Author Topic: Suggestion: RAFtutoring?  (Read 1297 times)

warren_bearclaw

Suggestion: RAFtutoring?
« on: January 30, 2011, 10:12:01 PM »
I wasn't sure where to put this, but seeing as it's a suggestion, I figured here would be appropriate.

So, as the title implies, what if we had a thread for tutoring? I'm not saying we should have a thread for tell-me-the-answer-to-my-problem, but maybe a thread for helping each other understand school concepts we don't quite get. Maybe someone doesn't understand why the volume of a sphere is 4/3(pi)3, or what the difference between speed and velocity is, or why The Boston Massacre occurred. I thought it might be useful for us to have a thread for that purpose. There would have to be some sort of rule about not posting if you don't have a source, or if you aren't really confident in your answer, or something to that effect. Sure, you can look up anything in Wikipedia, but sometimes it's just so much easier to have another person explain it (hence the concept of tutoring).

Any thoughts?

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: Suggestion: RAFtutoring?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 01:14:07 AM »
Not a bad idea, but maybe some of it is covered under threads like "math questions" and the school threads?

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 01:30:00 AM »
Oh... I'd never seen the Math Help thread.... I guess that physics and other science related questions (well, at least the mathematics questions) would fit there too. Thanks for showing me that, Myitt!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 11:49:44 AM »
No problem, it's here if you can't find it:

http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=1821.135

And science questions, I'd throw them in there if they're physics questions, but if you have any biology or geology questions feel free to post them in my Evo. Bio. school thread :)

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash