Author Topic: RAF, he wrote  (Read 6614 times)

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
Re: RAF, he wrote
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 02:18:51 PM »
After a quick ride, the Hover-Lamborghini landed in front of the RAF Island city hall, where the Mod Council worked. Behind it were a hundred two-family apartment sized reactors that powered the whole of the Island. There were different configurations, but a few of the were nuclear, a few were proto-gamma, and one ore two were matter/antimatter. The whole island could probably run of those two for quite a while, but those powered the Editing Tower and Battle Dome. The rest of us got nuclear and proto-gamma energy.

Which obviously wasn't crap...even nuclear energy is great to have, nevermind a reactor that contained protomatter and gamma ray reactants...

Rukh lead the group up the steps. When they reached the doors, Rukh walked in and looked around at the large lobby. It had kind of a medieval look to it...stones, with a large stone staircase leading up and around the room to the Council chamber. He never liked it. As a professor he lived in the future, and as an inventor he lived for the future. Anything that reach backwards was dysfunctional to him.

One of the few things that showed that the building actually was from the 21st century was an intercom at the base of the staircase. Rukh pressed it, and a few seconds later Goom's voice came from the speaker, "Hello?"

Rukh, "Hello Goom, it's Rukh, Myth, Bear, and Seal."

"Ah the crime fighting group. On the job are you? Well I'm sorry, but we're busy up here."

Ruh shook his head, despite the fact that they couldn't see him, "Sorry Goom, we can't wait. We have reason to believe that the murderer works in the Mod Council."

A brief pause..., "I suppose we could let you in if promise to be quick."

"Quick as a hyperlight jet, mister Moderator.", rukh said.

"I should say so. Very well, come on up."

Rukh smiled and gestured for Bear, Seal, and Myth to head up in front of him. he followed them, an as he was the last to walk in, he tried to look professional. He put his hands behind his back and donned his best 'unbiased' face he could.

"Rukh, Myth, Seal, Bear.", Goom said, "This had better be good."

Rukh looked around at all the other mods. The only one missing was Richard. But no one's ever seen Richard except the mods, so Rukh didn't feel too disappointed.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the Mod council. As I'm sure you're aware, at 17:00 hours last night, J-Man, a friend of mine, was murdered. No one knows how or why, but around the crime scene we found a clu - er, evidence. Scattered around the outline were microscopic singularities. Tiny blackholes. Artificial in nature, as you can probably guess that blackholes don't just pop up anywhere, nevermind on the microscopic level,

"There was also no DNA around the site. Which leads me to believe that the job was done from a distance. The only thing we know that has the potential to warp space-time and create a singularity from a distance is...the Editor Tower. Furthermore, the only ones with access to the Editor Tower is yourselves.", Rukh stopped to let that sink in. All their faces were as calm as a summer's day.

Rukh grumbled and walked over to Myth, "Sense anything?", he whispered.

She listened closely, and looked intently at each of their faces, "Estrid and Terenia's heart-rates are up, but that might only suggest fear that they may be falsely accused. The rest of them are just angry."

Rukh nodded and walked back over, "So, to make it blisteringly obvious - we believe that it must've been someone from the Mod council."

Now Goom spoke up, "We don't have time for this. We're in the middle of discussing an important safety precaution that may prevent something like this from happening again."

"How can you prevent something when you dont know the cause or the source?", Seal retorted.

Goom shot her a look. So did Phoenix, who said, "It's a general fix. How do you stop a robbery if you don't know where or how the burglar will strike?"

Rukh thought about it, "You would...put video camera's up in all the shops you could."

"Correct. And that's essentially what we're going to do...we're not supposed to tell anyone about this, but...meet AYE. Automated Yegg Entrapper."

Putting the very strange name aside for a minute, Rukh watched as an invisible door at the other end of the room opened and a large glowing sphere hovered within...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 12:03:42 PM by RAFrukh »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Aldrea2011

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2011, 12:23:08 PM »
I like it!!!

You gotta email/chat to me and tell me the rest of the plot!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2011, 03:20:36 PM »
No, you gotta wait :P

They all stared at the hovering bright sphere...

"Automated Yegg Entrapper???", Myth finally said.

Phoenix rolled his eyes, "A yegg is a criminal. It was the only way we could fit the Y in AYE."

Rukh's eyes narrowed, "But...that would be the "A" aye...so you named the device aye as in 'aye-aye-aye!' and not as in the eye that sees?"

Phoenix facepalmed, "Look it works, alright? Now, we were saying - "

"I'd do something along the lines of a simple 'Internal Serenity Enhancer', ISE, or 'RAF Regulatory Robot' Triple-R, or - "

"ALRIGHT! If it makes you feel better, we'll go with Triple-R. AS I was saying, the...Triple-R, is a camera. You said putting camera's in all shops within the effected radius, and that's what the Triple-R is effectively. It's a giant monitoring device designed to monitor the effected radius - RAF Island."

Rukh thought for a moment, "Wait, the whole Island?"

Estrid nodded, "Every cubic millimeter, 24/7."

Seal's eyes went wide, "But you cant do that! You'll be taking away the freedom of the citizens of RAF Island!"

Terenia nodded sadly, "We know...but it's necessary. Whoever murdered J is still out there! We don't know if he's plotting another murder. And if someone's doing it, other's might join in disturbing the peace we've worked so hard to establish here."

Rukh shook his head, "But I've been trying to say, the killer is in THIS. ROOM."

They all looked at eachother. Goom shook his head, "Don't get to caught up in your search for the criminal. It's not me. It's not Phoenix, Estrid, or Terenia. And it is most definitely not Richard - who by the way has approved of this action."

"Alright," Rukh said, "But until you have been proven innocent, you are still suspects. You are the only ones with access to the Editor Tower, and that's the only device on RAF Island that could do this."

Estrid, "Do you really think any of us would've done that? J was a valued member of the society. And we, as the Mod Council, are devote to keeping the Island peaceful for all members. Do you really think we would do that?"

Myth and Rukh both groaned, "No..."

Rukh continued, "Of course not...but I can't say it wasn't you. EVERYONE is a suspect until I can prove otherwise."

Goom, "Alright, question us."

Eyes wide, Rukh spoke with a uiver in his voice, "What, here? But I dont have my Empathic Reader! I dont even have a Polygraph!"

Phoenix shook his head, "We dont have time for you to go get it. uestion us now, and then continue with your investigation while we set up the Triple-R."

Rukh nodded slowly, then walked over to Myth, "Go and get my Antigrav Gripper, and pick up a few of the microscopic wormhole...", he handed her his magnifier, "Bring them back to the LAB as soon as you can."

She nodded and discreetly walked out. Under his breath, Rukh muttered, "And now I have to distract the mods for a good half hour or so,

"Ok, Goom...where were you when the murder was committed?"
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:04:53 AM by RAFrukh »

Aldrea2011

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2011, 03:24:22 PM »
Duh-duh-duh-duhhhhhhhh...... I can't wait to see what happens!!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 09:17:46 PM »
Neither can I! ^^

Btw I only put to be continued signs in posts that aren't finished yet. So I post several different posts, but for each posts I have an idea of where I want it to end, and if I have to stop before I finish I just put that up which means I'll edit THAT individual post. FYI. :P

That said...*goes to edit that post*

Edited...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:05:14 AM by RAFrukh »