Author Topic: Invasion of Earth Proposal.  (Read 7266 times)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
Re: Invasion of Earth Proposal.
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2011, 03:03:54 PM »
Their human they make mistakes. Anyway I'm sure at least one of the nations in the world will respond with violence. And when the yeerks retaliate the other nations will see what their capable of and most likely respond with the universal language known as force.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2011, 10:23:24 PM »
Yes, we make mistakes. But no modern nation will blindly attack advanced aliens, especially without international support. Most modern countries would have to have a vote in congress/Parliament before anything like that could ever happen unless the Yeerks came across as big and bad and raised the bar to DEFCON 1.

I'm in charge of the Yeerks, remember? We won't retaliate, we would do the bare minimum to defend ourselves and the other humans, nothing more. Missiles could be absorbed on the shielding and nukes could be vaporized. The UN would definitely pose a ban on attacking the aliens to avoid an intergalactic war.

In the meantime, these aliens are offering us tech and knowledge that could massively benefit human kind while they are trying to save us from the marauding Andalites. Really, firing nukes at them is just a stupid idea.
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2011, 10:32:57 PM »
Guess what? Humans ARE that stupid. :P

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2011, 10:36:12 PM »
my point exactly
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2011, 11:49:35 PM »
You're just saying lots of things that have no grounding. Yes humans make war for various reasons, but even thE stupid wars have a purpose. They need oil for money or machines, even Hitlers war was for living space for the Germans. What purpose would we have to commit all of our resources so we could wage a pointless war that would doubtlessly end in destruction? We've had no prior contact with the Yeerks, no reason to hate them. They come along offering s protection and grea gifts, and we decide tO jet attack them? That wouldn't be protocol for any other nation on earth why so for the Yeerks?

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2011, 11:54:49 PM »
How would you even communicate with them in advance? The technologies are on different levels, so unless you hijack the internet once the hork bjair and taxons land, their will be a massive click and a big bang. Then their will be janitors coming in to sweep up remains.

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2011, 12:01:54 AM »
...We would communicate with universal translators and by our knowledge of the human languages, especially English, we had prior to landing.

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2011, 12:06:02 AM »
I meant how would you send a message in the first place. You would purposely need to make a worse version of the technology that you have out of stuff that existed a long time ago in that section of the galazy but isnt in production anymore

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2011, 12:50:12 AM »
If the Yeerks could build a massive underground complex, I'm sure they could build a fairly powerful radio.

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

NateSean

« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2011, 07:39:46 AM »
All right, JS, yes you do have a point. Since Visser One has laid the groundwork for invading humanity, I believe she would admit that appealing to humanity's requirement of having someone else solve all of their problems would be an ideal way to go.

However, something as dramatic and risky as a world wide announcement would be too dangerous.

Remember, the whole trying to get Russia and China to start a war thing was the newly promoted Visser One's idea. And the reason the Council of Thirteen agreed with the old V1's policy of a passive invasion was that a major war on Earth would likely draw the attention of the Andalites, who were amassing their fleet and getting ready to make a decisive move.

You say that nations of the world would not be stupid enough to strike at an alien force. I could not disagree with you more on that part. Remember, at the time of 1990 when Visser One had the Sharing going, the US and Russia were all ready in a Cold War. The only reason we did not fire on each other with nukes was because of our mutually assured destruction. To quote WOPR: "The only way to win is not to play."

That does not mean we were not ready to push buttons when the time came. We all ready see what happened when a false news report of an alien invasion got taken the wrong way. It was right after World War One and people were jittery as all hell. It had nothing to do with aliens so much as it did the crippling fear that someone, from somewhere, with power and intentions that were too frightening to imagine, were getting ready to invade the country. That caused a massive panic among the masses.

Now, look at Russia and America. Both countries are filled with civilians who are being told that the other nation is poised to fire nukes at them. Tensions are as high.

Suddenly your announcement goes out. It doesn't matter what your intention is, people panic. Because while a handful of people might think, "Cool Star Trek." The rest of the population is freaking the hell out.

Riots in the cities as people hoard groceries and other toiletries. People stock piling ammunition and freaking out over the slightest sound, the glint of street light off of someone's approaching vehicle, or a helicopter in the air.

That riot causes a lot of noise. People are needlessly harmed, hospitals become overworked. Military efforts are pressed into service to control the crowds and are not watching the skies.

So, you might think, perfect. They won't be watching for our invasion. Except your passive invasion has pretty much just been flushed down the toilet. And any overt attack on your part could draw the kind of attention the Council doesn't want.

For the sake of safety, the passive nobody knows invasion is the best way to go. Even the Animorphs caught on that it wasn't such a good idea to expose the Yeerks for fear of a no kid's glove invasion.

Now, that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a good idea to try and infest a government official. A mayor, or a councilman. Someone who can influence a vast number of people in a short amount of time.

One of my other minor plans is to financially back a candidate of my choice for election to high office. This way we now have someone in charge of zoning, distribution of finances, and the thing the Yeerks need most of all, access to hosts.

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2011, 10:46:32 AM »
You know Nate I wonder how the story of Animorphs would have ended if YOU had been Visser 3.

Vote NateSean for Ruler of the World. :P

(This candidate is sponsered by RAF)

:XD:

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2011, 10:50:24 AM »
Hey if we're running to rule the world I hereby nominate myself. Vote for me, or I'll come to your house.

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2011, 10:55:21 AM »
You don't know where I live.  :akanbe: Plus you can't nominate yourself, someone else has to nominate you. I have nominated NateSean.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2011, 11:09:25 AM »
I totally can nominate myself

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2011, 12:06:04 PM »
A public riot could have terrible consequences, a modification to the plan would involve secretly contact/meeting several world leaders.

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw