Author Topic: How about a Full Cast Dramatization of the Animorphs books?  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Yorick Brown

Rather than letting one person read the book like most audiobooks, we have several fans reading each character and we insert sound effects (ex.a  tiger's roar) throughout the sound play.

For example, let's use The Invasion. Guy #1 can play Jake and say "My name is Jake..." blah, blah, blah. But rather than Guy #1 reading the part of Marco and Rachel and whatever, we get different voices for them whenever they have any dialouge. The narration and Jake's dialouge only has to be done by Guy #1. And we get occassional sound effects like hearing Jake's dog Homer barking and Tobias' cat Dude meowing.

What do you think?
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline SuperBlue

• God
Re: How about a Full Cast Dramatization of the Animorphs books?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 07:14:17 PM »
You might wanna put this thread here:

http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php?board=15.0
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 07:15:47 PM »
Rather than letting one person read the book like most audiobooks, we have several fans reading each character and we insert sound effects (ex.a  tiger's roar) throughout the sound play.

For example, let's use The Invasion. Guy #1 can play Jake and say "My name is Jake..." blah, blah, blah. But rather than Guy #1 reading the part of Marco and Rachel and whatever, we get different voices for them whenever they have any dialouge. The narration and Jake's dialouge only has to be done by Guy #1. And we get occassional sound effects like hearing Jake's dog Homer barking and Tobias' cat Dude meowing.

What do you think?
that's exactly the same as the audiobooks we're doing...

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 07:26:05 PM »

What do you think?
that's exactly the same as the audiobooks we're doing...

Yep
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Tyler

• Evil Kit Clown from Space
  • God
  • I'll kill you all!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 08:23:50 PM »

What do you think?
I hate it when I think I have an original thought, and then find out that it's already been done, so I simpathise with thee. :(
I am eternal. I am the Eater of Worlds.

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 11:58:05 PM »
Haha, us doing that is probably what's making it take so long. XD But I think it's better, though. Audio books where the narator reads all the dialogue is kind of annoying.
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
    • Ken/UMP's YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 12:03:22 AM »
Haha, us doing that is probably what's making it take so long. XD But I think it's better, though. Audio books where the narator reads all the dialogue is kind of annoying.

Haha, yeah...Everyone's all over the place...
There's a method to my madness, I just haven't figured it out yet.