Author Topic: Animorph Successors  (Read 11360 times)

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
Re: Animorph Successors
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2010, 07:06:36 PM »
Ertoran's eyes track to Raya, and then she murmured, "I go by Tora, but then I was Eriss 247." She found herself holding her breath for a reaction as, if any of these individuals had been in higher circles, they would know that she was an Andalite who had been masquerading as a Yeerk and who now, shamed and dishonored before her people, masqueraded as a human. That is, assuming Serid had been infested--something she had never truly found out. Ertoran could only hope this name would mean nothing to them so that she did not have to relocate and start her life anew yet again under a different identity. It was coming to the point where she wasn't entirely sure who she was anymore.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2010, 07:16:27 PM »
Raya blinked, scrunching her nose up as she tried to put the name and the face together. After a moment she shrugged. As far as she was concerned, this girl was just another human controller, freed from they "tyranny" of her Yeerk master.

"No me acuerdo de ti,*" she said with a shrug. She glances back at Ben, unsure whether or not he intended to continue talking to Tora or wanted them to begin moving to the food court. He was right about one thing - an electronics store was not an ideal place to form a conspiracy. Habitually, she pulled her beret down lower, glaring suspiciously at those around their little group.

*I don't remember you
((btw, my Spanish is far from perfect. If anyone here knows Spanish and sees something wrong, please tell me. I'm trying to improve upon my skills. :) ))

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2010, 08:55:41 PM »
Garrett made it to the counter and paid for his cable. He saw that the group had not yet left the store. He also noticed that the employee decided to finally divulge her identity. Unfortunately he'd have to ask her himself as he couldn't hear from there.

He walks back to the group and asks her, "So you giving up the spy game?" He extends his hand, "I'm Garrett. Former host of Arrin 2-1-8. You?"

Post Merged: February 24, 2010, 08:56:46 PM
((Uh, Warrior? What was that? Did you read the first page with what our situation was?))
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2010, 10:41:45 PM »
She heaved something of an exasperated sigh but put on a pleasant enough smile when she responded, "I am Tora, once known as Eriss 247. Your Yeerk's name sounds familiar; perhaps I only met him while we fed." She looked between those who had haphazarly met here. "Any particular reason you all are gathering in an electronics store, or is this a coincidence?" Her tone clearly stated she doubted the possibility.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2010, 10:47:49 PM »
Garrett gestured his own side of a handshake even though Tora didn't accept it. "Nope, no recollection of an Eriss. Of course he didn't exactly open his mind to me while he was in my head."

He then responded to her question, "I was just here when Ben found me looking for these cables." He waved the new cables back and forth a couple times. I take it your boss doesn't know you used to be a controller?"

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2010, 12:46:48 AM »
Ertoran gritted her teeth. "Will you please refrain from talking so loudly?" she murmured. "I am going to ask him for the rest of the day off; I only have thirty minutes left on my shift anyway. Just wait here a moment."

She turned and walked to speak with her supervisor. The conversation was short, although he gesturing to her with obvious irritation. In the end, however, she must have been successful, because she walked back towards them, pulling off her company name tag and stuffing it into her khaki's pocket as she moved.

"If you wish to include me in your conversation, I am happy to accompany you somewhere more private," she said, looking between the four of them.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Cloudbreaker

• My activity may be at/near 0% but I'm still here.
    • Animorphs: The Revival
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2010, 06:43:33 AM »
Ben didn't remember Tora's name or her yeerk's name, even though it did sound slightly familiar.  But then again, he could have been remembering a different Eriss yeerk too.  He didn't really think too much into it.

But when Tora asked if she could be included in their conversation, Ben did put some thought into it.  He had to.  And quickly.  Since he was the one who planned this meeting, he figured he should probably be the one to decide if they tell Tora to get lost or come along.

"Sure, you can come with," he finally said.  "We're headed for the food court.  I'll buy everyone a cinnamon bun."  He began heading toward the Cinnabon.  Ben figured that if he was going to include Garrett (who Ben didn't plan on including until he ran into him at the store) he might as well include Tora too.

Now instead of convincing two people to become vigilante animorphs, Ben would have to convince four.  Tora, Garrett, Chad, and Marisol were about to be asked a question that Ben could not even begin to fathom their answers to.  Ultimately, Ben hoped their answers would boil down to a plain old yes.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2010, 07:07:33 AM »
Raya followed Ben, keeping her distance from the others. Something about Tora made her nervous, as though something was slightly off about her. The ease with which Garrett expressed his opinions also threw Raya - someone who was so used to keeping secrets.

<I wonder what he wants,> Marisol commented for about the tenth time since they had gotten the phone call.

<Maybe he just wants cinnamon buns,> Raya said with false hope.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2010, 07:48:40 AM »
"Cinnaman buns sounds fine." Chad said from the door of the electronics department. "You look like you might have something difficult to say."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2010, 08:36:11 AM »
"I will meet you there; I need to get my purse," Ertoran told Chad, who was the closest, and she split off from the group to walk deeper into the store though a door labeled "Employees Only." She placed her hand on the pad just by the door, and the screen just above it read, "Tora Anderson - Clocked Out - 14:02."

Instead of going to the locked cabinet where personal items were kept, she walked into the bathroom and locked the door. It was a tight room for an Andalite--which is exactly what she was becoming--especially since it was shared with the broom closet. Once she regained her true form, she held her tail high to prevent it from hitting the precariously placed cleaning supplies in the corner. She began remorphing immediately; she had no idea how long this conversation would last, but she did not want to risk becoming Tora Anderson forever.

Once human again, Tora flushed the toilet and let the tap run a few moments to allay any suspicions, and then left the tiny room, picked up her purse, and left the store, heading towards the food court to catch up with the others.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2010, 03:38:10 PM »
((Cinnabon? Nice, let's see how well Tora keeps her composure around Andalite Kryponite. >:D ))

Garrett follows Ben as he heads off towards the Cinnabon. He hadn't had a Cinnabon in, what seemed like, forever. He noticed Marisol distancing herself from the others, "What are you, allergic?" He laughed the comment off as a joke. He then wandered back closer to the gentleman that had originally noticed Ben. He extended his hand in greeting and said, "Hi, I'm Garrett."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2010, 06:16:54 PM »
"Hey. I'm Chad." he said and took Garret's hand. He waited for a reaction after taking his hand away, like he always did. People asked him all the time if he was the Chad that was harboring the Yeerk nothlit, and badgering him with more questions. If people weren't threatening either of them, they were annoying them.

"While we're at the cinnabon, maybe we can watch for Andalite tourists. They go crazy for those things. That and other stuff like chocolate."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2010, 08:09:48 PM »
After Chad had introduced himself Garrett laughed, "Ha! 'Chad'. It's 'The Chad'. 'The Chad is great, The Chad is great.' Hahaha, ah, good movie."

After Chad made his remark about Andalites and Cinnabon, Garrett gave a counter-point, "Dude, can you believe them? I haven't been to Cinnabon in so long, you'll probably think I'm an Andalite. Ha-ha." He gives a quick look to Marisol, "Don't worry though, Ben can vouch for me; then in two hours you can vouch for me. Hahaha."

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2010, 09:02:13 PM »
Ertoran saw the group of four ahead of her and lengthened her strides to bypass shoppers and take a place walking beside them.

Her head lifted at the scent of the food court--and especially cinnamon buns. Despite all her time in human morph and in Yeerk morph controlling a human body, she had never been able to become accustomed to their smell and taste. Her mouth began watering. There is a good reason I avoid the food court all the time, she reminded herself, then sighed. This is going to be impossible.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2010, 09:11:49 PM »
Raya did not respond to Garrett's comment about her remaining distant, although she did move closer to the group. As they approached the food court she perked up slightly, picking up the smell of a variety of human establishments.

<Perhaps we can stop off at Dairy Queen on our way out,> Marisol said hopefully, <I could go for a chocolate milkshake.>

<I prefer vanilla,> Raya replied.