Author Topic: Most Hated Moments in Canon (Why, KA, Why?!)  (Read 5073 times)

Offline Baranth

Re: Most Hated Moments in Canon (Why, KA, Why?!)
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2011, 08:18:27 PM »
He never stops playing with words because he enjoys playing with words. Yes it may be annoying to some, but I'm reasonably certain he's doing it on purpose. There are things he does in the beginning by accident, or just not knowing, but if he's still doing it three years later it's because he wants to. Three years after he landed, he could probably speak as normally as the others, but he just enjoys making mouth sounds, and he loves food.

I'm also reasonably certain that the chee could construct a Kandrona generator outside their bodies. Why not? It would have been useful for Aftran, and even prevent deaths when the Free Horks rescued their comrades. After the Peace Movement got going, the Chee could have even stolen parts to make a large generator for all of them. Why not? It bugs me that everyone seems to think one of the Chee would have to keep Aftran in their body for her to feed. I don't think that would be needed.

This, totally. The Chee would have been not only preventing violence, but saving the Yeerks for the purpose of espionage, which is completely within their programming, as Erek says in #10.

The thing is, though, that Aftran was made a whale nothlit simply for the PURPOSE OF PLOT.

Does anyone else know of any instances that happened simply for plot-related purposes?
I may seem like an idiot, but trust me: I know what I'm talking about.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 08:21:17 PM »
Jake waiting to save his family last comes to mind. That's the only reason I can see him dropping the ball like that.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Baranth

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2011, 08:28:49 PM »
Jake waiting to save his family last comes to mind. That's the only reason I can see him dropping the ball like that.

Same with Tom not having a contingency plan for the 4 day trip in #31, as well as Visser One running into Marco at the beginning of #30.

And then there's Visser Three finding the supposedly-now-impossible-to-find Pemalite Ship in #36. Wasn't that thing sent into the Marianas Trench at the end of #27?
I may seem like an idiot, but trust me: I know what I'm talking about.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2015, 01:03:35 AM »
     The reason Tom remained a Controller? Simple. He had a part in the war to fulfill. He needed to get the box.

Couldn't Applegate have assigned some other Controller to snag the cube?

The Animorphs couldn't possibly have known that Tom would someday introduce morphing technology to the Yeerks and cause many of them to desert.  Therefore, Duck's reasoning would not be relevant to the Animorphs' decision making process.