Author Topic: Was Crayak trying to be selective, or just destroying because it was fun?  (Read 3024 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Somewhere along the line, I got the feeling that Crayak destroys because he's trying to make some kind of ultimate species. Kind of an extreme way of selective breeding.

But when I reread The Ellemist Chronicles, he doesn't say that. He just says he destroys because he can, or something like that.

So is he trying to fulfill some twisted purpose, or does he just like to see how many different ways he can destroy a planet?

Both of these options being wrong, of course, but I find it odd that anyone would kill something over and over just because they have the power.

Even Adolf Hilter had a reason for what he did.

Ani-Master 2014!

esplin

well i guess crayak was just a static opposite to the ellimist, The Ellimist likes to create, Crayak likes to destroy.

Does anyone ask why ellimist likes to create and help aliens? I dont really think he has the right but thats just me.

Maybe Crayak was just destroying whatever he didnt want to rule over.

Offline nothlitlifestyles

Does anyone ask why ellimist likes to create and help aliens? I dont really think he has the right but thats just me.

Thats an interesting view, I mean I wouldn't see it as any different than humans putting injured wild animals in a clinic, or trying to help a beached whale. I mean I think what he did in the stranger was wrong where he was talking about a zoo bassically of humans and other creatures from Earth, but to try in the best way he knows how to help, I wouldnt see as wrong. I think making it into a game where he and the crayak had rules was sick demented and twisted to the point of him being as low as the crayak but.... anyways.

Offline Chad32

• God

Thats an interesting view, I mean I wouldn't see it as any different than humans putting injured wild animals in a clinic, or trying to help a beached whale. I mean I think what he did in the stranger was wrong where he was talking about a zoo bassically of humans and other creatures from Earth, but to try in the best way he knows how to help, I wouldnt see as wrong. I think making it into a game where he and the crayak had rules was sick demented and twisted to the point of him being as low as the crayak but.... anyways.
Thinking of what they do as a game is sick. However, they can't kill each other. The last time they tried, it practically wiped out a galaxy.

The rules of the "game" keep the damage to a minimum.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
I dont know if there even was a zoo like he was talking about in 7, it might have just been an excuse to help them out without helping

I think he just likes destruction, and he spares species that destroy as well

Well its not that he wants to play the game or enjoys it, he doesnt have a choice, if he doesnt play the game then crayak could just destroy everything in the blink of an eye, hes playing the game to keep crayak from getting bored and doing something bad

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
I think what Crayak does in the game is like a really twisted version of natural selection, pitting species against eachother and seeing who wins.

Of course, if he didn't have the necessary restraints of the game then he would probably just destroy for the fun of it and when this galaxy was no more, pick up and move to the next one.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

esplin

well many people think or belive that everything in the universe has to have an opposite.  My point is that, despite what crayak is doing would generally considered evil, i think its nessecary.

Because I do recall that Ellimist's helping wasnt always so great from the EC.

Offline CounterInstinct

The Ellimist mentioned something about Crayak wanting to gain power. I believe that he doesn't want to destroy the universe.
He wants to RECREATE it in his own liking. Well.. of course to destroy in the process... but you get the point.

If the universe and its "strands of time and space" and whatever becomes controlled by the iron hand of Crayak, he could go back and destroy "the one thing that banished him".
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

esplin

if he destroyed the being that banished him then he wouldnt have been banished and he never would have met the ellimist and the ellimist would have never became part of time so crayak could have never copied him thus making it impossible for him to destroy the being that banished him.
*exhale*

but i aslo think crayak could never actually do what he wants to do because of the ellimist and vice versa, the cancel each other out

Offline CounterInstinct

Oh man, I need a translator chip. Mine exploded upon reading.
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

esplin

yeah time travel is really confusing

Offline CounterInstinct

yeah.... but I understood it a bit.  ;D

A bit.

But, maybe he would just "destroy" that being, not "remove" its existence from time itself. Who knows? He might just assimilate that being to become even more powerful.

esplin

yeah he might be more subtle then one would suspect

Offline Champion

Re: Was Crayak trying to be selective, or just destroying because it was fun?
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 06:41:47 PM »
From what i could tell, it was like selective breeding. he would create his own race, and watch them whipe out entire civilizations. but i think it was more because he was board. like if you were the highest form of being on your plane of existience, that would be wicked boring. sure, youd probably help out for a little, but then???

Offline Azguard

• God
Re: Was Crayak trying to be selective, or just destroying because it was fun?
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 07:48:24 PM »
 yeah, i think in a way you're right. When you're that powerful but still "awake" you have two options really. help, or destroy . of course, they're alien so who knows.
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?