Author Topic: The Eing Letters  (Read 2263 times)

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
The Eing Letters
« on: July 22, 2010, 12:45:24 AM »
A new fiction I'm working on, but on a whole new writing style for me, hope you like it!

WARNING! YOU IN VIOLATION SCSC SECURITY REGULATION 56486-A3 CONCERNING THE PRIVACY OF OFFICERS AND ENLISTED SOLDIERS. THE PROPER AUTHORITIES HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED AND YOU SHALL CEASE AND DESIST ALL ACTIONS. VIOLATION OF REGULATION 56485-A3 IS A CRIMINAL ACT PUNISHABLE BY TEN YEARS IN A PROPER CORRECTIONA FACILITY OR-

>>>PROCESSING DATA<<<

>>>AUTHENTICATING IDENTIY<<<

>>>PASSWORD REQUIRED :<<<

PASSWORD ACCEPTED HIGHER 9 JAIMS DOSH; PLEASE PRESS ENTER TO CONTINUE…

SEARCH REQUEST: RECENT COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN COUNCILOR 2 DAAL AND FLEETHEADJAMAS [CLASSIFIED]

SEARCH SUCCESFUL, LOADING RECENT COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN INTERMEDIATE 2 DA-

WARNING! WARNING! PASSCODE REQUIRED, FAILURE TO COMPLY WITHIN TEN SECONDS WILL RESULT IN-

>>>PROCESSING DATA<<<

>>>BYPASS ACCEPTED, SECURITY DEACTIVATED<<<

FILES LOADED, OPENING FILES:

/start file/

To Fleethead Jamas,

From Councilor 2, head of Xenological diplomacy

Dear Jamas,

The whole Council is buzzing with the news you sent us on the Eing. It is truly splendid to discover another sentient species in this vast universe we live in, especially one of such advanced technology isn’t it old friend? We live in an age of discovery my friend, a period of time that has been blessed with such an abundance of life. We have been likewise doubly blessed by the simple peacefulness of now that they have all exhibited towards us! Even though Casanaly was initially hostile, even they have agreed to the peace treaty and we have had not a single bullet from them for the past two months!

I eagerly wish to meet the ‘Sana’ of the Eings, the sooner the better so that we can start peaceful negotiations, the boundaries of their Coalition, setting up more friendly ties, and all sorts of delightful aspects that come with my diplomatic position. However before I can get into communications with them, I would like to ask a few questions of you, questions I’m sure that you would be delighted to answer.

To start off, I’d like to inquire on their technology? Your letter said that they very efficient faster-than-light capabilities and a very secure fleet with decent weaponry. Could you perhaps elaborate a bit? Are their ships faster than ours at FTL speeds? If so, perhaps we could set some trading business which would be wonderful, I do love a chance to share our confederations miracles with others. Also, how are they as a people? I doubt you picked up much on the personality of an entire race from a single meeting with a cruise ship and I’ll find out more myself when I go there, but was the captain friendly? Those who communicated with you, were they kind, courteous, etc? Please indulge me; I’d hate to have to deal with a race like the Casanalans or the Ticki-Tickalie again. (Remember Casanaly Jamas? Half the bloody fleet parked over that planet of highest alert over a whole taj week!)

And one more thing, what is your overall opinion on the meeting? What opinion did you get from the Eing? Please tell me my
friend, and tell me soon!

Until then, sincerely yours,

Councilor 2, Shasta

To Councilor 2 Shasta,

From Fleethead Jamas

Dear Councilor, how are you my old friend?

It’s been quite a while since I’ve heard from you, last I heard of you was when you got elected into office! Even though it was years ago, I am surely convinced that a better man could never have existed in the entire confederation, well done again my friend, well done!

Now, onto the more business part of this letter, the Eing race. As my Council report stated, on the nineday of the month Refar at 1343 hours, my vessel the Salinka came across an alien vessel which, after translation of course, was titled the Bounty of Pleasures. We initiated contact with the crafts Shiphead who answered promptly. During the following exchange of information, the ship identified itself as a leisure vessel, a cruise ship belonging to an alien race called the Eing.
We exchanged some brief pleasantries, and gave one another some information about each other’s points of origin. Who the other was, where they were from, that sort. He promised to inform his homeworld’s Heads of the incident while I promised the same, and then departed. I composed my report, sent it to the Council and I’m now being praised by everyone for my actions. Of course now the media is all over me, and I’ve had to get a form allowing me to order guards to fire stunners at those taj paparazzi!

So while there’s a chance that we two species could be at peace one day, I doubt I’ll be at peace for until the end of days. I suppose it’s a fair trade off though, what do you say? My personal peace sacrificed for the sake of galactic peace? What do you say old friend?

As for your questions on the Eing, I’ll give you what I gleamed from our quick encounter. While I communed with the Eing Shiphead, my crew made a quick scan on their ship without their knowing. It was quick, efficient, and gave us some good data on their technology, though I doubt that please craft was an example of modern, state-of-the art technology.
The scan was startling for sure, though I don’t believe it to be alarming. Their FTL engines are fueled through some form of sub-atomic breakdown of which I do not and will not ever understand or even try to understand. This system is, according to our science head, much more advanced than our own particle-drives. According to the science head, their vessels have the capability to move at ten light years every day, one third faster than our own vessels can.

The Shiphead was a delightful person, very generous and always smiling, (Or I at least think it was a smile) and willing to answer out questions. This of course, may have been a bluff or a disguise, and act of sorts to appear as a positive race as we were a warship and they were only a luxury liner. If it was sincere and genuine, I would call them a very welcome, open race, far better than the Ticki-Tickalie.

And as for my personal, overall opinion on the whole encounter? Well, I don’t trust them, not yet. My hard trust is a trait which has kept me alive many times, and I have no intents on ditching it now after so much faithful service. After only one meeting with the Shiphead of a single cruise ship, observing their advanced technology, I currently consider them an outwardly friendly race, but that could be a disguise.

It has been delightful to read from you again Shasta, and I hope that you;ll find some time out of the flow of work to come, to write to me.

Until then old friend, sincerely yours,

Jamas.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 12:46:12 PM by Gumby »
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw