Author Topic: Animorphs:The Graphic Novel  (Read 34577 times)

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Re: Amimorphs:The Graphic Novel
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2008, 11:58:26 AM »
Well, you DID make this thread. Make a roster! :)
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2008, 03:42:42 PM »
Oh, my golly. :o :o :wow:

I think we've found our official primary artist! (If you're willing.)

(No offense to Dameg; girl, I love your stuff, but this guy takes it to a whole other level!!)
No problem ^_^ I know he's a better drawer than me ^_^
But if I can do critic: I think the Human characters are too... masculine. Even the girls. They have a big neck ^_^' It's quite strange... Except that, it's perfect! Gafrash should be the main artist ^_^
Another problem is that our drawings are very different, so we can't draw together on the same thing...
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2008, 03:50:45 PM »
No reason ye' can't take alternating books!
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

Offline Tiana

« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2008, 04:02:26 PM »
Wow, your sketches are absolutely amazing!
:)
Can I help out with the graphic novel too?

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2008, 04:02:42 PM »
*nodding* ;D

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2008, 08:29:25 PM »
Whoa!!! Thanks you lot! I appreciate the good comments and also really appreciate some feedback.
I really should get started on some animal drawings... I royally suck at drawing them... And animals should be one of our key elements here!
Does anyone know any exceptional animal sites with lots of photo reference?

I really want to push this Animorphs Graphic Novel project. I've already started on a visual diary just for them.
I have never embarked on a comic project and would love to do it for the Animorphs. It was my one and only favorite book series. I carry it in my memory to this day!
I don't think my cartoons do justice to the characters... I am still trying to 'find them' using my 'style'... You can find traces of manga and ocidental style there, for I am still creating a style for myself.

I am currently working on a face for Tobias... I am really unsure how to go about depicting the human him. I know he has to have that 'wimpy' look early on and then a 'fierce sort of predator' look afterwards. But whenever I draw him with long hair he looks like the way I draw Jake and with the shortcut blonde-hair-look he looks somewhat 'not-Tobias' in my eyes... Partly because I haven't seen them in colour yet.
I once read somewhere that they are the same model in the covers and all, but to me, I think, after The Illusion, the models for Tobias really aren't. dunno.

Question: Would the colourist be using a program like Painter or Photoshop to colour in some of the sketches? Who would be willing to do that for us?

Oh! ONE IMPORTANT QUESTION too: Since we can't post the images here, Is there a way to 'restrict' the images I load up only to users from here?!
I might put a password up, so only people that been through here can access the photobucket. I want the drawings to be exclusive for us here!!!

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2008, 08:35:42 PM »
You should consult with Dameg, you're sorta co-artists here.
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline wolfev

« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2008, 08:49:30 PM »
your art is great but I always pictured the yeerk pool much bigger and also in one of the books the peers are said to be about five feet apart.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2008, 11:02:38 PM »
Does anyone know any exceptional animal sites with lots of photo reference?

I cannot give you any SINGLE good site, but I am an absolute WHIZ at finding pictures online. Whenever you need a pic for reference, let me know, and I'll find you the perfect one. I stink at pic-editing, but you wouldn't believe what I can do with five seconds and a search engine. ^-^

Offline Animorphsjake

• I am a dragon.
    • Animorphsjake's Youtube
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2008, 11:05:04 PM »
Wow KA herself, I'd be humbled by being in her presence :happy30:

To help out witht he novel  I emailed her the link of the RAF and told her you guys were making a graphic novel. I also asked her for permission. She hasnt replied though :sad49:
My newest video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXjJ7AeYy0A

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2008, 11:48:04 PM »
Wow KA herself, I'd be humbled by being in her presence :happy30:

To help out witht he novel  I emailed her the link of the RAF and told her you guys were making a graphic novel. I also asked her for permission. She hasnt replied though :sad49:

Are u serious!? You know she has an account on here rite?
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2008, 03:36:30 PM »
She's in Europe right now. Don't expect a quick reply.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2008, 03:57:41 PM »
And I think she's quite busy ^_^
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2008, 07:41:59 PM »
Consulting on the soon-to-be-mega-blockbuster, hopefully :) ;) :D ;D
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2008, 07:48:41 PM »
"In god we trust, That there will be a MAJOR ani movie."

"amen."
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw