Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 212213 times)

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #2025 on: September 10, 2011, 08:30:28 PM »
Noah watched all that happened before her but was still perplexed by it. Sami seemed to read into the rose strongly enough that it made her almost cry. She blinked once and Sami was off. Noah fumbled into a run having not expected to run anywhere. She followed having to rush to catch up with her. Her paws began to collect dirt and turned deep brown as it was absorbed into the blood. The blood on her face began to dry in the breeze that was slapping her face as she ran so that it began to blend into the red orange of her fur. Only in the sunlight would one be able to define the color difference.

Noah stopped following them, seeing that they were headed for the bar and ran behind the bush where her clothes were. She grabbed them in her mouth then began to run after Sami and Grun. Seeing their behavior toward the situation, she didn't worry about trying not to get blood on her clothes. just the need to hurry and catch up. She knew she would arrive about 30 seconds after they got back since they were all running as fast as they could.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 08:32:03 PM by Twilight_Pixie »

Help my dragon grow big and strong

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #2026 on: September 10, 2011, 10:42:15 PM »
Vogefac looked at Claxter as he ate from the dish. He gulped his Rev'maak ale.

"Who is this, Parker? And who is Gaz? Are they close associates of Artemis?"

He feels the ale begin to dry his throat slightly. It feels good on his whole neck. He relaxes in his seat and forgets all about Fenebok, and all the adventures from before.
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2027 on: September 10, 2011, 10:51:13 PM »
<Artemis is the daughter of Morgan.> Claxter said, pointing to the guy. <Friend of Gaz. Parker is someone who came here some time before you, and has grown affectionate towards Artemis over time. I believe she prefers Silver. Though Artemis may be her real name. Anyway, they're good friends of hers.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2028 on: September 10, 2011, 11:00:45 PM »
<<Yes, sir,>> Efaen says. She glances at 'Corliss'. <<I will return with my prince when it is time to perform the procedure, and then we can depart. I...thank you for allowing me to speak with your leader.>> Admitting gratitude clearly makes her uncomfortable, and she turns quickly to follow Ossanlin.

<<Yeah,>> Terenia says, exhaling with relief as Efaen and Ossanlin vacate the ship. She tries not to think about the fact that Mike ignored her question about Corliss' earlier statements. <<Thank God it's over with. I should probably switch with Corliss again, huh?>> She seals the hatch of the Skimmer and shoots a glance in Illim's direction.

"I'll be right back," she says. "Or, well, I won't, but Corliss will. Whatever. You know what I mean." She shrugs, moving back to the pool room without waiting for an answer. She still doesn't know if she trusts Illim or not, and because of that she isn't eager to make conversation with him.

Making her way back to the pool room Terenia sighs heavily. In the time she has been in Mike's head she has been forced to contend with her dead sister, negotiate the removal of the Malleon from the Skimmer and pretend to be Corliss while talking to the leader of the Yeerk rebellion. She is utterly exhausted, too tired to even be bothered by the fact that she will be re-entering the pool.

"Damn, Corliss," she whispers down at the sludgy surface. "You sure decided to miss a lot."

<<Don't forget about me this time,>> she murmurs to Mike before lowering his left ear to the surface of the pool. A moment later there is a small splash as her writhing Yeerk form hits the surface of the pool.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 11:21:34 PM by Terenia [Teach] »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #2029 on: September 10, 2011, 11:25:38 PM »
<<Damn it, Terenia, you can't leave me now,>> Mike protests, but he hardly has a chance.  He sighs, pressing his ear against the pool, reluctant to be reinfested so quickly after Terenia's departure.

Corliss senses Terenia's arrival in the pool, and Mike's ear canal. 

<<Terenia, are you all right?>> Corliss asks her, pausing to brush his palps against hers.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2030 on: September 10, 2011, 11:31:07 PM »
<<No,>> Terenia says honestly, using thought-speak instead of Yeerkish squeaks. <<No, I'm not alright. But I will be. Maybe. Hell, I don't know. Just...go back to Mike, you'll be able to figure it out from him. I'm just so freaking tired of all this crap.>> She hesitates, wanting to say something else, wanting to ask him about his earlier confession, but not knowing how to broach the subject. It doesn't matter, she reminds herself. He'll be able to see my questions when he reinfests Mike.

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #2031 on: September 10, 2011, 11:35:57 PM »
Corliss hesitates, brushing his body against hers, and letting her go.

Mike winces as soon as Corliss starts to reinfest him.  The process takes a few moments, but Corliss lifts Mike's head up from the pool, idly wiping the gray water from the side of his head.

The Yeerk stands up straight and looks over at the cabin doorway.  "We've got to get out of here," Corliss whispers aloud to his host.  "As soon as Terenia is ready to leave, we've got to go home."  He keeps the audio feed open, so Terenia herself can hear them.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2032 on: September 10, 2011, 11:38:10 PM »
<<I want to go now,>> Terenia says honestly, too tired to even bother scrunch-thrusting around the small pool. She lets the almost nonexistent current buffet her small, Yeerk body. <<But Ossanlin said it would be at least another day. I don't know if I can wait that long, Corliss. A lot can happen in a day around here.>>

Offline SamiChee

• Sami Chee is here to play!!!
    • Realm of Dreams
« Reply #2033 on: September 11, 2011, 12:15:06 AM »
Sami immediately smelled the fear as soon as she broke free from the woods. She followed Grun over to a stump that she didn't remember being there. She could smell her own scent, along with Noah's, but much stronger was Larry's. His scent of love. And of fear. She gently moved Grun aside and read the message in the dirt, gasping softly, a tear breaking free and dropping to the dirt. She tried to open the stump, but couldn't. Finally, she just shifted her hands into something like bear claws, and began ripping away at it until she had made a big enough hollow to pull their things out. She seperated Noah's from her cloak before donning it and standing up. She turned to face the bar, unsure of what to do. She didn't know many people in there, and didn't know where those were that she had interacted with before. Such as Al, who would no doubt be an asset in this situation.

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
« Reply #2034 on: September 11, 2011, 01:27:54 AM »
Noah burst from the trees not long after Sami and skidded to a halt near her. The air was heavy with lingering fear and a mild tingling from fresh magic. Her eyes were drawn to the stump she could have swore wasn't there when they left. Her eyes slowly drifted down to the message on the ground. She read it with wide eyes, even her jaw gaped exposing her sharp teeth and dropping her blood speckled clothes on the ground. Her body stilled as Noah looked back up to Sami who had separated their clothes from each other.

She walked up to Sami and rubbed her head against her hand. The blood had hardened into a crunchy deep maroon mass by now standing out from her vibrant red orange fur in the direct sunlight.

"I'll go with you if you'll take me. I saw the way you two looked at each other and I know what it is to feel the loss of part of your world." Her voice sounded raspy on the edge of a growl, but couldn't help it because she was using her leopard's throat. She looked up at her with serene eyes then walked back over to her clothes while waiting for a response. She picked up the clothes she brought back with her and added them to the pile. Noah pulled out her jacket from the mass and lay it flat on the ground. She began to pick up each item gently with her teeth until all of her clothes where laying on her jacket. She fumbled to get each corner of the jacket to the center trying to use her paws to pull them to get them there then her teeth to hold them in the middle. After about a minute she finally got it and grasped the 4 corners of her jacket in her mouth. She picked them up having not realized that her efforts would be all wasted if she had to talk again because she could not tie a knot with paws. Noah refused to shift back just yet, because she didn't trust the people around her to not harm her in her vulnerable state.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 01:30:07 AM by Twilight_Pixie »

Help my dragon grow big and strong

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #2035 on: September 11, 2011, 01:32:22 AM »
~Ossanlin~

Ossanlin trots at a military pace toward the Mirage, commanding it to open upon his arrival.  He ascends the ramp, listening for Efaen's hooves.  He immediately goes to the med-bay and opens one of the storage cabinets.  He unlatches an almost invisible clasp and slides one rack of field-restrained vials slightly off to one side revealing the sterile, white polymer surface underneath.  He runs a finger over the seemingly seamless surface.  He gives a coded private thought-speech command as he makes the physical contact and blue seams of energy appear on the surface of the polymer before a hidden chamber slides up, exposing three small magnetically sealed containers held in a row.  He removes the first and commands the chamber to close again.  It reseals, blue energy resealing the seams.  Ossanlin slides the rack back into place and latches the hasp again, closing the otherwise unremarkable cabinet, container in hand.

He pulls a dermal injector from a second cabinet and places it in a loader.  He places the unassuming white container in the loader as well and commands it to start.  The loader immediately seals and evacuates the chamber before running a sterilizing field through the loader and around the container.  A small laser-torch cuts the top of the container precisely and moves the freed piece out of the way. It pulls the contents of the chamber into a small vial of sterile saline liquid before sealing the vial and loading it into the injector.  The loader puts out a tone and equalizes the pressure inside before sliding open.  Ossanlin reaches in and removes the injector.

___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ____________

~Rathien~

"He is alive and I do not sense the end of his Dream."  Rathien glances at the newcomer noting positions where she might be hiding weapons as well as the possible threat she could pose before glancing back at Ewa as he lays Van down on the floor of the chamber, careful to avoid the drying Vivalite.  "Things were proceeding rather nicely...and then he became...well..."  Rathien gestures, indicating Van's current condition.

He bares his fangs as he regards the pirate.  The Beryillian had gotten off too easily.  At least it would be a simple matter to "borrow" a crate or two of the Vivalite now.  "It is...frustrating to say the least."  Rathien would never say so but he had missed being able to enjoy the company of a Beryllian ever since assassinating the Hegemon.  He glances at the crates of Vivalite again, then back at Ewa...it was possible that taking the Vivalite might result in Ewa's disapproval, which would make it much harder to garner some time alone with her.  For now he simply stands up, walking to one wall of the room to lean against it, one boot-clad foot propped up with it's sole flush against the wall.

Rathien glances over the new female again and grins, trying not to show his frustration at being denied the pirate.  "I apologize for my rudeness, I am Rathien’d’ilarianiil fen’Mirwindrierien’or’Elienal sen’Ildar, but you may call me Mirwind, or Rathien if you desire."  He continues grinning winningly, bright white fangs showing clearly.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 01:52:40 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #2036 on: September 11, 2011, 07:22:33 AM »
Vogefac looks at Claxter strangely for noticing he used her real name and making note of it.

"She has already explained her preference for her byname. Reptilinod so not often use a sobriquet, so it is difficult for me to use her's. I am sure I will learn some day. However, I was also aware of her paternal relation. I was introduced to Morgan some time ago, before I left."

After a brief pause, "I do not mean to offend you, but I was not asking for such...perceptible information. The way they interacted lead me to believe that Gaz was a close acquaintance and Parker a love interest. I was hoping for some more time-spanning information. Not to focus to much on Parker, but do you know when he and Artemis - I mean, Silver - first meet?"
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2037 on: September 11, 2011, 09:14:45 AM »
<I don't know if I was paying a whole lot of attention to Parker and Silver, and if I was I don't really remember the specifics. I'm sorry if what I said is only as much as you could have figured out quickly enough, but I think I was doing other things like worrying about Efaen. Another Andalite with her own problems. You'll have to ask them.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2038 on: September 11, 2011, 11:09:28 AM »
Efaen makes her way to the Mirage a few paces behind Ossanlin. She does not bother engaging him in conversation; her thoughts are very much on the commitment that she has just made, and casting aside her ability to contact any of her people beyond her Prince. It was necessary, she reminds herself, for what seems to be the millionth time. I am useless to my people aboard a Dome Ship, or back on the Homeworld. This will allow me to make progress against the Empire.

Squaring her shoulders, she ascends the Mirage's ramp, pausing in the doorway to the med-bay. Her main eyes watch Prince Ossanlin warily, but her expression is otherwise blank. <<I am prepared for my mission briefing, sir,>> she says, eager to get the hardest part - leaving - over with.

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #2039 on: September 11, 2011, 11:18:35 AM »
Silver blinked a moment and then understood what he was asking. "A lot has happened since you've been gone. The scars....it was a misunderstanding... ..Vogefac didnt mean it and I've all ready forgiven him. I know he would never hurt me onpurpose. The tatoos are like a birthday gift I guess. One day every year my powers grow. This was...this years...surprise... ." She bit her lower lip in thought. One habit she never broke.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker