Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 223881 times)

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #2010 on: April 15, 2011, 12:06:20 PM »
Oh, I thought it was a dump or something... :P
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2011 on: April 15, 2011, 12:09:33 PM »
I think the reason it has all those broken down ships and stuff is because it is or was a kind of parking lot. The ships were left, and might have been taken apart by various people, so now it's a scrap/junkyard. I may be wrong, though.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Nero's Fury

• "Soldier's of Vengence unite!"
  • Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #2012 on: April 15, 2011, 11:23:03 PM »
INTRODUCING ANOTHER CHARACTER:

Ok so some of you will know of my character Miteca, whom from his dimension was Earths protector. And as I was going through reading the RP a little, I noticed not many people really trully were just evil. As a matter of fact, im sure I did not see one...maybe i missed him/her but either way i decided to bring in a villain.

His name is Diteca (die-tech-uh). He is an alternate reality Miteca, and a genetic experiment gone wrong, or one that worked to well. He was made to be mankinds protector from all things evil, but during his creation something went wrong. Instead of getting his power from a lightning bolt, Diteca got his from the start. And as he was slowly raised, his steel hard skin and immense speed and strength made him hard to control. But in his eyes his creators were attacking him, so he slaughtered them all. He then went on to be the earths protector, but by destroying anyone whom did not obey him. He has long flowing scarlet red hair, and completely steel like eyes

Post Merged: April 15, 2011, 11:24:33 PM
. He is pretty strong, fast, and intelligent. He outdoes his counter part in strength and intelligence, but Miteca has the greater speed.

Diteca, when created, was more or less made to be a super computer ultimate weapon....and he now is...but all in the wrong way...
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #2013 on: April 16, 2011, 01:50:04 AM »
Okay, so uh... Jasper's been kinda zoned out, mostly because I've been busyish lately. :-\
Life happens. And so for now, he's doodling. :P

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #2014 on: April 16, 2011, 04:08:30 AM »
So are you removing Okaru from the RP then Ryno?  At the moment we'd prefer that you keep it to one character at a time.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2015 on: April 16, 2011, 10:35:37 AM »
Ryno....I'm sensing a little disconnect here.

A lot of our characters could be construed as villains, depending on who you talk to. One of my characters has a tendency to murder people in cold blood and another favors the genocide of an entire species. Hell, Mar is basically an incarnation of Satan. But none of these characters look like villains because they are more complex than that.

If you introduce a character that is a "true villain" and just flat out evil, then you have a problem! No one wants to interact with true evil and your character will not be allowed to develop. Additionally, if your character tries to start a fight you're just running into the same problem. The bar has fights from time to time, but that isn't its purpose.

So....be careful, is what I'm saying. Many of the pure evil characters that have appeared in the past disappeared very quickly, because this bar is all about the shades of gray.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #2016 on: April 16, 2011, 10:46:47 AM »
this bar is all about the shades of gray.

Except for the bright white shine every time Illim grins.

Just kidding! XD

No, you're right, Jessi. To me, learning about shades of gray was one of the main lessons of Animorphs. In the first book, we thought the kids and Elfangor were good, Visser Three and the other Yeerks were bad. But then we met some characters who challenged this paradigm. Eventually, even such familiar characters as Visser One and the Animorphs, themselves, challenged it. They trap and abandon David. Jake becomes a mass murderer. Meanwhile, the Yeerk Peace Movement challenges all misconceptions of the parasitic aliens. No one is evil or good. Everyone is just motivated by some kind of goal, belief, idea, or disorder to act a particular way.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2017 on: April 16, 2011, 11:00:24 AM »
Okay, first bit: what should natively be behind Mar is more of a...well a huge black pulsating void. Kind of the absence of any aura rather than an aura. Or maybe a very poisonous one. But since there's no way you could possibly know that and I've been gone a day or so, I'll let you off.  ;D

And....yeah. The thing is: the Bar is a weird place, surrounded in shades of gray. If the character is evil (and some of the Bar members could be seen that way), his/her motives are just as complex as any "good guy." Very few people are evil for evil's sake: most are simply extremely jaded, bitter individuals. Hence why Mar is a terrible person, yet has friends in the Bar and his own convoluted reasoning for his actions. It's often far more fun to play someone who's biased than someone who isn't. XDD

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2018 on: April 20, 2011, 04:21:38 PM »
I'm assuming that according to tradition, Terenia, when you use <<these brackets>> you are using private thought-speak?

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #2019 on: April 20, 2011, 04:24:50 PM »
Double brackets can either indicate private thought speak, or they can indicate internal communication between a Yeerk and its host. I'll let Jessi say whether Terenia was using thought speak or Yeerk communication. In my post here, though, for instance, Illim is just using his natural ability to speak with his host.

Maybe we should come up with a different punctuation system to differentiate them. Thoughts, folks?
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2020 on: April 20, 2011, 04:31:41 PM »
Hmm...there's definitely a lot of possibilities.

~Tilde?~
{These Brackets?}
|Bars?|
[These Brackets?]
{{Double...}} [[...Brackets?]]
||Double Bars?||

Just putting some ideas out there. :P

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2021 on: April 20, 2011, 04:41:29 PM »
Maybe just italics? In general, italics has long been indicative of inner thoughts. We could just use italics for whenever someone thinks to themself, and assume thta hosts and Yeerks can hear that unless stated otherwise.

Or you know, just make it clear by typing things like <insert line> Derrel said to Illim.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #2022 on: April 20, 2011, 04:43:17 PM »
The only problem is that hosts can't always hear what their Yeerks are thinking. That's why I distinguish between Illim's thoughts and <<communication with Derrel.>>

Spelling it out in the sentence works, though!

Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2023 on: April 20, 2011, 05:52:37 PM »
Terenia is using her natural ability to speak to Mike. She was using private thought-speak when she spoke to Corliss.

I try to indicate within the narrative if she is using private thought-speak. If she's talking to her host, assume she is using her Yeerkish abilities. Anyone else, she's using thought-speak.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Nero's Fury

• "Soldier's of Vengence unite!"
  • Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #2024 on: April 21, 2011, 01:32:15 PM »
To everyone who made a comment about my new character Diteca:

What i had meant was, as already stated, that many of the evil characters were never able to keep active. And those that did/are still going, seem to be evil, but not the image you would think of when you hear pure evil. What I want for Diteca now, is him to stay pure evil but then to slowly help him elaborate and become more in depth. Ex. helping him find emotions etc.
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]