Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 223586 times)

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #5385 on: January 05, 2017, 07:05:58 AM »
Sry Aevus, I think people didn't see the post.  Welcome to RAF, hope you enjoy your time here.

The GESB stands for Galaxy's Edge Space Bar.  It's a drop-in/drop-out message-board RP (RolePlay).

Once upon a time there was a website called Kimmeree's Anichat.  This website was created and maintained during the height of Animorphs popularity.  Within this website was a chat-room of the same name, GESB.  It was the brainchild of a lot of old Animorphs fans (who were much younger at the time).  In this chat-room, many of us did live text role-playing.  After some time, the website died out, and the chatroom along with it.  But many of us remained and we sort of slowly drifted to RAF until the GESB was reborn here as a MBRP.

You can read the rules and some helpful suggestions here.  Please give it a read if you're interested in joining.  ^^  You're certainly welcome to if you adhere to the rules.  Original Characters only (this means no Cassies or Marcos), can be from...well...anywh ere...can be any species (Human, Yeerk, Andalite, Hork-Bajir, even something-you-completely-made-up).  There are a lot of Animorphs 'verse original characters here, but there are others who are from other times and places.  And sometimes there will be a fight or two, but we mainly focus on character development and interactions rather than physical conflict.  Again, not saying it doesn't happen...just means it's not the focus.

The Setting...GESB...It's a ramshackle wood structure on a small planetoid in the middle of space.  The place is uncharted and is actually a multi-dimensional crossroads in the Multiverse.  Other planetoid features include a parking lot for space ships, a ship graveyard, a forest, and a lake.  The bartender, known simply as 'the BT' never speaks and communicates only by writing on his notepad.  The BT is actually a god-like creature that brings people in from different times, places, realities, and walks of life basically for entertainment.  ^^  If you read the rules and want to join, just write up an intro for yourself and post it on in.  ^^
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5386 on: January 05, 2017, 05:42:19 PM »
I need to make something happen. Unfortunately, all my characters are in the wrong places for that, so there's my post. : P

I almost half want to drop Mar in here just to make something happen. Or my resident Myitt-esque character, who oddly enough Luke is going to meet pretty shortly outside the GESB. XD

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5387 on: January 05, 2017, 05:54:25 PM »
Gonna try to get a post up tomorrow. Again, apologies for taking so freaking long to post, but so much has been going on lately.

Also, I just realized that I've been neglecting Nepek for a while. Gotta fix that :P

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #5388 on: January 06, 2017, 07:45:32 PM »
Welcome Aevus!

Thanks Luke for providing a list!

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5389 on: January 07, 2017, 02:03:39 AM »
I need to make something happen. Unfortunately, all my characters are in the wrong places for that, so there's my post. : P

I almost half want to drop Mar in here just to make something happen. Or my resident Myitt-esque character, who oddly enough Luke is going to meet pretty shortly outside the GESB. XD

I just gave Keshin/Joanne an out if you want to move them elsewhere. :) Sorry that back-and-forth took so long!

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5390 on: January 10, 2017, 10:29:44 AM »
Joanne is basically female Guzma from Team Skull, and she knows it. XD Comes of growing up poor in New York City. Also, play the latest Pokemon game. It's got some interesting things to say about the whole notion of "evil teams," and that while something like them does exist in real life...There are a lot of extenuating circumstances.

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5391 on: January 10, 2017, 12:43:16 PM »
I couldn't even finish Moon :P

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5392 on: January 10, 2017, 04:25:57 PM »
*gh fails at life* V___V

XD Not really. But you should give it another shot. I'm finding myself falling in love with the characters--- They've got a little bit more personality than in the average Pokemon game, although it's only clear by the second and third island.

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5393 on: January 10, 2017, 05:40:39 PM »
When I say I couldn't beat Moon, I mean thay I just couldn't stand the game long enough to play it til the end :P I dunno, I feel like the series has been running on fumes after gen 5; I think the new regions are kinda boring and the new Pokemon (aside from Froakie and Rowlet's evolutionary families which are love) range from pretty decent to crap, with a solid portion falling toward the latter half of the sliding scale. I do really like OR/AS though, those are solid remakes

Yeah, much like music, it's not a good idea to get me started talking about Pokemon, because I can ramble for ****ing hours :P

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #5394 on: January 10, 2017, 06:39:34 PM »
I never did get into Pokemon...it got popular while I was in highschool and I never played handhelds.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5395 on: January 11, 2017, 05:59:18 PM »
I played red and blue in 1997.

I was 13.

That is all. XD

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5396 on: January 18, 2017, 04:52:50 PM »
I know, I haven't made a post in forever; I'm sorry, but I might have to withhold from posting for a little longer. I've been incredibly busy lately, not to mention sick as a mother****ing dog

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5397 on: January 19, 2017, 01:34:20 AM »
Get better soon gh!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #5398 on: January 19, 2017, 04:16:33 PM »
So hey ^_^ I've spent the last few days catching up on all the recent madness. Thousands and thousands of posts worth of madness. I have missed some excellent roleplaying. I'll drop a post here in the next few days... I'm going to start with either Aetheas or Salem (as they're the easiest and most natural characters for me to write and I'm probably hella rusty), so as soon as I figure out where the hell they've been and what's going on, they'll be back. Criminy, catching up in this bar is a lot of work :P

It's been a rough few years for me. Haven't had the consistent energy and motivation to RP. But I've missed it. And I've missed each of you. Don't let me stay away this long again.

And yeah, gh, get better soon. Sleep too much. It helps. Looking forward to an RP with you ^_^

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5399 on: January 19, 2017, 04:38:25 PM »
Holy crap, Lumy's coming back to the bar? This is gonna be awesome ^.^

And thanks, guys :) Feeling a lot better today than I was yesterday. Not vomiting my friggin' guts out at least :P Will probably try to get a post in either today or tomorrow. Got a bit of catching up to do, myself