Author Topic: 101 Loose Ends  (Read 4421 times)

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
Re: 101 Loose Ends
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2010, 09:30:49 PM »
Well, that just sounds like a waste.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 01:34:33 AM »
Actually, I don't think it is from a literary or plot standpoint - from Crayak's view, they're essentially useless now that they see alternative forms of play. From a storytelling standpoint...well, the Anis just wiped out an entire race of children with the power of love. Warped Aesop, anyone? It's one of the morally darkest moments in the series.

Offline Aldrea Hammee

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2010, 05:19:29 PM »
I thought of a few more.

#53. What eventually happened to David's parents? Were they ever freed, or did they die in any of the final battles? If they survived, didn't they wonder what happened to their son?

#54. What did David do with Saddler? *shudder*

#55. What were Darwin and Madra's lives like? How much did they know about their mom?

#56. After the war, was any sort of counseling or help offered to former Controllers? They HAD to have been traumatized on some level by their experiences.

#57. Wasn't there a guy in #1 who escaped the Yeerk Pool riding on Cassie's back in horse morph? Or am I imagining that? Where did he go?

#58. What do you think Karen was like after her experiences with Aftran?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 05:28:23 PM by Aldrea Hammee »
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2010, 06:34:26 PM »

53 and 57 have already been answered.

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2010, 10:14:04 PM »
Actually, I don't think it is from a literary or plot standpoint - from Crayak's view, they're essentially useless now that they see alternative forms of play. From a storytelling standpoint...well, the Anis just wiped out an entire race of children with the power of love. Warped Aesop, anyone? It's one of the morally darkest moments in the series.

Are they useless? Would you want to be kissed a howler?  And they could just alternate between kissing and killing.  Also, what if kiss was a euphemism?

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2010, 12:37:06 PM »
In response to number 51, I think the Ellimist told the Anis Crayak would have to destroy the Howlers, because they were no longer effective killers. So basically they don't exist anymore.

Crayak wouldn't even have had to wipe them out.  They only have a three-year lifespan, and they can't reproduce on their own, right?  So, just wait three years, and the problem takes care of itself.

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2010, 10:03:46 PM »
Cool thread!

59) WHO WAS THAT CRAZY OLD LADY in #MM1???
People have speculated her to being the sole free-controller Cassie/horse carried with her during their very first Yeerk pool raid. But I am not fully sold on that one.

60) Whatever happened to the Chapmans?
The Chapmans were quite a prominent family during the start of the series, and whenever there needed to be confirmation of Yeerk-activity for the reader, KA ALWAYS used Hendrick Chapman as a plot device. What's more, there's Melissa Chapman, that never really got much developed on. At the end, their house was destroyed and Chapman was taken hostage, but that's it??!?!?!?

61) What did the Sstramm and the Mak look like?
These two races were only mentioned once or twice, me thinks. It is a pity that nothing more than their names was developed in the series.

62) Who were the two mysterious beings behind the events of #The Familiar?

63) Who were The Five?
Was it just me, or there seemed to be a hint that KA was going to do something more with them?

64) What was going on in the Anati System?

65) What happened to Visser One after #The Visser Chronicles and HOW did she get condemned to how we find her in #The Revelation?

66) And there was a reference to one Rakkoo Garoo (or something) conflict under #MM4. What did the Ellimist perform under the rules of the game there?

I really wanna know exactly what the hell IS The One, too.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2010, 05:22:39 AM »
67- How did Karen escape exactly? As she had to let Aftran in the Yeerk Pool and leave all by herself, hiding she wasn't a Controller any more, and I suppose the Yeerks have a list of the enslaved Humans and of the Yeerks, so they would search for any people who doesn't come back to the Yeerk Pool to feed, particularly somebody who is supposed to spy an important person (Aftran's father).
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2010, 07:07:05 PM »
That is a big plothole, since it was established in book 8 that Yeerks don't just let hosts be free if they escape their Yeerk master. They hunt you down and kill you.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2010, 12:11:48 AM »
68) With a free-Controller Alloran, what became of the Yeerk-contacts said to be operating in the Andalite Homeworld (ref. #9:The Alien)?
This dangler left a bug behind my ear. Specially considering KA hinted to not having forgotten it during  (#18:The Desicion) where in Ax/seagull faces Visser Three in kafit bird morph. Since Ax's astonished speculations were suspectful of a KASU in itself, it's a pity we'll never know what transpired in the Andalite Homeworld.

69) Did the Ralek River make it back in one piece?

70) Seriously, what was the lethal injury Elfangor couldn't morph/heal out of???

Offline songofsuzanna

• Haunting the Sacristy; a blog
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2010, 10:08:50 PM »
68) With a free-Controller Alloran, what became of the Yeerk-contacts said to be operating in the Andalite Homeworld (ref. #9:The Alien)?
This dangler left a bug behind my ear. Specially considering KA hinted to not having forgotten it during  (#18:The Desicion) where in Ax/seagull faces Visser Three in kafit bird morph. Since Ax's astonished speculations were suspectful of a KASU in itself, it's a pity we'll never know what transpired in the Andalite Homeworld.

I was going to mention that one, too, but it seems like a really HUGE plot point that KA couldn't possibly forget about or not follow through on that I thought that maybe I was mis-remembering or hallucinating.  I mean, that right there could have taken the series in a completely different direction than where it ended.  It could also go a long way in explaining why the Andalites were so long in coming to Earth to help the Animorphs.
Please click! --- >  

"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory." -- Steven Wright

"Oat-FREAKING-Meal!" -- Marco

Offline Morilore

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2010, 01:50:17 AM »
69) What did all the surrendering Yeerks morph into after the final battle?  Did they morph humans, or Hork-Bajir, or nonsapient animals?  Is there a whole community of "trans-Yeerks" now on Earth, or somewhere else?  Were they deported to the Yeerk home world?

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2010, 10:15:43 PM »
70) Seriously, what was the lethal injury Elfangor couldn't morph/heal out of???

I always just assumed that he couldn't morph the injury away. It's been a while since I read the Andalite chronicles, so I don't remember what Elfangor said in his narration exactly. I read somewhere on this forum that he claimed to be "too tired to morph"--which may be his way of saying that he didn't want to morph, because he was tired of the war. He "passed down the torch", as it were, to the Animorphs. I guess he thought that he had done his part.

But I just assumed the Ellimist never gave Elfangor his morphing powers back once Elfangor regained his Andalite body.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2010, 08:01:25 AM »

I was going to mention that one, too, but it seems like a really HUGE plot point that KA couldn't possibly forget about or not follow through on that I thought that maybe I was mis-remembering or hallucinating.  I mean, that right there could have taken the series in a completely different direction than where it ended.  It could also go a long way in explaining why the Andalites were so long in coming to Earth to help the Animorphs.
Wow, I'm digging your speculations there, songofsuzanna. If only I was a good writer, I reckon there's a BIG story to tell there!

69) What did all the surrendering Yeerks morph into after the final battle?  Did they morph humans, or Hork-Bajir, or nonsapient animals?  Is there a whole community of "trans-Yeerks" now on Earth, or somewhere else?  Were they deported to the Yeerk home world?
Good question.
Here's me thinking Cassie would have thought ahead on this issue too, (ref. Taxxons morphing endangered species in the rainforests). Well, I imagine, much like in the individual case of Aftran, she would have pitched for the Yeerks to take the bodies of endangered species such as the whales, seals and powerful fishes. She might also have been trying to kill two birds with one stone, in having Yeerk-Humpback whales teaching illegal fishermen a real lesson in 'scientific research'. I could really see her doing that!

I always just assumed that he couldn't morph the injury away. It's been a while since I read the Andalite chronicles, so I don't remember what Elfangor said in his narration exactly. I read somewhere on this forum that he claimed to be "too tired to morph"--which may be his way of saying that he didn't want to morph, because he was tired of the war. He "passed down the torch", as it were, to the Animorphs. I guess he thought that he had done his part.

But I just assumed the Ellimist never gave Elfangor his morphing powers back once Elfangor regained his Andalite body.
I never considered the latter. That's an interesting hypothesis, in tune with the Ellimists' way, isn't it?!
I am more inclined to believe that's what went down now.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2015, 03:04:23 PM »
Cool. My turn.

6. What uses were all those morphing cubes put to besides converting Yeerks and Taxxons?
7. What does this mean in the Ellimist's game with Crayak?
8. What became of the Iskoort?
9. Was the Yeerk Empire defeated or just wounded?
10. What about all those other countries who wouldn't have approved of America having a monopoly on the visiting aliens and emerging technologies?

6: The morphing cubes were also used to convert members of Special Forces into morphers.  Jake then helped train those special forces.  Morphing may eventually spread out into the general populace, with the DMV issuing morphing licenses.

7: I expect that the Ellimist won this round!