Author Topic: Group Re-Read: #37 The Weakness  (Read 3216 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Group Re-Read: #37 The Weakness
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 10:59:43 AM »
I think there's even a saying that one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist. Which is kind of like one man's junk being another man's treasure. It's subjective. Like good and evil.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline anijen21

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 12:13:41 PM »
A man's called a traitor, or liberator
A rich man's a thief or philanthropist
Is one a crusader or ruthless invader?
It's all in which label is able to persist

There are precious few at ease
With moral ambiguities
So we act as though they don't exist.

As toolish as I feel quoting Wicked, it's relevant to the discussion, so...
I go off topic on purpose.

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 02:32:45 AM »
...The way I see it is that the Animorphs were guerilla fighters, not necessarily "terrorists", probably more like "freedom fighters" but guerillas none the less. The Yeerks were much more numerous and much better armed than the Animorphs, so they had to take advantage and use every single weapon and strategy available to them; whether it be their morphing power, the Chee's holograms, intstant maple and ginger oatmeal, or even conventional methods like explosives. Or not-so-conventional weapons like planes. The fact that they happened to do this before 9/11 is an eerie coincidence, but like I said they had to use everything available.
I still agree with what Homiegee said. There's also the fact that this was a rescue mission. If you look at the circumstances, what other options did Rachel, as a leader, really have to achieve the best results in the short span of time to save her best friend?!