Author Topic: OoC: An Ellimist Roleplay?  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
OoC: An Ellimist Roleplay?
« on: February 23, 2011, 01:59:41 PM »
I have a problem, I desperately want to do an Ellimist Roleplay (with TEC being my favorite book and all) but I can only think of one or maybe two ways to do the Roleplay in a way that doesn't come off cheap, twadry, unbelievable.

Any ideas as to how someone could pull off a sucessful Ellimist based roleplay? I have read TEC several times (I'm reading it again right now) and almost consider myself an Ellimist scholar. Anybody have any ideas?

Post Merged: February 23, 2011, 05:54:48 PM
:bump:

Post Merged: February 24, 2011, 08:46:45 AM
No one has ANY ideas?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 08:46:45 AM by Unknown User »
Meh.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
Re: OoC: An Ellimist Roleplay?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 09:26:44 AM »
Depends on how it would go. It could either work so that the DM is the Ellimist and the other player characters are his unwitting victi----I mean associates! ;D This would probably make the most sense as far as Roleplays go. Or we could do it by the "law of scaling badass"---that is, so that the other player characters have similar powers to avoid unbalancing the game. But then we'd have to get really technical and weird, so the first way works best.

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 10:24:21 AM »
That would be interesting. One player(You probably) is the Ellimist, another The Crayak, and all the other players can be their own 'omnis' from other galaxies? Equal or less powerful than Ellimist and Crayak. And the Big Bad Boss NPC can be the omni who banished Crayak from his galaxy?

An idea?
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 01:02:01 PM »
Awesome idea to the both of you, those were the two ways I had concieved of doing the roleplay (I mentioned that fact in the OP) and am inclined to combine the both of them...some badass characters and some regular ones. The Ellimist and Crayack play a chess game, I just can't decide on how to get the other 'Omnis' to go along that way.... after all we can't have them battling and destroying space time.
Meh.

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 08:08:45 PM »
Hmm...

One way is to set some limits from the very beginning. Use a d20 system(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D20_System)?

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 01:57:26 AM »
Difficult to play unless each PC plays one "omni" and one regular. That way, jealousy is completely avoided. :P Otherwise we have a conflict of interest and the "gods" of the story control it too thoroughly. Unless there's an extensive set of ground Rules.

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 02:49:13 PM »
There's an idea: Each player has an omni and a nominal charie. The omnis can be part of the 'game' ellimist and crayak play, and the nominal charie they control is a member of the pawn species'. The omnis sometimes clash in physical battles, and sometimes in more 'first into space' kind of cold wars using their pawns. There could be alliances, and enemies.

Sound good?