Author Topic: The Opinionated Animorphs Book Guide!  (Read 113041 times)

SmartGirl333

Re: The Opinionated Animorphs Book Guide!
« Reply #330 on: March 22, 2015, 02:43:14 AM »
I want to rewatch this whole thing now. also hOLYSHI POPARENA IS ON RAF HOW DID I MISS THIS THE WHOLE TIME

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #331 on: March 22, 2015, 09:30:04 AM »
Yeah I love this series. That's why I moved it here, as it was going largely unnoticed in the Projects board.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline poparena

« Reply #332 on: April 05, 2015, 05:42:08 PM »
Winner, Best RAFproject 2011

THE OPINIONATED ANIMORPHS BOOK GUIDE

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #333 on: April 05, 2015, 07:13:28 PM »
I feel like my feelings on #43 fairly positive, but I also mostly remember random things. Though now this book makes me sad because Borders no longer exists.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #334 on: April 05, 2015, 07:29:18 PM »
I must be seriously overdue for a re-read of the series, because apparently I totally forgot that #43 started with Tobias doing the heroic save a lost kid thing. I agree they should've had more moments like that in the series. I guess the main reason they don't typically do stuff like that is because it's likely to get noticed by the Yeerks.

Seeing Tobias actually react to being in a woman's body would have been interesting, although to be fair most teenage boys would react in a way not appropriate for the target audience. :P They should definitely have covered how he felt about specifically morphing Taylor though. Can you imagine how you would feel if you looked in the mirror and saw the face of the person who nearly tortured you to death? That would seriously mess with your head.

guitarhero01234

« Reply #335 on: April 06, 2015, 03:02:52 AM »
This book was a bit of an oddball for me. I tend to really, really like Tobias-narrated books, but this is probably my least favorite of the bunch. Not that it's outright bad, and I really tried to like it the way I liked his other books, but there were quite a few flaws that needed to be ironed out before this one hit the shelves. I feel that Taylor's character had changed a lot more than she really should have in the time between the events of book 33 and this one, and there was a lot of promise when Tobias was shown morphing a Taxxon on the cover, which turned out to be not all that interesting. To get to my main point, though, this book should have been a huge moment for Tobias, since he's finally coming face-to-face with the Controller who had literally kept him in a room for over two hours and nearly killed him, but he really comes out of this book unchanged in the end. Let's take a look at all the previous Tobias books; #3 has him coming to terms with his new role in nature and in the Animorphs' group dynamic, #13 has him regain his morphing power, in #23 he realizes that Elfangor is his father and has a ton of the delicious trauma that I love so much, and of course, #33 is the book where he's tortured for hours on end, has a near-death experience, and is obviously horribly shaken up by all of this. But with this book, he walks away essentially the same as he came in, which for a character that so rarely gets a chance to narrate a book, is really disappointing. Really, that's how I see this book as a whole, as a massive missed opportunity.

Offline poparena

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #337 on: June 01, 2015, 08:07:16 PM »
"Patreon: Give me your money." :waves:

Why are some of these so much worse than I remember. I'm kind of glad you're moving on to the final arc, because at least I've read those books recently enough to remember them clearly. XD

Also, I thought this was relevant: According to my calendar, it's Western Australia Day.

guitarhero01234

« Reply #338 on: June 02, 2015, 05:43:21 PM »
This book . . . dear God, I never saw any point to it, and you just made it even worse for me :P . Kidding, kidding, this book was always awful and borderline racist and there's no way to possibly make it any worse.
Also, as someone who's been watching your reviews since late 2011 (holy **** has it really been that long), I find it kinda crazy that you're reaching the final story arc. Seems like just a couple months ago you were cracking jokes about the Animorphs' town having only one car wash.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #339 on: June 03, 2015, 07:19:25 PM »
I have to admit, I'd love to have read a book showing Cassie navigating her way through the Australian outback and acquiring a bunch of badass morphs. Also I'm now really hoping there is a fanfic out there somewhere about what happened to those two marines, lol.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #340 on: June 03, 2015, 07:27:19 PM »
Australia has a reputation of being the deadliest continent in the world. It's a shame Cassie didn't grab somethign worthwhile.

Ani-Master 2014!

SmartGirl333

« Reply #341 on: June 09, 2015, 03:54:27 PM »
While the depiction of Australia as all wild outback offends me a little, it's probably justified by that being the /middle/ of Australia. Not much goes on at the middle, I can confirm from geography class. FYI, the south-east is just as city and filled with normal people as USA or whatever. Most of the girls in my class go bat**** at the mere SUGGESTION that there could be a spider in the room. not very badass hey?

Also, yes steph it was Western Aus day. but the rest of aus got queen'sbirthday!longweekend on the 8th so it all balances out.

Offline Quaf

• Andre, the seventh animorph
  • Gold Donor
  • be excellent to each other and party on dudes
« Reply #342 on: June 15, 2015, 02:15:43 AM »
Most of the girls in my class go bat**** at the mere SUGGESTION that there could be a spider in the room. not very badass hey?

I love it when that happens heehee.

Also, I agree with all of that other stuff you said. The people who think there are kangas in our backyard are just idiots.
Well, I'm the boss... Head Honcho. El Numero Uno. Mr. Big. The Godfather. Lord of the Rings. The Bourne... Identity. Er... Taxi Driver. Jaws. I forgot the question quite a while back. Who are you, again?

Offline poparena

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #344 on: July 20, 2015, 01:22:01 AM »
I have so many feelings. Also everything about this review makes me happy.