Author Topic: Animorphs:The Graphic Novel  (Read 34586 times)

Offline Gafrash

Re: Amimorphs:The Graphic Novel
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2008, 07:54:56 PM »
your art is great but I always pictured the yeerk pool much bigger and also in one of the books the peers are said to be about five feet apart.

Oh, for real, the Yeerk pool complex is meant to be like under half the Animorphs' town. And if I remember correctly, in the first book, Jake described the Yeerk Pool itself is meant to be 100ft or so in diameter. And in The Revelation, Marco and Rachel leaped from one pier to another in their morphs. So surely the piers would be closer.
Also that sketch doesnt have any people/Controllers in it, so there's no sense of scale either... I've already done some sketches where there are more than 2 piers... I keep thinking with the amount of people down there, there would have to be more than 2 for efficiency. The characters only describe 2 main piers, right?!

PS: The setting and the mood of the Yeerk pool is going to be VITAL, I believe. The one place we CAN'T GET WRONG visually, I reckon.

Does anyone know any exceptional animal sites with lots of photo reference?

I cannot give you any SINGLE good site, but I am an absolute WHIZ at finding pictures online. Whenever you need a pic for reference, let me know, and I'll find you the perfect one. I stink at pic-editing, but you wouldn't believe what I can do with five seconds and a search engine. ^-^

Oh my Gee Estelore I am so going to fall back on you for this one. You're would be legend for doing that, too!

Wow KA herself, I'd be humbled by being in her presence :happy30:

To help out witht he novel  I emailed her the link of the RAF and told her you guys were making a graphic novel. I also asked her for permission. She hasnt replied though :sad49:

Oh my Gee-again, you guys know her here?! Is this for real?!

Are u serious!? You know she has an account on here rite?

Whoa! Hey i just want to wave a hi to KA when she scrolls down this!!! <modestly waves a hand: "HI KATHERINE!!!">

What would she be up to now days? In Europe?! Any new series she's working on??
GOOGLE.... typing away.... heheheh.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 09:34:55 PM by Gafrash »

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2008, 09:01:54 PM »
 I could find some websites with pics of animals.  Define 'Exceptional.' Like, do you mean animorph animals? If so, here's some great sites. http://www.coolanimalpictures.com/
http://www.junglewalk.com/photos/Animal-pictures.htm
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2008, 09:21:59 PM »
Hey, JFS16, I mean like one or two sites that have a wide range of decent images of animals that have various animals (that are in the series) photographed doing a variety of things. Like, not just a tiger posing, but a tiger captured in the wild under different perspectives, leaping, raking, climbing, fighting, roaring, crawling...etc.
But also a good site with some insects and bugs under a powerful lens...

Also, we should think about pictures for what we want the construction site and the mall to look like... Where did someone say that KA had imagined the Animorphs' town to be in, again?! We would certainly need pictures from there!
And also, props and fashion is something really valid someone brought up. I don't really know what your fashion there was like for 13-16yolds during the nineties. I just keep drawing Tobias with a hoodie... Don't know why!!!! Cassie seems pretty simple and humble, and so do the boys, but Rachel is definately someone where the visual would impact.

I am sure there would be sites like that, I just can't sem to find them.
I recall once finding a book like that at my local library, but the images were for cinematographic purposes, b/w and sort of poor quality. They only wanted to capture movement as such.

The sites you have posted are cool and I'll be sure to use. Thanks!
I'll pick the red-tailed hawk. So hopefully we can pick a sample where Tobias morphs, and I can incorporate what I learn.

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2008, 10:55:10 PM »
I think in 54 they said that they lived in Santa Barbara, CA. :)
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2008, 08:44:36 AM »
If that's true, then here is a site with some pictures of the largest mall in Santa Barbara.

http://www.weddingmapper.com/g/ca/goleta/photos/wedding_vendor/44351

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline mrlarry

• The original and the best
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2008, 09:07:53 AM »
You know where you might be able to find pictures of kids dressed like the Animorphs would have dressed?
On the covers of the books O_o

MrLarry & Estrid FTW
Matt and Kat lulz

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2008, 11:13:42 AM »
Touche! ;D
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Nomad Frog

• Wanderer
  • God
  • I Am Iron Frog
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2008, 11:18:42 AM »
I think in 54 they said that they lived in Santa Barbara, CA. :)

I believe that was where Jake and Marco moved TO afterwards, I could be wrong.  But I'm pretty sure they weren't actually from that area, the terrain doesn't match up to the stories.

Where did someone say that KA had imagined the Animorphs' town to be in, again?!

I always thought they were up in NorCal, personally, I believe we had a debate about this somewhere on RAF Classic if you wanna look it up.  I can't remember the specific area where someone said they were up there, but it seemed to have nearly everything.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 11:21:23 AM by FrogTobSieMist »
Not all who wander are lost

Offline Animorphsjake

• I am a dragon.
    • Animorphsjake's Youtube
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2008, 11:35:30 AM »
Hey, JFS16,

16yolds during the nineties. I just keep drawing Tobias with a hoodie... Don't know why!!!!

Ya think Tobias's Uncle(or aunt) would buy him a hoodie? Those can be expensive
My newest video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXjJ7AeYy0A

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2008, 12:42:21 PM »
They probably got him a second-hand-piece-of-crap hoodie.

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2008, 07:06:31 PM »
The clothing they were wearing in the cover could be helpful. But I always found them a bit plain and some even a bit dorky, to be honest. Also with some of them it's obvious they were chosen because of the animal they were morphing into.
Some of the examples I mean;

I mean, would Rachel really wear something that the model wears here?

Since I am not from there, I may be wrong, of course. I am under the impression a hoodie would be something only boys of a 'skatie' or 'hip hop' sort of culture would wear... A kid 'bully magnet' might also try to wear it... and well, attract bullies... dunno... I mean, over here, in Melbourne, a hoodie is like standard wear for most boys, so it's really not an expensive luxury or something that only 'hommies' wear.

Anyway, on the topic of models, I've chosen to go with the blond model Tobias. The hoodie can stay for now. I am trying to give him a tender dreamy look and a fierce solid look for his default faces. When we colour him we should just give him a 'dirty-blondeh' (say it with a porsh accent) look. Heheheh!

PS: Why did I always pictured they lived up in Michigan somewhere???

Offline mrlarry

• The original and the best
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2008, 07:24:50 PM »
Well, I always thought that what Cassie was wearing on the cover of #19 was her morphing outfit.
The other ones you posted are probably all appropriate for the time, even if it seems dorky now (yes, even that dress of Rachel's) But you don't have to go with those clothes exactly, it's just having a starting point to go from.
Ya think Tobias's Uncle(or aunt) would buy him a hoodie? Those can be expensive
Yes, they can. If you buy brand name ones. I'm wearing one right now that I got for like $12, and it's really good quality.

MrLarry & Estrid FTW
Matt and Kat lulz

Offline wolfev

« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2008, 07:37:17 PM »
To solve the clothing issue just watch old nickelodeon.
Here watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLWAXQU1ExU&feature=related
Classic american 90s show.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2008, 07:59:19 PM »
Alright, fair crack of the whip. Thanks. Shows you how much I know.

Offline wolfev

« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2008, 08:00:37 PM »
Don't get me wrong I live the hoody idea. Could we at least see some sketches of Tobias?
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]