ego -- would never allow him to admit.

"H-hello?" he said. His nervousness ruined the melodious quality of his glamoured voice he felt, but the meritorious louche quality and rakish good looks still remained. But he had to continue to play the part -- not to terribly difficult with Dylan-Zilla coming this way. "Hello? Please? Is anyone there?"

The thunderous footsteps draw ever so closer. . . .

"Anyone?" he said, almost coming out of his glamour in fear, before gaining enough control over himself to prevent that. "Anyone at all?"

The door creaked open, and he was instructed to enter as a tree collapsed to his right, about five o'clock.

"Inside! Now!" Andy demanded.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
    • My Book
« Reply #5965 on: August 22, 2016, 08:56:52 PM »
i just read these last couple books--i'll be catching up on the rest soon. can't wait to see how this book ends!
My Tumblr
Best Newcomer 2013

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5966 on: August 22, 2016, 11:02:22 PM »
:)

New chapter.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:
Inside

"Welcome, newcomer," Andy said, as he led the culprit -- the very reason why they were huddling down here in the fallback shelter to begin with -- down to the room expanse. "I'm Andy Taylor. That's Susan Schwartz and her son, Zachary."

"How do you do? I'm . . . Clive Nathaniel Atkins." the culprit said. Yes, that was the best he came up with. And he twinged a little upon hearing the boy's name, but no one seemed to notice. "But call me Nate."

"How do you do?" Susan replied the obligatory pleasantry. Zachary just pulled away and hide behind his mother. "Zachary, now don't be rude."

Zachary said nothing, and pulled away from the culprit. Apparently, the boy was picking up on signals that the adults -- and Leatherhead couldn't. Despite his mother's gentle, motherly proddings, Zachary refused to comply.

"Sorry, I don't know what has gotten into him," Susan apologized.

"And you?" "Nate" asked Leatherhead.

"LH," came the nine-year-old's surly reply. Apparently, Zachary wasn't the only one who sensed something about "Nate". Or maybe "Nate" just rubbed him the wrong way. Or maybe LH is practicing being a teenager.

"LH what, pray tell?" "Nate" prompted, irritating the disguised alligator mutant. "Nate" was sure his infliction was not off, although he was just planning on using these people for this safe spot. He didn't really care.

It took some time before Leatherhead answered, eyeing "Nate" beadily. He clear didn't trust "Nate" as much as "Nate" didn't trust them, despite the affable act he was putting on, and not very convincingly in LH's opinion.

"LH," Andy prompted firmly.

LH wait a few more long moments before saying, "LH Sirois."

"What does the L. H. stand for, if I may be so bold?" "Nate" asked, testing how far he could go.

"It stands for 'none of your damn business'," LH snarled, moodily.

"LH! Language," Andy said, promptly.

"Nate" decided right at that point to be less cavalier, and far more cautious. He kept the affable, friendly veneer though. Although he was ready to abandon it at a moment's notice if need be. The children were already wise to this ruse, but he could not for the life of him imagine how or why.

This may very well turn out to be more dangerous for him than the RAFian-Zilla monsters outside. . . .

(January 7, 2020)

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
    • My Book
« Reply #5967 on: August 22, 2016, 11:18:23 PM »
dang LH. way to act like a teenager already! XD
My Tumblr
Best Newcomer 2013

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5968 on: August 23, 2016, 01:51:23 AM »
Well, he is my "son," after all. :P

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
    • My Book
« Reply #5969 on: August 23, 2016, 01:56:30 AM »
he gets it from you
My Tumblr
Best Newcomer 2013