Author Topic: Group Re-read: #35 The Proposal  (Read 4273 times)

Offline Gafrash

Re: Group Re-read: #35 The Proposal
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2009, 09:20:32 AM »
Proposing is what a man does when he asks a woman to marry him...
Man, you gotta admit some of the subtitles for the books were kinda hard to see the link. Like #39:The Hidden, #40:The Other...

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2009, 11:35:33 AM »
#40 isn't so hard. the other could refer to the other (two) andalites that landed on earth...

#39 I suppose could mean hiding the blue box...

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2009, 11:38:51 AM »
I will admit she sometimes gets creative with the titles. She could have just put The Wedding. That wouldn't have spoiled too much.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2009, 01:18:13 PM »
I vaguely remember the anibase saying the publisher or someone choosing the title. Bascially, KA doesn't choose the title, I'm pretty sure of that.

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2009, 07:06:10 PM »
1. The main premise of this book is Marco's morphing mishaps. What do you think about his mixed morphs? Is it a plausible excuse for stress? Why do you think that none of the other Animorphs have been 'afflicted' yet? They're all under quite a bit of stress, after all...

For some people, parents splitting up and moving on is a complete rewrite of their outlook on the universe. When my parents split up 3 years ago, My 24 year old sister flipped out emotionally. Even now, 3 years later, my father's engaged to another woman, and my mother is in a diff relationship. My sister, now 27, is still an emotional wreck when this topic brought up. So I understand how it can affect his morphing more than the others.

3. What do you think about the added dilemma of Marco's father getting remarried.

I don't believe it was added, I'm sure it was the focal point of the entire book, "The Proposal"?

4. What do you think about Cassie's attempts at helping Marco cope? What about Jake's very different tactic?

I thought Cassie was the def wrong person to try and help Marco with the prob. Jake knew his friend, and how to handle him. Cassie thinks that everyone is a small child that wants to cry in mommy's arms in order to feel better.

5. This book ends with Visser One/Eva calling Marco. Was this a good place in the series to have this happen, or should it have taken place in a more critical book??

I thought it was the perfectly ironic timing. It was perfect as far as I'm concerned.

6. Anything else?

I totally thought Nora was controller. Even though they disproved it with the surveillance, I still had my doubts.
But, then she was officially infested, and I thought, <Oh, guess she wasn't a controller then. Welp, she is now! Haha.>
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline EscafilDevice

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2009, 11:07:24 AM »
Speaking of the title, I always thought it meant Visser One's proposal to Marco in the last few lines.

Double meaning, I guess.