Author Topic: Animorphs wii  (Read 2070 times)

Offline Galladerotom

• Analysist, Paranoid, Trekie, and Psychic
Animorphs wii
« on: March 02, 2009, 07:14:19 PM »
Okay naturally this thread is about how the wiimotes and other functions could be used. If any of you have ever looked at Deadly Creatures the poteintal for using battle and insect morphs is definatly there and if the people who make the animorphs movie (this is speculation based on a questions and ansewers with K.A. Applegate) don't make it a lame movie tie-in then it would be an awsome game.

Your thoughts.
We must extract the truth from this unbeliever on pain of torture! Get...THE COMFY CHAIR!

Offline ChimichangaChupacabra

• Banned
Re: Animorphs wii
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 07:48:27 PM »
Nv4 g0nna h@penz.
"WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!" - Bale.

Offline Galladerotom

• Analysist, Paranoid, Trekie, and Psychic
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 09:45:38 PM »
Well suppose that it did. It is a theoretical conversation.
and please type in actual sentences I am not internet speak fluent  ::) .
We must extract the truth from this unbeliever on pain of torture! Get...THE COMFY CHAIR!

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 09:53:36 PM »
*sighs, shakes head while walking away muttering*

Offline Kitulean

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Kit Army Second
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 11:51:47 PM »
There's no need to be rude, Chimi. If you don't like a topic, don't reply to it. It's no one else's fault if you can't play along with a fun hypothetical thought. Stop raining on other people's parade.

As for the game they could do, I've never used the wii, but I think it could be used pretty well. What did you have in mind? Like motion for morphing or what?

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 01:26:22 AM »
I would LOVE to make an Animorphs video game. I'm thinking like a Sandbox type of game to follow the main plot, and a Real Time Strategy game for the outer space battles between the Yeerks and Andalites.

Granted, I fail at programming, so all I can really do is make the games pretty. Someone else would have to do all the hard stuff for me. *sighs*
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 05:55:19 AM »
*sighs, shakes head while walking away muttering*

If you aren't going to say anything about the topic, then don't bother posting please. Like many of the threads on this board, we are discussing hypothetical situations so it really doesn't matter if it's going to happen or not.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 08:31:52 AM »
The exasperation reeeaaaallly wasn't anything to do with the feasibility of it ever happening.

But point taken.

Offline EmberGryphon

• Dust from a Distant Sun
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 09:24:32 AM »
I would LOVE to make an Animorphs video game. I'm thinking like a Sandbox type of game to follow the main plot, and a Real Time Strategy game for the outer space battles between the Yeerks and Andalites.

I love the idea of the the Sandbox-type thing.... although whenever I've pictured an Animorphs game, I've always pictured things going by the events of the book. Like, you can run around in the city or go to the mall or whatever, but nothing happens until you get to the Pool Entrance in the school to start the cut scene. ^^() I think of it as having some freedom- you can choose, for instance, where you want to walk to, where you want to fly to, find some place to hide to demorph... But definitely being strongly plot-based. S'just my thought train, though. x3

I played the Shattered Reality (I think?) demo, and hated the RPG-type battling... Really, I don't mind RPGs, but they aren't my favorite sort of thing. I really prefer hack-and-slash action-type games, and I think Animorphs has a lot of potential for that sorta thing. (With every animal having its own advantages and disadvantages- tiger's agility, gorilla and bear's strenth, wolf's endurance... It'd be sweet. >=)

...Yeah. A better Animorphs game would rock, but... I don't think it's gonna happen.
Unless there are awesome fandom programmers lurking around with tons of spare time and terrific game-creatin' programs! *crickets chirp*

Offline musicman88

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 09:53:32 AM »
I'd buy it!
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline JFalcon

• I need to get out more . . .
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 12:50:54 PM »
I always envisioned a game similar to grand theft auto 3 (haven't played 4, didn't really like 3) in that you could go anywhere and take missions when you felt like it or just screw around and rampage when you felt like that, would have been awesome. I can just see the game offering up different morph locations, i.e. finding flies at a dumpster, stray dogs, or indeed going to the gardens, as being the sort of I'd design if I could design an Animorphs game, and indeed the idea had come to me many times.

I can just see soaring over a relatively interactive city in a bird of prey morph (with actual 2 hour timer limit, none of the 2 minute time limit we saw in Shattered Reality, even if it probably would be better for game mechanics) having safe morph and demorph zones, playing through the course of the book series but with a few "untold tales" to surprise us.

And I can totally see myself falling to my knees, reaching up to the sky and screaming "WHY!?" If it came out for Wii.  >:( I don't have a Wii, do you have any idea how hard it is to find a Wii? They're never in stock anywhere around where I live and I've had to simply convince myself that I'm better off with my 360 anyway.

Still, an Animorphs game on Wii? It'd be tough, my inexperience with Wii aside I believe the motion sensitive controls could really suck you into the game for sure, but they might also make it really hard to control. Still I can definately see the merit of swinging your Wii-mote and seeing that Tiger's paw swipe something.  ;D
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"My brain! My brain! Me hurty to think!" ~ Zim, Invader Zim

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
    • My tumblr
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 01:54:57 PM »
I always envisioned a game similar to grand theft auto 3 (haven't played 4, didn't really like 3) in that you could go anywhere and take missions when you felt like it or just screw around and rampage when you felt like that, would have been awesome. I can just see the game offering up different morph locations, i.e. finding flies at a dumpster, stray dogs, or indeed going to the gardens, as being the sort of I'd design if I could design an Animorphs game, and indeed the idea had come to me many times.

That's exactly what I mean by a sandbox game. :D That way you could have all the plot points of the book available, but you don't necessarily have to do them all in the same order.

Like, for example... You do the mission where you meet Erek for the first time, and that unlocks the missions that Erek gives you. But if, for example, you wanted to do the mission for book 12, well, you could do that before meeting Erek, since he has nothing to do with it. Etc.

So, yeah, you'd have different missions scattered throughout the city, and can do them however you want. And you can acquire animals that you come accross, or go to the Gardens or Cassie's barn for it. Give everyone their default battle morphs in a cut-scene, but if you want to mess with it and get something else, then that would be cool, too.

Maybe have some sort of marker for known controllers like Chapman and Tom, but you still have to be careful of unmarked humans, just in case...

Gah! I'm waaaayyy over-planning this. I need to make design documents or something...

Offline JFalcon

• I need to get out more . . .
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 02:31:45 PM »
That's exactly what I mean by a sandbox game. :D That way you could have all the plot points of the book available, but you don't necessarily have to do them all in the same order.

Oh. Awesome then!  ;D

Such a game would rock not only because it would be Animorphs, but because it would appeal to those who hadn't read the books, it could be sweet even if I did come out for a console I don't own!
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"My brain! My brain! Me hurty to think!" ~ Zim, Invader Zim

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 05:41:14 PM »
Staaarcraft.  Think Staaarcraft, Waaarcraft, C&C/Red Alert.  Only with fewer units, smaller environments.  That's what an Animorphs game should be.   :)

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
    • My tumblr
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 05:48:56 PM »
Staaarcraft.  Think Staaarcraft, Waaarcraft, C&C/Red Alert.  Only with fewer units, smaller environments.  That's what an Animorphs game should be.   :)

*nods* I think Animorphs needs two games, really. The sandbox type mentioned above, and a Starcraft-like RTS for the outer space Andalite vs Yeerks stuff.

Or an Ellimist vs Crayak insane chess game, omg, I totally wanna do this...