Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 224162 times)

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #450 on: December 12, 2010, 07:56:00 PM »
@Scinlao
John walked into the room where Bear and Vogefak were and asked what was going on.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #451 on: December 12, 2010, 08:42:54 PM »
This is so exciting!  :D

And I hope Myitt gets back soon. I'm not sure what to do about Corliss....

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #452 on: December 12, 2010, 08:48:35 PM »
Yes, I put that Corliss had fired when I originally posted the third time.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #453 on: December 12, 2010, 08:54:05 PM »
I have shot at Corliss, and a few others too, since your shot. I figured you'd gone offline...

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #454 on: December 12, 2010, 09:05:22 PM »
Bear, please keep in mind that having an eight-foot wall of energy, which is "avoidable" but realistically unavoidable, is a form of powergaming.  I think since we've all responded to it that we'll let it slide this one time, but please everyone, remember: An unavoidable, super-powerful force with no realistic way of avoiding it is just the same as saying a shot hits without giving a chance to dodge.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #455 on: December 12, 2010, 09:12:49 PM »
Oh... I didn't see it that way. I'm sorry if I really didn't leave any room open for y'all to choose, but they would have fired in that situation. I guess I could have had the guns not set so wide or something and say they hadn't had enough time to adjust them before firing. I'll try to watch out for that better. Thanks for the reminder, Myitt.

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #456 on: December 12, 2010, 09:16:13 PM »
Thanks for understanding, Bear!  Just try to think about the whole scene in your head, like it's a movie scene or something.  Is there any way a shot can really be avoided?  If not, it's just the same as saying it hits. 

Also be careful when dictating what kind of wounds a shot will inflict.  As you can see, that's also up to the other writers :)  Saying something like the shot isn't very forceful is fine, but saying it will only cause a few bruises...how can anyone but the other authors know that?

Just a few tips.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #457 on: December 12, 2010, 09:21:48 PM »
Also be careful when dictating what kind of wounds a shot will inflict.  As you can see, that's also up to the other writers Smiley  Saying something like the shot isn't very forceful is fine, but saying it will only cause a few bruises...how can anyone but the other authors know that?
Definitely. I wasn't trying to dictate what kind of injuries the other characters would/should recieve, but I can see how it looks that way. I was trying to say that Carson figured on that being the only injury anyone would get. If he'd thought there was a good chance of something worse, he might have held back. "Only bruising" was his assumption.

I still need to find a way to shed a couple characters... maybe they could help Morgan with his ship? I realized that I have an unfair advantage in that sense, too.

On a different note... I might have to go soon. If my brother gets home soon enough, we might get to go see Dawn Treader tonight!  :clap:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 09:23:58 PM by Santa Bear »

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #458 on: December 12, 2010, 09:27:10 PM »
Yes, trimming your characters down will definitely help. 

Have fun tonight! ;D

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #459 on: December 12, 2010, 09:32:23 PM »
Thanks. My guys need some way off this rock, so I'll probably have some of them go try to build one from the junk yard or work with Morgan, if he'd let them. That way, I could have just one (or maybe two....) characters actually interacting at a time, and even switch out if needed. Once I figure out what to do with them, I promise not to gang up on y'all again.  ;D

Post Merged: December 12, 2010, 09:37:13 PM
I'm starting to not like the bartender. I'd yell at him, but it wouldn't do any good.  ::)

And Aluminator and any one else who hasn't been online for all of this action is going to have a lot of catching up to do!

« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 09:37:13 PM by Santa Bear »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #460 on: December 12, 2010, 09:38:45 PM »
Back when I first thought up Temrash, when the series was still going, I thought of having him show slightly suicidal tendencies. Kevlin may be aware of this, though he may or may not talk about it much.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #461 on: December 12, 2010, 09:40:15 PM »
The bartender doesn't live to serve anyone, he's just...a part of this place ;D  I also like to think of him as having a very limited understanding of the world, beyond making food and drinks.  Like an automaton, or a shell in the form of a human.

Take whatever interpretation you want :P

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #462 on: December 12, 2010, 09:41:27 PM »
That works for me. He'd probably just go back to cleaning his dishes or wiping the counter, even if I punched him in the face. I'm sure he's undestroyable, too, like the bar.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #463 on: December 12, 2010, 09:43:34 PM »
I personally love the bartender. :P

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #464 on: December 12, 2010, 09:47:05 PM »
Goooooood gravy. Remind me not to be away from the Space Bar when you all decide exciting things are happening...

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story