Author Topic: M.C.C.F.  (Read 8427 times)

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Re: M.C.C.F.
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2010, 02:39:36 AM »
<I'm glad to hear it. Well, I'm off! I'll tell you what I see.>

I hopped lightly off my perch and coasted up the hallway. I could hear electrical noises but no screams or animal sounds.

<Norm, you there?>
<-nch! St- -re y- -re.>
<Stay where we are?>
<-sss. HOODS ON!>

- time seemed to pause...

...reality shivered...

...a wall of the building suddenly

gone? -

I tumbled backward in the air as a blast of heat created too much turbulence for me to sustain lift. Something massive was forcing its way into the building.

The steel beams overhead were buckling, and it looked like they were melting, but... the air wasn't hot enough for that....

A Hork-Bajir ran by us, covering his ears. I could see blood seeping from under his hands.

Oh. This was the Howl....

- all of this happened in less than four seconds -

<SHAUNCOBRARUNRUNRUN!!> I pinwheeled and flew back toward them as fast as my tiny yellow wings could move me in the shifting hot air.
<MAKE A DOOR!>

We. Needed. To. Get. OUT.

Now.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2010, 02:59:42 AM »
I took Finch's weapon and made a door in the nearest wall the blast knocked me off my feet. "Cobra got get out i'm going to go look for Finch then we will meet you outside." I started to morph into my gorilla just encase anything bad decided to happen the first thing to change was my size i grew and then fur grew across my body after about a minute the morph was complete. I remembered to get Finch's weapon and went to look for her, what i found was not a pretty sight people were laying on the floor screaming in pain from the howl. I saw Galla Hamee running with the other two contacts and told them how to get out and continued my search. <Finch where are you i'm in gorilla morph and helped our contacts to escape and hopefully Cobra.>
Marco: Now do you see why it's crazy to think we can beat the Yeerks? I mean, come on: We can barely beat zoo security.

Tobias: (now stuck as a hawk) They'll come. The Andalites will come. And until then...
Jake: (nods and wipes tears) Yeah. Until then, we fight.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2010, 03:12:11 AM »
<Up here; don't worry about me. Just getouttahere!>

I dove for the door and begged the universe not to throw anything too nasty at us when we got outside.

((Going to bed now, guys. Seeya'!))
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2010, 03:21:31 AM »
I ran as fast as my gorilla body would let me and hoped that no Howlers were around. I got lucky and made it back with no problem and i went out using the door i made.
Marco: Now do you see why it's crazy to think we can beat the Yeerks? I mean, come on: We can barely beat zoo security.

Tobias: (now stuck as a hawk) They'll come. The Andalites will come. And until then...

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2010, 04:02:16 PM »
I had slipped my hood over my ears just in time to stop the Howl. It still hurt but not as bad as it would of without the coverings. I ran towards to door to the hall. "Follow me!" I reached the hall and it collapsed in front of me. I looked for a way out and spotted a air vent. I tore off the grate and began morphing rattlesnake. <Morph small! Its the only way to get out of here!> I finished morphing and slithered into the air ducts.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2010, 05:37:11 PM »
Just as I neared the door, a section of the roof fell into it, blocking my escape.  I flared my wings and veered sharply up into the opening Cobra had made to the air duct.

<Shaun isn't going to have enough time to demorph and get up here; I don't even know if the Andalites provided small morphs for him.>

I called down.

<Shaun! If you can move the concrete in the way, you might still be able to get out.  Cobra and I are in the air vents above you. I don't know what is outside, or if anybody else escaped. Be careful!>

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2010, 06:52:47 PM »
<Just great. I can't help him any more. We had better go on and meet him outside. I slithered my way through the air ducts until I came to an outside grate. Then I realized I couldn't open it in morph. <How are we going to get this open?>
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2010, 09:12:01 PM »
I looked for a way to escape this area I knew that my morph was powerful but I couldn't fight all the Howlers by myself.<Cobra, Finch i'm trying to find a way out but people are falling left and right.> I looked for an exit and just as I turned around my leg was hit with a strong blast that knocked me to the floor. I rolled into another room and closed the door, I found some bandages and wrapped up my leg. I looked for an exit and decided I'd make one so I took the desk and threw it at the wall and it cracked I needed more power so I found a dracon weapon on the floor and blasted a hole in the wall. I ran to the spot where Cobra and Finch said they were I then ripped the vent off the wall and started to demorph. "Sorry it took so long guys I couldn't find a way out."

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2010, 09:23:02 PM »
<Don't worry about it right now; let's just get far enough away from the base to get our bearings. At this point, I've had no contact from Norm. I'm going to assume either he's dead, or the comm center has been destroyed. In the mean time, I'm going to go up and take a look around.  If you have the energy after two morphs, Shaun, you might want to become something with wings....  Just a suggestion.>

I darted out into the open air outside the berm into which the base had been constructed.  A blast of hot, dry air shook me again, but I managed to keep enough air speed to stay aloft.  The little bird was plenty maneuverable, but he wasn't built for hot air or to gain much altitude; it was all I could do to climb and stay up without the air turbulence forcing me to stall out.

After a minute or two of ascension, I managed to get a better look at the base and the jagged terrain around us.  A sinister-looking dark greenish-grey ship was hovering maybe a quarter mile away from the base, and two Howlers stood under it.  There had to be at least two more... one to operate the weapons that had wrecked the base from the ship, and the one who was inside the base and howling.

This wasn't good.
If we were going to survive to see the next sunrise, we had two options now:

1. run away and hope backup arrives on base so we don't have to do the mission. Unlikely, but possible.

2. Team up; take down the Howlers one at a time. There was no way imaginable for just the three of us to defeat them if they managed to regroup.

This was bad. I called down to the 'team', as I was just starting to think of them.

<Guys, there are at least four Howlers out here. Two are visible right now, and I'm sure one is still in the base.  We need to get some cover before we try to do anything else, I think. I can see a cave from here; it won't be easy for them to sight from their ship. I'm going that way now.>

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2010, 09:31:45 PM »
I slithered out and demorphed. I remorphed peregrine falcon and took off after Finch. <I think we can take them. One at a time though and we can't rely on help.>
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2010, 09:40:06 PM »
I morphed to red-tailed hawk and flew up to meet them <so what's the plan?>

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2010, 09:51:17 PM »
((Hey, guys, I luff you bunchez and all... but if I am going to be the only plot-driving, paragraph-writing force in this entire game, things are going to get old and slow very fast.  It isn't going to hurt my feelings if somebody else takes the plot-reins every once in awhile. I welcome it. Thanks!))

<Well, first let's think about what kind of firepower we have.  I can morph polar bear, but aside from that and beam-type weapons, all I have going for me is the ability to either hide or make a lot of noise. I don't think that's going to help us much, unless we manage to trick one of them into chasing me, or something. Oh!>

A delicious thought had occurred to me.
Howlers are built to fight...
...not to climb slippery surfaces...

...and we had access to a lot of sand...

...and a lot of laser-accurate sources of heat.

<Do either of you have experience building pitfall traps...?>

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2010, 10:15:03 PM »
<Some. I think I get where you're going with this. We use lasers to make a glass pitfall and then lure the Howlers into it.> I thought about how to best go about this. It was going to be hard to hide it from them. <We're going to need bait. I'll volunteer for that. I believe I have the fastest bird morph.> I began to demorph. When I was finished I drew my dracon. "We can place the trap right there in between us and the base. Let's go." I started out towards the point I had mentioned.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2010, 10:48:53 PM »
<Okay, here's what I'm thinking: remember that big hunk of concrete that blocked the door? I bet a bear and a gorilla working together could move it quite a distance quickly... so we Dracon the sand around the mouth of the cave I saw; it's a naturally very steep funnel-shape leading into a kind of ravine where the cave itself is... we move the slab of concrete next to the cave... think "trap-door spider," maybe?>

I did a visual comparison in my head... yeah, that concrete might be just big enough to cover the opening of the cave from above. It wouldn't keep the Howlers in permanently, but by the time they got out, there would be no way back up the sand funnel, and we would have time to carve it even steeper if we wanted.

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2010, 10:55:48 PM »
"Sorry I can't help. My biggest morph is either the anaconda or Komodo dragon." Cobra is really at a loss at what to do. "If we survive this I'm taking a trip to the zoo to get some muscle morphs."
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!