Author Topic: A message to Cassie from someone at the NSA (David's dad) (Book 54 spoilers)  (Read 1728 times)

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
To: Cassandra Logan (clogan@whitehouse.gov)
Subject: Your help please

It has come to my attention that you were a prominent member of the world- (or rather, galaxy-) famous Animorph guerrilla fighters against the Yeerk invasion. Like you, I experienced this war first-hand. However, we differ in that I was a Human Controller, while you actively and secretly fought the Yeerks with your friends and the ability to turn into any animal you touch. I understand that this is Andalite technology that was given to you by Prince Elfangor-Sirinial-Shamtul. This technology is now being used by the U.S. Military.

The reason I am contacting you is because you may have information on the whereabouts of my son, David.

When my wife and I were infested two years ago, we learned of the circumstances that led up to it. Our son David had found the "blue box" or Escafil device and was planning to sell it on eBay. Visser Three, as he was called at the time, was going to buy the device. I came home that day to find that the house alarm had been tripped. The next thing I knew, wild animals and aliens were in my house, destroying it. My wife came home and both of us were whisked away to be infested. Meanwhile, David disappeared.

The other human-controllers told my Yeerk and I that David had escaped, and if he wasn't hiding out of fear, he had been kidnapped by the "Andalite bandits". The Andalite bandits, I was told, were the most likely suspects. "Why else would a bunch of animals with one Andalite attack a house where the Escafil device was?" they said.

After that, everyone was desperate to find David again. My wife and I - because we loved David so much, and the Yeerks because David had seen Andalites, Hork-Bajir, and a Dule Fansa. They were also desperate to find him because if the Andalite bandits had found him, they would have him join their forces. Using my position in the National Security Agency, the Yeerks (and some normal humans) began their search.

It came to a head at one point when David called my cell phone from a pay phone outside a 7-Eleven. His end disconnected prematurely and instantly we traced the call and arrived at the spot in 2 minutes. David was not there, but a rhino and a gorilla were. This fed the Yeerks' suspicions that David was with the Andalite bandits. We haven't seen him since.

By now, you know where I am going with this. The secret is out: The Andalite bandits were actually the Animorphs, and you were a member. I know you know something about our son, Miss Logan. Please help us.
Sincerely, Stan Debassy, Director of Internal Affairs, NSA

-----

What do you think Cassie's reaction to this E-mail would have been?  ;D Discuss.  :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 04:22:46 AM by Dogman15 »

Offline 11:11

• I always catch the clock, it's 11:11...
Re: A message to Cassie from someone at the NSA (Book 54 spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 05:21:04 AM »
*reaction* Is this guy's name Stan or John...? :p
And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.

NateSean

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 09:43:08 AM »
Other than the name confusion, yeah, this is actually a pretty chilling concept.

Now that Cassie is the only Animorph remaining of the bunch, it will be interesting to see how she handles the really large bag with the flimsy handles that dear old Jake left her carrying.

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 02:01:02 PM »
I fixed it to be Stan, taking off after TobiasMasonPark's fan fiction where that's the name he uses.

I'd like to turn this letter into the jumping-off point for a fan fiction of my own, but I'm not sure what to do with it. I did write a first-person narrative by Cassie on her reaction after reading it, though:

I sat back in my chair and tried to take in everything I had just read. David's parents were free, that much was obvious. But now they were searching for David, and Mr. Debassy was using simple detective skills (that you didn't need NSA training for) to figure out how to find David! How could I possibly tell him everything? "Hey, Mr. Debassy, your son was being a sociopathic murdering jerk and we had to trap him as a rat on an island."? I don't think so. And to make matters more complicated, there was the whole episode with Crayak and David coming back. Rachel and I were involved with that, but I left shortly before she caught David. Rachel told me that David asked her to kill him, but she never told me if she did. Rachel is dead now, so I can't ask her. The only thing I can do for David's parents is to meet with them and meticulously explain to them why we did to David what we did. Then, all I can do is give them hope that maybe David is still alive on that island. Or maybe it would be more comforting for them to know that David died and didn't have to suffer with the psychological stress that being trapped as a rat caused?
There was only one thing I could do. I had to do it. I would reply to Stan Debassy and with as little words as possible ask him and his wife to meet me in my office. I had to trust that the words would come to me then.

I think I would call it "Cassie's Story", as if that were super-original.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 04:23:48 AM by Dogman15 »

Offline Baranth

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 04:05:15 PM »
I wonder why KAA never thought of this angle for #54...

I think that we could call this a KASU since we (the fans) would have LOVED to see Cassie's reaction to the letter.

Maybe this could be a sub-plot of my "Animorphs #58" idea I've been working on.

(Note: #58 would have come out in September 2001, so the working name of the idea is The Terror, for obvious reasons)

inb4 everyone starts using The Terror as the title of their versions of #58
I may seem like an idiot, but trust me: I know what I'm talking about.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
     I approve of this. I'm flattered that you were inspired to name David's dad Stan. I'll be honest, I just picked a name out of a hat. I literally sat in Starbucks with my laptop, typed the story and got the part where David talks to his parents and thought..."Um...this and this will be their names..."

Anyways, bang up job, Dogman. I actually love their last name, too. Debassy. Sounds french. I know Capnnerefir chose Montressor for David's last name. That also sounds French.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline SuperBlue

• God
Oh wow! I love this! IDK why nobody's thought of this before! of course David's parents would try and contact the Anis as soon as they were freed! Now here comes the awkward part of explaining everything their psychopathic son has done
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
     True, but his parents probably wouldn't want to believe it. All parents want to kid themselves and believe their kids are saints.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline SuperBlue

• God
ugh you don't have to tell me twice. If David gets his way of thinking from them, they'll probably try and take legal action against the Anis(or...just Cassie now) or they could take the law into their own hands :P
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
At the time David's dad sends this e-mail, Cassie, Jake, and Marco are still available. Cassie was just the easiest to reach because both she and Stan are/were in the government. (Cassie is a White House aid.)

Offline Nar Klawip

• Raf's Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Howler
I'd really like to see where this goes.

I'd also like to see Ax, Jake, and Marco's reaction to the letter (since you said they were still available, I'm guessing she forwarded the E-mail and her response to them), because if I were her I definitely would have wanted the other Animorphs help in explaining what they were forced to do and why they had little choice.

Maybe you could include Tobias as well, perhaps Cassie goes to find Tobias to see if Rachel confided in him about what she did with David.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 09:44:53 PM by Gumrad Cobalteyes »
"When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. When a dying Andalite Prince gives you the morphing power? Well then you make miracles." ~Me

“Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling desperately to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds." ~Hasturi the Mad Perseid, Andromeda

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I'll have a witty and blistering retort! You'll be devastated THEN!” ~ Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
Oh man, if only I had the time to turn this into a full story by actually writing it... *sigh*

Any of you are more than welcome to use this letter as a starting point for your own story, though. I just don't have the time to write fan fictions these days. Maybe in a few years, after college.

Offline Nar Klawip

Oh man, if only I had the time to turn this into a full story by actually writing it... *sigh*

Any of you are more than welcome to use this letter as a starting point for your own story, though. I just don't have the time to write fan fictions these days. Maybe in a few years, after college.
I completely understand. I have the exact same problem, plus finding a job, finishing my actual novel and moving out of my parents house. but I'll really try to make time for this one, its a great idea!(and I'll be sure to give credit where its due)

I'll probably include it in my 66 volume(one for every single book in the series and a couple extra) fanfic rewrite of the entire series, but with two extra animorphs, and both minor and major plot changes...among other things.

Its actually pretty good, two years and I'm only on book 17 though,(and I still have to proofread and edit them) but quality over quantity as I always say, and I want these to be high quality.

"When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. When a dying Andalite Prince gives you the morphing power? Well then you make miracles." ~Me

“Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling desperately to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds." ~Hasturi the Mad Perseid, Andromeda

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I'll have a witty and blistering retort! You'll be devastated THEN!” ~ Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
That should be interesting to see. Did you see my other post, halfway down the page, in purple text, of what Cassie's immediate reaction (in narration) was?

Offline Nar Klawip

Yeah, I did.

I plan to include that too, if I ever get that far.