Author Topic: Fan-made Alternate ending + questions it raises  (Read 2599 times)

Johnny Xtreme

Fan-made Alternate ending + questions it raises
« on: February 25, 2010, 10:56:26 AM »
ATTENTION: Here is a true ending for the Animorphs series that ALL fans will appreciate. This ENTIRE series NEVER actually happened. I repeat this ENTIRE series NEVER actually happened. The Animorphs series, every single book is a POSSIBLE future.

Let me explain.

We all know of the Andalite Seerow and of course Seerow's Kindness. He gave interstellar travel to the Yeerks which allowed them to leave their homeworld and travel the stars. They immediatly started infesting other races like the Taxxons, and Hork-Bajir then finally humans.

We also know of the Ellimist who are very powerful and can alter space and time, but do not interfere unless intelligent life is threatned. Now that the facts are stated here's my ending.

Right before they enter the Blade ship (FADE OUT). The Ellimist and Seerow are standing on the Yeerk homeworld. The Ellimist turns to look at Seerow and says to him "What you saw is what will transpire if you give the Yeerks the power to travel the stars. You will be responsible for the death and enslavement of COUNTLESS intelligent beings."

Seerow has a look of absolute horror on his face. He replies <I did not posses the knowledge of the consequences of my actions. If I had I would not have made that decision. I would not have given the Yeerks the technology.>

The Ellimist fixed Seerow with an intense stare and replied "You now posses that knowledge. You may still give the Yeerks the technology OR leave this planet and never return."

"What is your decision?"

For Seerow, there was no choice involved.

THE END

That is how Applegate should have ended it. No cliff-hangers, but a perfect unexpected twist that wil make jaws hit the floor. The idea actually popped into my head and I haven't even finished the series. I don't actually know 100% how the series ended, but I've read enough to get the gist and I think my ending is better.

If you agree or disagree with my ending please let me know. I want it to be judged.

What if?

Ask youself the HUGE question. A question NEVER asked. A question NEVER answered. A question NEVER discussed or talked about till now.

What if there was no Seerow's Kindness?

All future posts feel free to ask questions this ending raises or answer previous ones. This WOULD change the timeline so be very liberal and imaginative in questions and answers. To start this off right I'll post the first question we address.

What happens to Tobias?

Offline Maze

Re: Fan-made Alternate ending + questions it raises
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 11:07:26 AM »
I absolutely LOVE your ending haha. That would be so freakin sweet if that happened. The only thing that makes me somewhat dislike the idea is that there would be no actual animorphs. Which was probably the idea but I love the fact that the ending would be such a huge twist.

Offline JFalcon

• I need to get out more . . .
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 11:30:02 AM »
Well to begin with I think your proposed ending is very interesting, though saying that all fans will appreciate it seems a bit overambitious . . . then again since I do appreciate it I geuss I'm in no position to talk.

In that case . . . Tobias who? If there were no Seerow's Kindness Elfangor would never have become human. Even if we grant that he would still have gone into the military (no real reason to think otherwise) and met up with the humans and the Skrit-Na had taken the time matrix there would have been no Yeerk Empire to sell it to, no Hork-Bajir war for Alloran to go nuts during, no Taxxon for Arbron to get trapped as, all the things that led to Elfangor deciding he'd had enough of the war would have been different or nonexistant--what am I saying there would have been no war for Elfangor to decide he'd had enough of.

So there would be no Tobias. Not the Tobias we're aware or anyway, if the man Loren was allegedly supposed to end up with had had a son with her and named him Tobias for one it wouldn't genetically speaking be the same Tobias since Tobias's father was Elfangor's morph, a collection of different people thus it's impossible for Loren's unknown dream suitor to be the same man, thus from the start we have a very different Tobias . . . maybe he would have been a girl to boot making any relationship with Rachel drastically different to say the least. All in all I'd say "Tobias? Tobias who?" Because the Tobias of Animorphs would simply not exist, the mission to drop the humans off on earth would have gone on without a hitch and without a disgraced Alloran along for the ride they might not even have gone after the Time Matrix, might have had someone who wanted to send the information up the chain of command instead and not bother themselves with it.

In fact if Arbron was fluent in xeno-datology or whatever only because the council didn't want another Alloran on their hands then he wouldn't have been at all in a universe where Alloran never went mad, and thus might never have seen the information of the Time Matrix and the Skrit-Na might have eventually figured out what it was and used it for their own ends which given the Skrit-Na probably wouldn't have even come across as as major a threat as the Yeerks to the Andalites (since the Andalites wouldn't notice the changes in time) so it could have been years before the Andalites ever realized or cared what was happening and had they tried to stop the Skrit-Na they might have found themselves not existing.

To go one step beyond, Ax might also not exist if the Andalite laws allowed his birth only because of the war, as Elfangor says in TAC. Seerow could have actually taken out two of our heroes just by leaving the Yeerks alone . . . trippy.

I would wonder though, if there had been no Seerow's kindness but still the battle between the Ellimist and Crayak . . . might Crayak have eventually taken steps of his own to help the Yeerks off their home world? Would the Yeerks have been more dangerous if they'd had their own homeworld as a base of operations from the start instead of having to roam until they found the Hork-Bajir world or might they have been more reasonable if they hadn't been at war from the beginning? Could the very military driven Visser/Council of Thirteen system of government have been softer if they hadn't felt threatened?
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"My brain! My brain! Me hurty to think!" ~ Zim, Invader Zim

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 01:43:37 PM »
"PRINCE SEEROW!"

FSSSSSSS

"GET IN".

Seriously though, that's some clever thinking on your part. It makes sense. The Ellimist is technically allowed to interfere at least once (much like in #7, #13, and AC) to warn against what is about to happen, especially when it affects an entire species (and in this case, it's the whole galaxy). However, what's to say that the Ellimist didn't already warn Seerow? Maybe the Ellimist did show Prince Seerow what could happen with his choice, but Seerow, with being naive and willing to hope for the best in a species, went with his original choice anyway?

I don't think K.A ever considered your scene in the first place, but your entire ending rests on Seerow actually taking the Ellimist's warning and not giving the Yeerks Andalite technology. I'd like to think that even if K.A. wrote this particular scene in the book, Seerow would've still stuck to this beliefs and went with his choice anyway.

Besides, now that I think about it, I would've actually been a little disappointed if K.A. ended everything with a 'dream-ending'. It's one of the worst ways to end a story (a major no-no for many writers) because, ultimately, everything the characters would've done or gone through would've passed by without any sort of consequence, making it all pointless for the reader in the end.

I also don't like the fact that the main story would've just ended up as a (really long) 'what-if' story than the actual canon non-existent one. It especially would've been disappointing for Animorphs since it ran for 6 years. I'd say most fans might even take that as a slap to the face. (But I do like that you thought up of this little loop hole. It was very clever, and it definitely has potential, but just not as the definite ending for a long-running series.)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 01:52:23 PM by Essam 293 »

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 02:16:41 PM »
Wow. Definitely interesting.
I wouldn't take it for canon; it's kinda like a big "ha-ha I got you kinda"; like when a show does something for 3 weeks and then says "oops, it's a dream, none of that mattered"- kinda lame.
Still, what you wrote here was pretty cool for an idea to play with.
Made me gawk for a moment anyway
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 02:25:29 PM by RYTX »
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline comet266

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 02:28:57 PM »
Hmmm, I do really think this is a cool idea, but would probably beyond the scope of what the Ellimist is allowed to do.  Throughout the series, it's really emphasized that both Ellimist and Crayak's biggest rule is that they are only allowed as minimal of a maneuver as possible.  So I think in this case, this would definitely not be allowed by the rules of the game...

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 02:39:40 PM »
That's a very Twilight Zoney kind of ending, but I like the Twilight Zone XD

Could work, but I'm one of those weirdos who actually liked the ambiguity of the ending, even if I kind of felt rushed along.  I think the "never happened" ending is even more of a copout than a cliffhanger.  Here's a thought: What if, when they hit the Blade Ship, they all ended up back at the mall on the night they met Elfangor, and it all started over again?

And GREAT SCOTT! Essam, +1 for making my day XD

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 03:28:31 PM »
Shouldn't this go in the fanfiction section?
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 04:01:50 PM »
Yeah it definitely belongs in the fanfiction section

Its an interesting question to raise, but to be honest I don't really like the tone in which you raised it.
ATTENTION: Here is a true ending for the Animorphs series that ALL fans will appreciate.
Thats essentially a slap in KA and Michael Grants face. Their ending is the true ending. This is fan fiction. Whether YOU think that your ending is better is a completely different thing. Had you said, "Hey guys, I thought up another ending that I thought might be cooler than the original, I hope you like it any feedback would be great." Then maybe I wouldn't have entered your story so biased against you and might have liked it a bit more.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 04:46:05 PM »
1. Clever; I approve of the concept, although as a reader I would have been a mite displeased upon realizing the Animorphs themselves never existed in the first place, most of them never having been born.

2. I half-agree with Duff. It bears some offence toward the authors, however based on some conversations I've had with the authors... I don't think they would be deeply personally offended by it. We as readers and admirers of them are taking offence on their behalf, regardless how they themselves would react to it.

Nicely done, lad.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 04:58:08 PM »
Also...why have you posted this exact post three separate times?

Offline KleenexCow

• Hop the Next Bus and Run for the Border
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 05:12:46 PM »
Here's a thought: What if, when they hit the Blade Ship, they all ended up back at the mall on the night they met Elfangor, and it all started over again?

Now that one's awesome.

All this has happened before and will happen again.
"Everyone has to die, it's true. But first we get to live." --"El Paso," Jason Anderson
------
Animorph51 in Cassie's Barn @AOLchat in the late 90's
Mad Cow at Fanfiction.net
KleenexCow at Livejournal.com

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 05:55:00 PM »
1) This thread has already been posted.
2) This belongs in the fanfiction section.
3) Applegates ending is the only TRUE ending, as you put it, whether you like it or not.
4) The idea of it all being another Ellimist cop-out makes me angry. I don't like when things tie themselves up with a neat little bow. Life isn't like that.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 06:07:50 PM »
1) This thread has already been posted.
2) This belongs in the fanfiction section.
3) Applegates ending is the only TRUE ending, as you put it, whether you like it or not.
4) The idea of it all being another Ellimist cop-out makes me angry. I don't like when things tie themselves up with a neat little bow. Life isn't like that.

Yeah, I'm with you 100% Jessi >.<  As much as I still do enjoy a good Twilight Zone...

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2010, 06:12:35 PM »
Yeah, It was a nice idea and well written but I've always hated "it was all just a dream" or "It's been erased from history" type endings. And like the others have said before, this isn't the true ending and you've posted this in 2 other topics. Whether or not it was your intention, it is spam.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 06:14:27 PM by Blue the Kid »
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)