Author Topic: K.A Applegate and Michael Grant want videos from you!  (Read 11269 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: K.A Applegate and Michael Grant want videos from you!
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 06:44:02 PM »
If it helps I can have little jack tape a pic with a book. He can't read yet and care barely write, but he loves Animorphs as much as a 5 year old possibly can. Maybe PM some people who could throw in a photo, ya know?

That's a great idea, Patty. It'll help show that youngin's are showing interest!

I also think it's important to show some of our younger members in the video, say the 14 and under crowd. They're closest to the age group Scholastic will be marketing to and the company will want to know that kids of that age are willing and eager to read a decade plus old series.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 06:46:41 PM »
When do we need to have these vids in? If I can get my laptop fixed soon I could do a TAS styled video or somethin :P TAS was inspired by RAF which is an Animorphs forum after all :P
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 07:11:59 PM »
Good idea blue,but it seems that they're more looking for images of actual fans...

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2010, 07:51:55 PM »
Good idea blue,but it seems that they're more looking for images of actual fans...

yeah, i'd have to agree with jess (though your TAS is still awesome ;))
i'm going to get my picture in REAL soon. not sure about a video. i'll have to wait and see.

Offline Alex Oiknine

• Gold Donor
  • I'm moving on, I'm moving on...
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~alexoiknine
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2010, 08:00:04 PM »
Man, if only I had any skill whatsoever.
http://www.fanfiction.net/~alexoiknine
http://alexoiknine.com
http://aximili.dreamwidth.org

The One (Completed)
The Rescue (Completed)
The Rendezvous (In Progress)

Offline 11:11

• I always catch the clock, it's 11:11...
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2010, 08:19:49 PM »
Too bad I'm way too self-conscious of myself to get the guts and do this -_-

*disappointed in self*
And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.

Alic

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2010, 08:28:08 PM »
when jack comes home tomorrow i'll show him books available and let him take his pick.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2010, 12:43:18 PM »

yeah, i'd have to agree with jess (though your TAS is still awesome ;))
i'm going to get my picture in REAL soon. not sure about a video. i'll have to wait and see.

Maybe, but it'd be cool to have another kind of video. Made by a fan who love Animorphs... I think it's OK ^^ Blue, try!

About the video of One RAFian One Volume:
I'll make various videos with the pics, when we'll have them all. One for them (to promote Animorphs only), and one to promote RAF (so with the address of the forum, and all that stuff). I'll begin by the 1st, of course.
And I had an idea, yesterday, for this project. The pictures are for the video, but we'd need audio too. So, what about everybody read one or 2 lines of the volume you post? For example, the person who makes a pic of him/herself with the volume #3 choose a sentence or 2 short sentences of volume #3 to read, sentence(s) that (s)he particularly like in the volume. It can be humor or tragedy, beautiful sentence who shows the mind of the series, etc.
If you don't like this idea, so just say something about Animorphs, why you like it, when you first read it, etc.
(In fact, it'd be better if you do both, and then we'll choose which one is the best, I'll make 2 videos with both of the audios, ok?)
If you can't register your voice, jut write what you wanna say, and I'll add it to the video. I'll probably add a little music so it won't be no-sound during your picture, don't worry ^^ And Patty, I'd be glad to see a pic of Jack with a volume and/or a text he writes. ^^
You can send everything to my email address (in my profile) or by PM. Thanks ^^
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 01:29:55 PM by Dameg »
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2010, 01:01:42 PM »
Good idea, Dameg.

I was thinking that people could say something along the lines of, "My name is _________ and I started reading Animorphs in __(year)__ when I was ________ years old." and then a short bit about how Animorphs has impacted them. That audio could be up while that persons picture is on-screen. Or, it could only be the one line and it could be a quicker montage of pictures followed by a compilation of the videos people have created, talking in more detail about the effect Animorphs has had on them.

I imagine Scholastic won't want anything insanely long, as AppleGrant is only presenting this as a short video to show Animorphs impact.

Really, any of your suggestions will work too, Dameg. I feel like if at least the first part of it is scripted it'll add cohesiveness though.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2010, 01:29:34 PM »
I want to put the audio when the face appear (your first idea). The pictures alone would be a little sad, and videos after would make the video too long. I'd like to make it 10 min long. Not more. So it has to be short.
PS: See my messages on the project thread too...

But if we decide to send only the video where we read the sentences from the books, we could also make another video where we talk about Animorphs, made from various short videos. After all, we can send various videos, and they'll choose the ones they prefer ^^

PS: We still need 33 more RAFians for the pics! Don't be shy, we really need you!!
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum

Offline applegate/grant

• Animorphs Author
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2010, 01:49:44 PM »
Hi, Guys:

We really appreciate the response!  Thanks for considering this. 

However, we need individual and unedited video, not a group thing.  We need to be able to intersperse fan video with other stuff and once you guys assemble it into a single piece we won't be able to edit it.  We will be far more likely to be able to use the videos if we can edit them. 

Thanks!
KA and MG

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2010, 02:54:19 PM »
Oh, OK then... We'll keep the group videos for Youtube...
Anyway, I hope you'll watch it ;)
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum

Offline Kelly

• Gold Donor
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2010, 06:04:25 PM »
I think I'm going to make one :) I'm still picking up my old Animorphs books and reading them.
"I always considered myself a loner. I mean, not like a poor-me, Byron-esque, I-should-have-broughta-swimming-buddy loner. I mean the sort of person who doesn’t feel too upset about the prospect of a weekend spent seeing no one, and reading good books on the couch. It wasn’t like I was a people hater or anything. I enjoyed activities and the company of friends. But they were a side dish. I always thought I would also be happy without them."

- Harry Dresden/Jim Butcher, Ghost Story.

Offline donut

• Xtreme Member
  • Don't Blink
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2010, 03:54:58 AM »
I know they're looking for unedited video, but if they're adding background music, they might look at the track list we've been putting together for the books for ideas.

I have to agree with not mentioning RAF, one it could be bad for RAF, considering the ebooks on here.  I know there was some discussion about taking them down on our own now that the books are being rereleased, but I'd like it to be our decision, or I guess Richard's, rather than a legal obligation.
two, the video's going to scholastic, so I don't think it would do any good to promote RAF, since scholastic's probably the only people seeing it.
three, they're looking for people's response to the animorphs and what animorphs has meant to them, I don't think it would be, um...proper(?) to try to push RAF on them

other than that I think it's great that they're rereleasing them, it'd give them a chance to fix inconsistancies, and to get new people into the series.  Looking back, I think animorphs was the first thing that got me thinking outside the terms good guy/bad guy

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 11:10:54 AM »
I agree, donut. We're promoting an Animorphs re-release here, not RAF. Scholastic doesn't care about us as a forum, they care about us as individual fans that can be marketed to. It's all about the moolah.