Author Topic: Doctor Who: When Heroes Collide  (Read 2984 times)

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
Doctor Who: When Heroes Collide
« on: October 22, 2011, 09:57:12 AM »
Me and Kayla are writing a crossover fanfic! It combines our two favorite universes, Star Trek and Doctor Who, in an adventure that I HOPE will be unforgettable. ^^

PROLOGUE

Our story begins some years in the future. And yet, our story begins a few years in the past. Our story has always been occurring, and yet will never happen.

We follow the story of two great heroes, and their companions as they travel through space and time in their one-of-a-kind starships. They shall soon find themselves locked in a web of prophecy, as they unknowingly slip down the time-stream in their separate fashions to the events that shall bring them together.

There is a faith in the Sevrethiin Galaxy known as the Sons of Stamor. They believed in one thing, and one thing alone. Nothing had happened within the faith since it’s founding, 10,000 years before your time. It  may be for thus reason that it has become has become the rarest faith in all the many Universes. But the one thing they believe entails the belief in many universes. If this belief disturbs you in some way, their prophecy is not for you. But the events that follow prove their words to be true.

The Sons of Stamor uncovered a strange passage 10,000 years before now, on the home-planet of their original race, the Yttreons. It was hidden beneath miles of rock, under an ancient structure they thought of no consequence to them. Little did they know that the ancient, seemingly primitive structure belonged to an advanced race that inhabited the world before them. They were so advanced that their own knowledge of the Universe drove them mad.

But before the entire race was wiped out by their own madness, one of them engraved an inkling of the future miles deep in the crust of the Yttreon homeworld, within an ancient building that would one day be found by the Yttreons. Finding this Prophecy, they would found the Sons of Stamor, which when translated means The Sons of Destiny. This is what they found engraved so primitively, deep in the advanced structure of that ancient race:

“One shall cause the Rupture,
And this shall bring the Tide.
And it shall bring together,
And shall not be denied.

“The Tide caused by the man,
Shall bring together Two.
And they shall work together,
His efforts to undo.”

The Sons of Destiny were founded upon these two verses alone. This is all they believe in. This is all they know. But it is not in vain that those who have cleaved to this faith have cleaved to it. For soon, those patient enough to have waited according to this faith for so long are to be rewarded by it’s fulfillment. It’s fulfillment...the fulfillment that happens so far in the future, yet so far in the past. The fulfillment which never happens, and yet has always been ocurring.

This is the story of two great Heroes...

------------------------------------------------{••••}------------------------------------------------

Click! Clack! Crack...

Martha Jones jumped slightly at the unexpected sound. The Doctor had been doing one of his...seemingly routine switch/button/lever checks. At least...they seemed routine. He did them a lot. Not that Martha actually understood what he was doing. They might not be routines...but she didn’t feel like asking at the moment.

“What was that?”, she asked nervously.

The Doctor’s eyes were wide from behind his “brainy specs”.

“Nothing...well, nothing important. Well...nothing outrageously important...well... actually that was the Scanner’s Wide-Field Stabilization Sensor...”

Martha stared at the Doctor funny, “Right...of course. So, that means...?”

The Doctor looked at her like she’d just dribbled on her shirt, “Well, obviously it means that now any long-range sensor information we get wont be stable. So we pretty much DONT have long-range sensors.”, he explained while walking past her to get to another set of controls. He pushed a few buttons and pressed a few keys.

He looked back at Martha quickly, “I’ll have it fixed in no time. I promise.”

Martha rolled her eyes, “Right. Perfect. And until then?”

The Doctor gestured and made a funny face, “Well, we sit tight. How hard could it be?”

Martha’s eyebrows went up fast, “Well I don’t know...what if the Daleks just show up and...blow us up.”

“We’ve got extrapolator shielding, they cant just ‘blow us up.’”, He said in his high-pitched voice.

Martha shrugged, “Well how am I supposed to know we’ve got “extrapolator shielding?” I don’t even know what “extrapolator shielding” is!”

The Doctor looked at the ceiling, “Well...it sort of...extrapolates.. .”, he clarified.

Martha’s face split with a crooked smile. She wondered how the Doctor even kept the TARDIS up and running.

“Alright...how long exactly do you think this is going to take?”

The Doctor made a concentrated face, “Maybe...a few minutes.”

“A few minutes meaning?”

“Uh, well...10 to 20.”, the Doctor specified.

Martha smiled and slapped her hands on her thighs, “Alright...what can I do while you fix the Scanner?”

The Doctors brows furrowed, “Good question. I could...take you home?”

Martha gave the Doctor a look accompanied by a smile, “Don’t you dare!”

The Doctor smiled and chuckled, “Ok, but I’m not sure what there is for you to do.”

Martha shrugged, “Why can’t I help you fix the scanner?”

The Doctor smiled and shook his head, “The TARDIS is too complex for you to understand. I could never teach you to fix the Scanner. It’d take too long.”

Martha looked at him with a mock-indignant face, “Are you saying I’m stupid?”

The Doctor looked at her over his shoulder as he’d gone to another console in front of her, “Let’s not start that.”

Martha chuckled, "Maybe you could take me to some planet."

"And let you wander about and get into trouble?", he went back to his console tricks, "I don't think so."

Martha made an exasperated sound, “You do think I’m stupid! I wouldn’t just go wandering off. I’d stay near the TARDIS! I’d just explore the region. I promise. Maybe a beach or something.”

“You? Stay near the TARDIS? That’s the last thing you’d do. No, I’d rather have you bored than missing. What would your mother say?”

Martha shrugged, “I’m a grown woman I can take care of myself.”

The Doctor looked up at her, surprised, “Have you seen yourself?”

Martha’s brows furrowed, “What’s that supposed to mean!?”

As easily tired of arguing with his companions as he usually is, the Doctor was determined not to let go this time.

“Nothing. I’m just saying we’re not going. Go...sit in you room and...I don’t know, read.”

“Doctor...”, Martha said sharply.

He looked up at her. Their eyes met. Both of them boasted rich, dark eyes. They say the eyes are the windows into the soul. But theirs’ were more like chasms. So deep you fall and fall into them and never see their soul. Martha’s eyes a chasm, sparkling and tantalizingly mysterious. The Doctors eyes a chasm leading to his rich past, and all the things he’d seen.

Martha finally finished what she was about to say...

“Please?”

The Doctor stared at her for a few more seconds...then he groaned and stared at the ceiling again.

“Alright! But just until I get this scanner fixed up. Then you come back. But you stay with-in earshot so I can call you back.”, all the while the Doctor pressed buttons and flicked switches with practiced efficiency. As he finished, he pulled the main lever and the TARDIS dematerialized from it’s space-time coordinates and rematerialized on the beaches of Thalmes VII.

Martha smiles a big, gleaming white smile, “Thank you! I wont go far!”

Then she bolted for the TARDIS door. She jumped out and the door slammed behind her.

The Doctor stared after her, then rolled his eyes. He turned the scanner on.

“Just because I can’t see long range doesn’t mean I can’t make sure you don’t go wandering off.”

The scanner suddenly held the image of Martha Jones and she walked along the shore, staring off into the sunset.

The Doctor’s eyes kept flicking from his controls to the screen and back again. Just because Thalmes VII was declared uninhabited doesn’t mean it really was. He had to make sure Martha stayed safe. He kept sliding the screen with him wherever he went around the main control deck.

Outside, Martha had rolled up her pants and was dipping them in the slightly carbonized waters. Now and then a pocket of bubbles would brush against her foot. She would laugh and wait for the next pocket of bubbles. Lucky the CO2 is heavier than air, so it stay below the cliff she was sitting on.

She closed her eyes and listened to the strange bird-like calls of some flying creatures behind her, casting their shadows on the water in front of her as she stared at the sunset...

And that’s when she noticed...if the sun was in front of her...how were shadows being cast from behind her?

She looked down to make sure the shadows were really there...and then slowly began to look behind her. At the base of the cliff, several meters behind the TARDIS, and about 3 meters above the ground. A small light, about 5 inches in diameter. Martha brought her hand above her eyes and tried to block out some of the light. It was so small...yet it glowed with the intensity of a hundred suns.

She slowly stood and walked past the TARDIS, purposely brushing against it to reassure herself she could come running back to it. Back inside the Doctor had leaned under the console to fix something on the bottom. He was madly trying to finish so he could go back up and look to see where Martha was.

He finally clicked something into place. He stood up and stretched looking at the ceiling. He shook his head and rubbed his neck then went back to the console, clicking and switching things. He glanced at the Scanner and went back to his console...then he stared at the Scanner. There was nothing. Just a hole in the cliff and a bright light above it.

“Oh...NO! No! Martha!”, the Doctor screamed as he ran out of the TARDIS after her. He ran up to the opening and looked up at the light...then cringed at the brightness. Shielding his face from the light he ran inside the opening...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:46:22 PM by RAFrukh »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
Re: Doctor Who: When Heroes Collide
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 12:45:31 PM »

------------------------------------------------{••••}------------------------------------------------

Ttsssssssp....ttsss sssp.

The turbolift doors opened and shut as they let Humanity’s savior on the bridge.

“Number One, what’s our E.T.A. to Gathor IV?”, Captain Picard asked.

He looked around his bridge. Crusher sat at the Conn, piloting the ship and reading long-range sensor data. Data at Ops, making sure the ship was steady and read information from short-range sensors. Behind the main command dais, Worf kept a vigil on the Tactical console. On the main command dais, Riker sat in the chair right of the central chair and Troi in the chair to the left, carrying out their duties of looking after the crew and the ship. Picard nodded in satisfaction and turned his attention back to Riker.

Riker stood, “Well sir, it would be somewhere around 10 to 20 minutes...”, he trailed off with a sideways glance at Troi and Worf.

Picard raised his eyebrows, “Would be, Commander? What exactly is the delay?”

Riker shook his head, “No sir, no delay. We’re going to be there in about 5 minutes.”

Picards brows furrowed, “Didn’t I order us to stay at Warp 5? That is the Warp speed limit nowadays.”

Riker nodded, “We are at Warp 5, Captain.”

Picard looked at the viewscreen and the stars whizzing by at hyperlight speed, although a little faster then they should be. His brows furrowed again, as if he could stare the stars into submission.

“So what’s the problem?”, Picard asked.

Data turned in his seat, “Unknown sir. All we know is that something is adding to our velocity. It is not a Warp speed increase, as our Warp Engines are still emitting a Warp 5 Warp bubble around us. But in addition to our own Warp field, something is pulling us, increasing our velocity.”

Picard stared at him, “How we can be increasing speed if our Warp field isn’t on a higher factor?”

Data thought for a moment, “I believe an analogy may help; say for instance you are on an old-Earth train. The train is moving at a velocity of 100 kilometers per hour. If you were to stand and begin running towards the front of the train at a velocity of 20 kilometers per hour, you would effectively be moving at 120 kilometers per hour. The train is still moving at 100kph, but an extra force, the force exerted by your feet, is also adding to your speed.”

Picard’s eyebrows raised in understanding, “I see...and if you stopped the train, you would still be moving at 20 kph. So, if we stopped our Warp field we would still be moving in the direction this anonymous force is pulling us?”

Data nodded, “That is correct Captain.”

Picard walked back and sat in his chair, thinking.

“You said the force is changing our velocity. Velocity is speed in a given direction. Has the force changed our direction as well?”, Crusher asked.

“Yes, Wesley.”, Data said, then turned to Picard, “Our course has been altered by approximately 2 microns. As our speed has also increased, we should arrive at our destination unperturbed.”

Picard thought about that...

“Remind me of our mission on Gathor?”

“We are going to Gathor IV to provide security forces for a particularly volatile diplomatic situation between the Werrian Gru and Sdu factions.”, Data supplied.

Picard smiled briefly, looking at Riker. Riker’s face split in a big smile, “Mr. Data, please deactivate the Warp engines.”

Data looked surprised, “But sir, deactivating the Warp engines will allow the unknown force to pull us in it’s direction freely.”

Picard nodded, “Yes Mr. Data. That’s what we want.”

Everyone on the bridge smiled.

Data finally understood, “Ah. Should I inform the diplomats on Werith that our arrival will be delayed by an unknown time index.”

“Yes Commander. Tell them we won’t be there for at least 20 minutes...probably more.”

Data nodded and turned to his console and sent the message, then deactivated the warp engines.

Suddenly they slowed down. The stars still moved at hyperlight speeds, but they only appeared to be moving at about Warp 1.2, or close to those speeds. But they were turning to face the unknown force. When they stopped turning and only moved forward, Picard ordered, “Mr. Crusher, Warp factor 5 - engage.”

Wesley’s hands moved around the console putting in the information, and then engaged.

The ships Warp engines glows brighter and brighter. If there were air to transmit sound, a growing humming sound would be heard. And then...The ship seemed to stretch as the warp field distorted the view of it and send it hurling across the cosmos. The last trace of it was a brilliant flash of light in the distance, and then nothing.

Data spoke up, “Captain, we appear to be en route to an uninhabited world known as Thalmes VII. The last Federation science expedition was there almost a century ago, and declared it uninhabitable due to a steadily increasing CO2 index, originating in the oceans of the planet.”

“I remember reading about the Thalmes expedition in the academy. The official report said 3 went missing, 2 went mad, and 1 came back but after he was debriefed he committed suicide...”

Crusher slowly looked over his shoulder at Picard, “Um...are you sure we should be going there, sir?”

Picard chuckled, “Starfleet assumes that the two that supposedly “went mad” just ran away and went missing like the other three. And the one that came back killed himself because of some drunken bout where he and the two madmen claimed to have seen a strange silhouette on the top of the cliff and then again in some cave. I’m sure as long as we stay away from any intoxicating liquid we’ll be fine, Mr. Crusher.”

Crusher went back to his console, still slightly scared.

“So,” Picard started, “Now we need to figure out what exactly is powerful enough to pull the flagship of the Federation toward Thalmes VII.”

“It stands to reason that if it can pull a Federation starship toward it, it may be able to pull planets, sir.”, Data said.

“What’s the closest planet to Thalmes VII?”, Picard asked worriedly.

Data went back to his console, “It seems, sir, that the closest planet would be Ga...”

“Sir!”, Worf interrupted, “We’re being hailed by the diplomatic counsel on Gathor IV, priority one!”

“Onscreen.”

A strange lumpy face suddenly appeared onscreen. It’s neon purple eyes said it all without saying anything.

“Enterprise! We need your immediate assistance! Our whole planet is being knocked out of alignment! Something is pulling it out of orbit! Our scientists are saying if we move at this rate for another day or so the planet will be too cold to support life! Please, can you help us!?”

Data finished his sentence, “Gathor IV.”

Picard took a deep breath, “You can be assured that we will help. We’re on our way to the source of the problem. We’ll have it fixed before that happens.”

The Ambassador nodded briskly, “Please hurry!”

The screen took on the image of the stars outside once again.

“Well, I think this has just become an emergency. Mr. Crusher, please increase to Warp 8.”, Picard said.

With a nod, Wesley pressed a few more keys and the stars on the screen stretched.

“With the addition of the speed given by the anonymous force, we are now moving at approximately Warp 9.”, Data informed the bridge-crew.

Picard nodded, but was focused on Wesley. After a few minutes, “Mr. Crusher, you may stay onboard the Enterprise if you wish.”

Wesley turned around suddenly, “I didn’t say I wanted to stay on board...did I?”, he asked nervously.

Picard stared at him to see what he would do.

Wesley bit his lip and his eyes lowered, “Thank you, sir.”

Picard nodded, “Why don’t you go to your quarters.”

Crusher nodded and left the Conn terminal. Ensign MacKerl took his place.

MacKerl suddenly stopped the Enterprise.

Picard looked at the stars, and then to MacKerl, “Ensign, why did you stop the ship?”

MacKerl turned and looked at Picard suddenly nervous, “I...”

Data decided to step in, “I believe I can explain, sir. We have arrived at our destination.”

Picard’s brows furrowed, “How is that possible?”

Data, “We were less than a lightyear away to begin with. It only took us about 15 seconds at Warp 9 to get to our destination.”

Picard was still trying to wrap around that information, “Oh...well then. Sorry ensign.”

MacKerl nodded and turned back to his station.

“Well...maybe we should beam down...but I’m coming.”, Picard said.

Riker stood, “Sir, with all due respect, it’s my duty to remind you that it’s customary for the First Officer to accompany the Away Team, and that the Captain should remain on the bridge.

Picard nodded, “Noted.”

Riker nodded, “I’ll keep and open comm link to you.”

“Thank you.”, with that, Picard stood and Riker sat down, “Data, MacKerl, Worf, Troi, with me.”

Picard, Data MacKerl, Worf, and Troi all filed down to the transporter room. They filled O’brien in on the situation. And gave him the coordinates for beam-down. Then Picard said the words that always start their great adventures...

“Energize.”
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:47:05 PM by RAFrukh »

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
Re: Doctor Who: When Heroes Collide
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 12:47:13 PM »

“Martha! Martha!!!”, the Doctor called into the cave, and it echoed around the whole place.

The Doctor groaned and combed his hair with his hand, “Oh Martha...I told you to stay next to the TARDIS. Why does nobody listen to me. Do I just have a face that nobody listens to?”

“Maybe.”, he heard from the next room.

“Martha!”, he ran towards the sound of her voice. He burst into a room where he saw Martha staring at and running her fingers along an inscription in the walls.

“What is this?”, she said, not even taking her eyes off it, “Why wont it translate?”

The Doctor walked up to it, “Just give it a minute...sometimes it takes a minute to kick in.

Martha and the Doctor stared at it for a minute or two. Martha tried to see if she could just figure out what it meant. The Doctor tried to make the telepathic translation go faster.

Slowly...slowly, it appeared. The ancient words inscribed on the wall...

The Doctor Read them aloud:

“One shall cause the Rupture,
And this shall bring the Tide.
And it shall bring together,
And shall not be denied.

“The Tide caused by the man,
Shall bring together Two.
And they shall work together,
His efforts to undo.”

He thought about that for a second..., “I wonder what that means.”

Then, out of nowhere, the sound of the TARDIS appeared, followed by the TARDIS itself, materializing next to the Doctor and Martha.

The Doctor turned abruptly.

Martha turned also.

“What?”, the Doctor said, walking over to the TARDIS. He ran his hand down the wooden frame and sharply looked back to Martha, “What!?”

Martha started freaking out, “What!? What’s wrong!?”

The Doctor pushed the doors open and looked inside. He popped his head in, and back out, “This is impossible. Unless there’s some sort of emergency the TARDIS never dematerializes on it’s own!”

Martha spread her arms wide, “Well, maybe there’s some sort of emergency!”

The Doctor groaned, “No, the alarm isn’t on. The alarm would be going off if there was an emergency.”

He stared at Martha, and she stared back at him. He should’ve known she’d go wandering off. He should’ve known she’s get into trouble. He should never have let her out of the TARDIS until he could go with her. But it was too late now.

“So...so what do we do?”, Martha stammered.

He paced back and forth. He looked at Martha. He looked at the TARDIS. He looked at the writing on the wall.

“The Tide...shall bring together two...”, he took from the second stanzas.

He looked back at the TARDIS, and then Martha, “Well...maybe...”

“Maybe what?”, Martha asked.

The Doctor held up a finger to her, motioning for her to be quiet. He walked over and examined the writing closely. He looked around the room...for anything. A clue. A sign. A hint. Anything that might tell him he’s right about...

“OH! Yes! There!”, the Doctor yelled as if he and Martha had been searching together.

“What!?”, Martha yells, startled. She spun around to see nothing. But the Doctor brushed past her and crouched to the ground. Then Martha saw it. A small crop-circle like imprint on the floor.