Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 235193 times)

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #600 on: April 12, 2010, 09:50:30 AM »
The only MM2's I can seem to find these days are the one with all of them and the one with Ax on the inside cover. Coincidentally, those are the two I already have >.<

And yeah, AC was originally released as three books. It's still divided that way in the single-book version (Elfangor's Journey, Alloran's Choice, and An Alien Dies), and they took all three covers and crammed them into the fold-out thingy (First book was the regular cover, second book was the close-up of Elfangor, and the third book was the Animorphs reflected in his eye).

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline gocorygogo

« Reply #601 on: April 14, 2010, 09:15:16 AM »
I always thought it was cool in #19 (?) when Cassie was in battle with that leopard (and totally screwed BTW), and she was facing defeat. Then Marco in Hawk morph straight dive bombs it......

So I guess my thought is:Few things are cooler in life than a Bird dive bombing a big cat.

(sorry if i got the details wrong, It's been a long time since I read that one :-\ )

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
  • your daily dose of skepticism
« Reply #602 on: April 14, 2010, 11:18:31 AM »
haha- yeah; nice role reversal. ^^

for some reason, that reminded me of their first ant experience. O____o

the image of those kids popping out of the sand/dirt with crazy horror is intense.

also makes me wonder how, again, they managed to convince themselves that termite morph would be a good idea. Dx
“The President and a small group of people know exactly what he meant."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #603 on: April 14, 2010, 11:28:50 AM »
I think they rationalized that it would be better if they morphed something from the same colony, and wouldn't immediately get attacked. Unfortunately they still got swept away by the one track instincts.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline gocorygogo

« Reply #604 on: April 14, 2010, 11:33:20 AM »
Yeah, I can imagine how that mission briefing went down: "alright, guys,I know when we morphed ants it was a complete disaster and we almost died and everything...But We got a new plan; this time we will morph termites to accomplish pretty much what we failed at doing in our ant morphs. What could go wrong? Y'know because termites are completely different than ants. Who's with me?!?"  :)

Offline roguebluejay

« Reply #605 on: April 15, 2010, 08:03:13 PM »
The termite thing freaked me out. It was also kind of cool though. Is it for real that the queen controls them like that?

Offline anijen21

I go off topic on purpose.

VisserZer0

« Reply #607 on: April 15, 2010, 11:39:32 PM »
One of several reasons I dislike Cassie: Why couldn't she get over killing the fricking TERMITE QUEEN?? It's an insect for crying out loud! Does she try to avoid stomping ants too? Though she did do a pretty good job of annihilating that weird ant-Cassie (which was an absolute impossibility).

Offline aareavis

« Reply #608 on: April 16, 2010, 01:24:07 AM »
I started writing a post but I just kept adding and adding and adding.  I C&P'ed into Word and it was a page and a half long.  It was all the things I've been wanting to say for nine years but never had a place to do it.  So I guess I'll start with one or two.

99% of it had to do with Elfangor, Tobias, and Ellimist.  They both got so screwed over by Ellimist.  Elfangor and Tobias both lost the woman they love.  They both lose their families (well, Tobias did get his mother back).  Elfangor should've stayed on Earth and started a computer company with "Bill" and "Steve".  Please tell me I wasn't the only one who got that when they read Andalite Chronicles?  Please tell me it's an old topic. :)  I just wonder if Elfangor would have been a PC or a mac...

I was also thinking that this series is kinda like LOST for kids.  They both fill me with the same feelings of intrigue and mystery.  Also, how all the kids had special connections that made them well-suited for the job.  The feeling that there is something going on behind the scenes like the game that Ellimist and Crayak are playing.  It feels an awful lot like the situation with Jacob and the Man In Black.  Also, they both have ties to Egypt.  The Time Matrix was in Egypt before the Skrit Na absconded with it, along with Loren and Chapman.  How else would you find a polar bear in Africa? Some confused animorph/andalite? 15+16+23 = 54 books = 108/2 :o j/k  There is also the theme of being separated from your one true love.  Sun an Jin, Penny and Desmond, Hurley and Libby, etc...

Offline anijen21

« Reply #609 on: April 16, 2010, 01:35:15 AM »
haha omg keep going
I go off topic on purpose.

Offline aareavis

« Reply #610 on: April 16, 2010, 04:25:00 AM »
OMG, and the biggest LOST connection of all.  Smoke Monster = Veleek, I think that's the name of that swarm cloud thing in MM1.

Offline roguebluejay

« Reply #611 on: April 16, 2010, 04:28:23 AM »
Chanting: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42

Over and over again. Round and round.

Yup. I'm crazy alright.

VisserZer0

« Reply #612 on: April 16, 2010, 08:38:19 PM »
Another random thought:

1st Helmacron book: 24
2nd Helmacron book: 42

42 is 24 backwards, haha.

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #613 on: April 16, 2010, 10:06:21 PM »
lol i never even noticed that! do you think it was deliberate?
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #614 on: April 16, 2010, 10:21:47 PM »
Apparently in Ancient India, whenever they'd want to stich somebody up, they'd pinch the two sides of the incision together, get a soldier ant to bite it, and then cut off its head, so you have a line of soldier ant heads holding your skin together.

All I could think of when I heard this was Marco in #5 when after the ant fiasco he found an ant still attached to him.