Author Topic: Simple Animorphs Questions: Ask questions with one possible answer here!  (Read 149476 times)

Offline 11:11

• I always catch the clock, it's 11:11...
Re: Simple Animorphs Questions: Ask questions with one possible answer here!
« Reply #600 on: September 09, 2010, 11:26:07 AM »
Rachel died at 16, but by the time everyone went off to save Ax (excluding Cassie) they were like 19.
And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #601 on: September 12, 2010, 10:47:06 AM »
There was about two years difference between the oldest and youngest, but aside from Jake and Rachel we don't know any exact ages. During the series I always pictured Tobias being the youngest, and Jake and Marco being the same age. Being short for your age is more noticeable the older you get. I kind of pictured Rachel being in the middle, so there wouldn't be much of an age gap between her and Tobias. Not that that's a huge deal.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #602 on: September 12, 2010, 10:50:31 AM »
They were all the same age. O.o It doesn't say in any book that they weren't. #53 says their exact age--16 at the end, 13 at the beginning of the war. #52 said they all should have been in high school.

Also, if there had been two years between them, it would have been really weird for 11 year olds to be hanging out with 13 year olds.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #603 on: September 12, 2010, 11:06:51 AM »
I'm pretty sure early on they said they were between 11 and 13. Or it was said somewhere. I don't think they were all the same years old.

And where I come from, it's perfectly fine for people within a couple years of each other to hang out. It wouldn't have been weird at all. Though I live in Alabama, and it might be different in California. I didn't keep up with ages, and I certainly didn't exclude people just because they weren't within 12 months of my age. If I told anyone that someone couldn't play with me because they were a year or so younger or older, my parents would have thought I was the weird one.

I mean when someone introduces themselve to you, do you ask them how old they are? And then tell them they can't hang out with you in your free time because their age doesn't match up with yours?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #604 on: September 12, 2010, 11:09:50 AM »
No it doesn't. -_- It doesn't say that how old they are until book 53. The closest it comes is saying they're in middle school.

It is weird when you're that young. O.o Seriously, when you were in 8th grade, did you hang out with sixth graders? Or fifth graders when you were in 7th? I really doubt it.

Also, we don't know how long before the Construction site Tobias and Jake met. If it was long enough before to be the previous school year, they wouldn't have been in the same school.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 11:11:34 AM by Yoda »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #605 on: September 12, 2010, 11:16:29 AM »
Yes I did hang out with people younger and older than I was. I hung (hanged?) out with anyone who liked me, and still do.

I'm quite positive it said somewhere that they were 11-13 years old, otherwise I wouldn't be under that impression now. Still too lazy to look it up, though. :P

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #606 on: September 12, 2010, 11:17:43 AM »
And I know it doesn't say how old they are at any point before #53. -_- Look it up, because I know it doesn't say it anywhere.

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
« Reply #607 on: September 12, 2010, 11:24:28 AM »
Yoda's right. It never mentions that there's an age difference between them, ever.

It's probably pretty safe to assume that they're all 13-14 at the beginning and 16-17 at the end, so 7th-11th grade as the series goes on. Generally it's not so much that people exclude based on age so much as that they tend to group together based on being in the same grade, at least where I grew up (Nevada). If they were all 7th or 8th graders at the beginning, it makes sense that they'd all know each other and have been in classes with each other.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #608 on: September 12, 2010, 11:27:31 AM »
Ok, I went to Hirac Delest and looked up the character profiles. All their ages were stated as 13-16 (series timespan). So I guess they were all 13 when it started. Kind of coincidental, since I really don't see anything wrong with hanging out with people a little younger or older than me. Two of my closest friends growing up weren't my age. One was a year younger and the other was a couple of years older.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
« Reply #609 on: September 12, 2010, 12:15:18 PM »
I don't think anyone's saying it's wrong to hang out with people older and younger than you, just that people usually tend to cluster together based on being the same age or in the same grade, at least when they're younger. Obviously, it's not a hard and fast rule. I had friends a few years younger too, mostly because they were in my brother's grade.

« Reply #610 on: September 12, 2010, 12:46:17 PM »
Do Hork-Bajir have blades on their ankle areas or just behind their knees? (Not counting the arm, wrist and forehead areas)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #611 on: September 12, 2010, 12:47:50 PM »
I think it's the wrists, elbows, knees, and tails.

*waits for Yoda to contradict me*

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #612 on: September 12, 2010, 12:49:26 PM »
:P If you wouldn't pull stuff out of nowhere, I wouldn't have to contradict you.

I'd assume there wasn't. They aren't described to have blade on their ankles.

« Reply #613 on: September 12, 2010, 12:54:20 PM »
Ugh, sorry another question. How many fingers and toes or talons do they have? It looks like 4 on the hand and 3 on the feet based on the pictures, but I dunno.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #614 on: September 12, 2010, 12:57:03 PM »
Yeah, that I don't how anyone would know. O.o the books don't say. Go by the cover.