Author Topic: The Sharing: Rebellion From Within  (Read 29969 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: The Sharing: Rebellion From Within
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2008, 04:03:36 PM »
"Yeah, sure." Aurora said, sighing a bit in relief. "Mr. Chapman the Vice-Principal of the middle school? He might remember me. I was in his office a few times...when does the talk start?"

She looked around expectantly, as if waiting for something to happen. All that continued, though, was the loud blast of music that made her wince. She ducked her head and inspected the pamphlet while waiting for a response.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2008, 04:44:11 PM »
"Yeah, I guess he is the vice principal.  Erm," Corliss said over the noise, glancing down at his watch.  "Should be starting any minute, really." 

People were starting to mill around the front of the room and take their seats.  A few moments later the music lowered, then cut out completely.  Corliss rubbed an ear, annoyed at the lingering ringing.

Hedrick Chapman stood at the front of the room at a small podium, gripping its sides and smiling, leaning toward the microphone. 

"I guess that sort of stuff is after my time," Chapman said, and a few of the older people laugh.  A couple younger, new people scowled at their totally uncool vice principal.  "Well, as long as everyone can hear me?  Yes?  I'd like to welcome everyone to tonight's meeting of The Sharing, and remind everyone that that's what we're here for, to share our community values and have respect for one another.  Even for their music."  Another few laughs. 

Corliss watched him idly, opening a Coke and taking a sip.  "Man thinks he's humor incarnate," he murmured. 

Chapman droned on about the benefits of their organization, how it's really going to change the world, and all the convincing vagueries that go along with the general schpeel. 

"Listen," Corliss said quietly, nudging Aurora.  "We're going to have a meeting afterwards, just a few of us, trying to recruit some new people for our little cause.  Some real info.  Think you'd be interested in joining us?"

<Come on, you're going to lead her right to the Empire!> Mike protested. 

<Depends on which group we bring her to,> Corliss said dryly. <Thought you'd trust me more than that.>

<Sometimes I wonder why I ever have done...>

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2008, 04:49:03 PM »
"Sure!" Aurora nods eagerly, deciding she likes this man with the pleasant accent. She had been listening to Chapman talk with rapt attention. "I think I should go re-introduce myself to Chapman first, though. He seems like he's in charge here. Maybe he'll be able to give me a permanent task setting up or something."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2008, 04:58:24 PM »
"No," Corliss said suddenly.  "I mean, you certainly could introduce yourself, but he's awfully busy at these meetings, and I reckon it'd be better if you met some of the crew first.  Then we can bring you to say hello, if you'd like."  He smiled apologetically.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2008, 05:07:08 PM »
"Oh." Aurora falters, unsure, "I suppose that makes sense. Um...so how does membership work here? Do I need to sign up or fill out a form or anything? Or do I just come when I want to?"

Aurora sincerely hoped membership wasn't too involved. She wasn't entirely sure that she was ready to commit to being part of a social group. It seemed as if an awful lot of interaction was required, and she would probably just make a fool of herself.

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2008, 05:21:54 PM »
"No forms," Corliss said seriously.  "Just your name.  That's all.  The rest we can find out later."  He glanced hesitantly over at Tia, hoping she wasn't listening.  Forms, of course, really were a requirement.  Forms that get just a little too personal... 

"And in knowing each other better, in forming a cohesive unit, we can achieve so much more.  As the forefathers of this great nation foretold, 'E Pluribus Unum'.  They didn't know how right they were.  Thank you all very much, I hope to see you again."  Chapman waved at the group and stepped down from the podium to a round of polite applause, immediately speaking to an older woman who appeared to be concerned about something.  Chapman nodded and walked off with her, through a set of double doors at the back of the room.  A few serious, big men who looked like a mix between bouncers and secret service followed them.  What kind of community group needs security like that?

"Come 'ead, Aurora, mate, I think it's time for our little meeting," Corliss said, starting to walk in the opposite direction of those double doors.

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2008, 05:28:59 PM »
((wow a lot happened when I slept. oh and daphnes, I think you first have to pm your character's profile before being able to join))

Michael walked around carrying his pamphlet. He wasn't interested in the man talking up front. He walked around hoping he could find some friends, but it looked like everybody knew each other...except that girl by the person who gave out the pamphlets. Michael overheard them saying something about full membership, and rushed to catch up with them.
"Hey. Wait for me." He called.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2008, 05:30:42 PM »
Aurora's gaze hesitantly follows Chapman until he disappears. She refocuses herself, reassured that she doesn't need to tell her life story to a blank piece of paper.That always felt mildly to Aurora as if she were selling her soul.

"Alright." She nods, falling into step with him "You're sure it's okay for me to come, even though it's my first meeting?"

She glances back at the newcomer in surprise, then realizes that he wasn't addressing her and ducks her head in embarrassment.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2008, 05:42:21 PM »
Michael looked strangely at the girl, thinking that she really needed some social skills.
How does she expect to join a group like the sharing without being social?, Michael thought.
Michael shook his head pityingly
"How does she expect to be part of a group if she can't be social?" he asked.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 05:52:11 PM by morfowt »

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2008, 05:49:59 PM »
OOC: Um..*facepalm*..sorry morfowt, but Mike/Corliss's my character, so you're gonna hafta rewrite that so that...yeah, I can give them a chance to answer ^_^  You just have your characters in this RP, the one that you have profiles for.  Any NPCs (non-player characters) like I wrote in for Chapman can probably be done by anyone, but you can't play other people's profile characters x3

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2008, 05:51:38 PM »
((oh sorry. I'll go rewrite that. I'm still new at RP. Sorry. Ok fixed))
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 05:53:17 PM by morfowt »

Offline Whammy

• Surrender or Die!
    • Persona Lascivio
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2008, 05:57:48 PM »
((I think Daphnes did send a character sheet. I remember seeing that name somewhere. Uh, but I think I forgot to put it in the post, and I cleaned out my PM box so its kind of gone. Mind resending it to me?))

Before Chapman spoke Will had gotten a seat in the back and just settled in. During the speech itself Will was relatively tense. He had heard that sort of thing so many times by now, and it always brought back the horror of finding out the truth about the Sharing. Fearing he would do something rash, he had given Madat control of his body. But just like Will, Madat had ignored the speech as well. Only so many times you could hear the dribble and lies before you tuned it out.

Once it was all over they both knew it was almost time for the full member meeting, and it looked as if several others were already on the way there.

<<Well Madat, you know the drill. Go in, act like your a part of it, and then get out ASAP>>

<<I understand Will, I'll just act like we usually do.>>

Madat, back in control, stood up and headed towards the double doors.
Currently RAFDating Tocade. :)

“There is no genius free from some tincture of madness”-Seneca

"Great wits are sure to madness near allied - And thin partitions do their bounds divide”-John Dryden

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”-Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2008, 06:08:10 PM »
(( Uh-oh, TWO Michaels!?  :o Lets hope I don't get too confused here. I have a relatively simple mind. :P ))

Aurora's flush deepens at Michael's comment. Does he need to speak as if she's not even there? Sure her social skills aren't phenomenal...but that doesn't make her invisible. "Sorry we can't all be as wonderfully self-assured as you." She mutters under her breath, then winces at the possibility that he may have heard.

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2008, 06:11:44 PM »
(OOC: No worries ^_^)

Corliss looked over at Michael in surprise.  "Oh, sorry mate, didn't see you there.  Look, I reckon anyone can fit in in this place.  I know plenty of people with awful people skills who just love this place."  He smirked, as if remembering something amusing.  "I'm Mike.  What's your name?"  Corliss suddenly spotted someone else he knew.  Someone he knew was a bit...radical, in his own quiet way.  They all had to be quiet about it.  "Erh...hang on, will ya?"  He gestured to Madat.  "Pssst.....oy!  Bill, erh, Will, mate, where are ya going?  Meeting's this way."  He eyed him meaningfully before turning back to Michael, rubbing the back of his neck.  "Sorry 'bout that.  What did you say your name was?"

Luckily Corliss was oblivious to Aurora's comment, dealing with his less self confident alter ego, the other Michael.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2008, 06:18:07 PM »
((just call my character michael. and Myitt's Mike))

Way too late did Michael realize he was talking just a bit too loud. He considered saying something to make her feel better, but it didn't look like she'd feel better no matter what he said. Besides, she should know the truth, no matter how awful. And after what Mike said, he decides to drop the subject.

Facing Mike, he said, "I'm Michael"
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 06:20:01 PM by morfowt »