Author Topic: The Animorph cover models  (Read 11029 times)

Offline CounterInstinct

Re: The Animorph cover models
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2008, 05:47:41 AM »
Cool signature! See, the Animorphs look best in the MM3...! Except for Tobias though... I think the Tobias there is a bit "macho" for the once gentle Tobias....
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline mrlarry

• The original and the best
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2008, 06:47:06 AM »
I think the best Rachel was the one on the cover of mm4/48/54. I don't know about you guys, but the others weren't pretty enough, and I think that Rachel was really pretty (but hey, that's just me

Jake: I dunno, he never looked tough enough for me, too pretty
Marco: Same again, not really how I pictured him. But if I had to pick one, I'd say the original from #5; the boy is at least smiling
Cassie: Pretty much right, probably coulda been a little prettier
Tobias: 13. I probably woulda looked for someone who had hair different to Jake, but I think the face is right
Ax: Ellimist chronicles. Yes it was a painting-type picture, but it looked like a painting of a real creature, not some cheap 80s sci-fi thing.

MrLarry & Estrid FTW
Matt and Kat lulz

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2008, 06:50:44 PM »
hmmm... now that you mention it.... MM4 Rachel looked reaally cute...  :P
I mean compared to the other Rachels, she looked prettier.
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Toby

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2008, 06:52:09 PM »
My favourite Rachels are #32 (perfect smug-face) and #54 (almost angelic).

yeah, I agree.

Offline musicman88

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2008, 06:56:27 PM »
I thought the first book they appeared in (book 1, book 2, book 3, book 4, and book 5) were the best.

This.
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2008, 03:56:56 AM »
My favourite Rachels are #32 (perfect smug-face) and #54 (almost angelic).

yeah, I agree.

heh, I didnt like Rachel on the 54 cover, her hair was brown! that just ruined the whole look
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2008, 10:44:32 AM »
It wasn't brown, it just had darker lowlights.
Then again, maybe Australian folk that spend a LOT of time in the sun would have a different definition of brown.
Jake from #1 has brown hair, by the American definition. Tobias' #3 hair was 'mousy brown' or 'dishwater blonde', because it is more like a blonde person's hair would look if he'd gotten it wet and went rolling through dirt.

Blonde is anything that has highlights that are lighter than Tobias' #3 hair, pretty much. Even if she had BLACK lowlights, she'd still be considered blonde.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline EscafilDevice

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2008, 05:36:42 PM »
I thought Marco looked silly in every cover except MM4. I always pictured him with longer hair anyway.

Cassie looked fine, obviously. Jake looked great, but I liked the way he looked in #53 the best. Seemed the most like him.

Rachel looked the most like Rachel in #22 and MM4. I know she cuts her hair on the Iskoort homeworld in #26, but don't you think it would've grown back by then? She looked the best in MM4 but probably should've had longer hair.

Tobias was just a wreck. I think he looked the best in MM4, but the model looked silly in the other books he did. He looked too young, and Tobias was much older by that point in the series. I also always pictured Tobias with longer hair that wasn't that blonde, anyway.

I think they hit Ax dead-on in #8, however. He looked just as goofy as I had pictured him - mainly his expression.

Really, though. MM4 is like the masterpiece of Animorphs' covers. With the exception of Marco's morph mix-up, it was perfect.

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2008, 02:24:27 PM »
These were the best representations of how the Animorphs looked like. Jake and Rachel and Cassie had the best covers.

-Jake: #11 The Forgotten
-Rachel: #42 The Journey
-Tobias: #13 The Change
-Cassie: #48 The Hidden
-Marco: #45 The Revelation
-Ax: #8 The Alien
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2011, 06:35:40 PM »
first, i really dislike all the new models (no offence ut i'm too used to the old ones)

Jake-#11
Rachel-#2 or #32
Marco-#10
Ax-#8
Tobias-#23
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline SkyMorpher

• Fly high, seek peace, God bless (Formerly Animel23
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2011, 09:57:14 PM »
I'm having a hard time getting used to the new ones too.

I have to go look again before I put any votes in on the old ones. I'll edit this when I figure it out.