Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 212223 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #2835 on: December 27, 2011, 07:46:32 PM »
Hoisting himself slowly into a sitting position, Zorish opens his mouth to protest, but snaps it closed again as Tamora regains enough sense to grasp the situation. Her fear floods their shared body.

<<Zorish, just let it go,>> Tamora pleads. <<I don't want to die. She'll kill us, you know she will. She already did.>>

Bitter defeat written across his face, Zorish presses his lips into an angry line and raises both hands, palms outward. "Alright," he says lowly. "I won't risk harming Tamora further than you already have. Just aim that damned thing somewhere else and we'll be on our way."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #2836 on: December 27, 2011, 08:19:38 PM »
Myitt watches Tamora's face for a long moment, her mouth twisted into a scornful scowl. 

"It would be my pleasure," she sneers, glancing at Illim and turning away from the Sub-Visser, stalking towards the door.  Her right leg limps slightly, but is otherwise functional.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2837 on: December 27, 2011, 09:52:18 PM »
Zorish lowers his hands, disgusted to find that they are shaking. I am not cut out for battle, he thinks grimly. There were reasons beyond Tamora's protection that he had avoided the worst of the war. Warily, he looks at the man that arrived during his unconsciousness.

"I'm going to stand up and retrieve my weapon now," he says flatly, Tamora's voice almost petulant in its bitterness. "I'd appreciate it if you didn't shoot me back down while I did so."

He casts another glance behind the man, towards Myitt's retreating figure.

<<In what dapsen universe does the likes of her get the best of me twice?>> he wonders, uncomfortably aware of how easily Tamora's relief is mingling with his own.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #2838 on: December 27, 2011, 10:13:50 PM »
Salem shrugged at Simon, "Sure, whatever. Wouldn't be much of a scanner if it didn't work through glass. I just don't want your aura getting in the way." He looked around. Still no real indicators that this was a trap...

"Unlike Keshin's rare medicine, your giving me information should cost you nothing whatsoever. Still, I can't help thinking that there's more at work here than you're letting on." He absently played with the controls on his persona scanner. "So what is it you'll be wanting in return? Technology? Information? Or, since you haven't even verified my ability to pay, are you treating this deal with me like you're treating the one with Keshin, and just saying I owe you a favor, to be collected on later?" He stared hard into Simon's eyes, "Because I've dealt with crime syndicates before. Not particularly feeling the need to jump on board with another."

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #2839 on: December 27, 2011, 10:42:43 PM »
"Uh huh," the short murmur murmurs with a shrug.

He starts to follow Myitt, although he seems hesitant to turn his back on Zorish. His left hand, made of living metal below the elbow, reaches for the Dracon at his hip, although he doesn't pull it from the holster yet.

Wandering sideways, almost crablike, the man moves towards Myitt, his brown eyes trained on Zorish and Tamora the whole time.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2840 on: December 27, 2011, 11:42:13 PM »
Zorish grunts and continues to pull himself to his feet, using the bar stool to aid his shaky limbs. When he finally manages to pull himself onto the stool he reaches out and grabs his Dracon from the countertop. For a brief moment he considers using it, but Myitt is too far away and Zorish is a poor shot. With a frustrated sigh he slams the weapon into its holster.

"At least she left me a present," Zorish mutters aloud. He eyes the half-finished bottle of redin that Myitt had abandoned after shooting him. Begrudgingly, he pulls it closer.

<<What are you doing?>> Tamora demands shrilly. <<We need to get out of here.>>

<<If she was going to kill us,>> Zorish responds dully, grabbing his used tumbler and helping himself to a glass, <<she already would have.>> He lifts the tumbler to his mouth, swallowing its contents in one burning gulp.

"****," the curse hisses out of his lips as he coughs on the liquor.

<<Well I don't want you killing me either!>> Tamora protests.

<<You have a headache, and I've had a bad day,>> Zorish retorts. <<I'm remedying the situation.>>

He pours himself another glass, his misery etched into his expression.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 11:43:54 PM by Terenia [Teach] »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2841 on: December 28, 2011, 10:30:42 AM »
Simon put Jocun in the pool as he spoke. "Probably the most important thing right now is information. The bar, the rebels, and anyone you know that's currently here or frequents this place. Besides that, it would be helpful to have some local aquaintences. I don't think we've made any friends here yet, and even though we could call down as many guards as we want, we think it would hurt more thna help. Especially since our most loyal and skillful guard has an Andalite host."

"I could say a lot of things to try to convince you that I don't have ulterior motives, but time and actions gain trust more than words."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #2842 on: December 29, 2011, 04:57:50 AM »
Citrus nodded, "Oh, cool." She started to take another sip of her rink but then realized that she finished already. Citrus looked around, then asked, "So do you think maybe we can join Gaz and Morgan?"
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #2843 on: December 29, 2011, 03:37:39 PM »
Silver let her hair down from its braid and let it flow as she swam beneath the water. She tried to think of how she had shorted her powers and how she could get it back. Maybe someone in the bar could help? ......she wouldn't know who to ask anyway. She swam and floated and realized that the water helped her relax.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #2844 on: December 29, 2011, 06:02:08 PM »
Julian shook his head. "Tried to suggest that. Morgan wouldn't accept. This was something he wanted to do on his own. With any luck he'll be back soon. Anyways, his daughter is still here and I promised I would stick around for her sake."

Julian wondered where Silver was, he had left to give her and Morgan some space to talk before Morgan and Gaz took off. She must still be around, probably still outside.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2845 on: December 29, 2011, 10:20:19 PM »
Zoshonel made it to the ramp and saw Parker. "Hey Parker. Long time no see. I came back and smelled your familiar scent, so I decided to say hi. I've been practicing with a rifle a bit since I've been away. It shoots bullets, but if I need to stun someone I can load it with non lethal stuff. How have you been?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #2846 on: December 30, 2011, 01:41:45 PM »
Citrus nodded. "Okay..." She looked at her empty cup again. "Uh, I think I'll get a refill first." Citrus walked to a server and ordered another drink. She got back and sat down again.
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #2847 on: December 31, 2011, 02:43:28 AM »
Ewa's smirk held as she watched Al flash through his outfits, a long moment that seemed to stretch forward and backward through time, blurring everything.  He settled on the purple and yellow exercise clothes and she blinked once, slowly.  By the time he got up to try the cartwheel again, she had remembered to breathe and her mind rushed to catch up to the rest of her body.

Fast, too fast.  That had to be projection, not... but no, that bit fell to the floor earlier.  A large projection field?  A projection field and a shifter bar?  The energy it would take though...  She watched as Al smoothed his way into perfect backflips, then reversed direction and came flipping back toward her.  Beautiful kinesthetic control... this can't be a new form for him.  But then why is it wrong?  He looks the same as all the other under-trained "humans" around here.  If someone had been playing that kind of form for so long I would have seen it.

Al collapsed next to her with a faint "ta da".  I need more information.

Ewa leaned over to look down at Al's face, eyebrows raised in an expression that was miffed, but still slightly amused.  "Holding out on me, were you?"  Out of sight, she slightly lengthened two of her nails to sharpened points.  "Though I suppose you do look slightly less ridiculous trying to cartwheel in this."  She plucked at his sleeve.  Feels real.  "Not that I can approve of the headband," she noted with a grimace and reached up as if to push it off.  One of her modified nails pressed against his skin and would make a small "accidental" cut as she continued to move the headband. 
Work is for the weak

Offline Ember Nickel

• Lipogram! Scorecard!
« Reply #2848 on: December 31, 2011, 03:53:34 PM »
Bivsitz goes ahead and orders another drink, then looks around the room. "What is that?" the Sheyran asks, forgetting that when your eyes are equally spaced around your body, aliens can't necessarily tell what you're looking at.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2849 on: January 01, 2012, 11:25:39 AM »
Zorish finishes his glass and considers the bottle of redin. He senses that Tamora is right, it would be wise to stop drinking. And why should I listen to what the human has to say? he scolds himself. He pours again.

A battered Bug Fighter slides out of Zero-Space and slowly begins to circle down towards the bar. The ship has clearly seen better days; it is so dented and scarred and covered over with mismatched metal sheeting that it scarcely resembles its original ****roach-like form. Instead, it looks more similar to a tin can that has been kicked around a bit.

The ship seems to work well enough, though. It thrums, straining slightly as it decelerates in the atmosphere, coming to nearly a complete stop as the ground rushes up. Landing gear extends creakily and the ship settles comfortably onto the gravel, looking as though it will not be lifting off again for quite some time.

The hatch hisses open and a ramp extends. A young man in his mid-twenties steps out, descends the ramp, and orders his ship to close up once more. A second order activates the cloaking device, and the battered Bug disappears.

Running a shaking hand through his shaggy, strawberry blonde hair, the young man turns and begins making for the bar. His ship is clearly not the only thing that has seen better days. His jeans are coated with dark stains and fraying in several places. His shirt was once a neat button-down, but it is wrinkled and rumpled, as though he has slept in it for several nights. The only thing that appears shiny and well-kept about him is the Dracon holstered at his hip.

As he crunches over the gravel, the young man shoves his hands deep into their pockets to hide the trembling there. He takes in the activity outside of the bar, making careful note of everyone he sees and storing the information away silently.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 11:36:58 AM by Terenia [Teach] »