Author Topic: Animorphs: Alternate Reality  (Read 971 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Animorphs: Alternate Reality
« on: January 26, 2009, 12:55:04 PM »
I've said before that I have a problem with writing. I can't seem to finish anything I start. The competition between Musicman and myself, and Pheonix's Animorphs Travels, has given me an idea. I can attempt to do something similar to AT, and write something that's heavily based on something that's already been written. I can insert my character as another Animorph that has knowledge of the entire series, and attempts to change things for the better.

Chapter One

My name is Chad. Your average 14 year old Animorphs fanatic. I eat, sleep, and dream Animorphs. Lately I've been dreaming Animorphs more often. At least, I think it's a dream. One night I went to bed after reading the last Animorphs book, and then I had a dream that I was in their universe. When I go to sleep in that universe, it's like I'm dreaming that I'm back home. I'm not even sure how it happened, or which reality is real anymore.

I remember first appearing in this reality at the notorious construction site. It was getting dark, and I wandered around for a few minutes not knowing where I was. Then I saw them. Five kids my age, that looked almost like I had always imagined them, walking through the site. I must have looked as strange to them as they did to me.

"What are you looking at?" Rachel asked.

Oh my god! She's talking to me! Say something! "I'm sorry. I was just captivated by your beauty." That sounds like something Marco would say. Well, he always was my favorite character.

Rachel turned to Marco and said, "He sounds like you."

"I like him already. Waht's your name, Red?"

"Chad." I said. People always call me red because of my hair. I guess these guys would be no different, even if they are fictional. Of course they would say it, since this is an obvious dream.

"Look." Tobias sai, staring at the sky.

"What?" Jake asked apprehensively. Probably thinking a chainsaw killer was about to pounce on all of us.

"Just look."

Everyone, including me, looked up to see what could only be Elfangor's fighter.

"It's a flying saucer!" Cassie yelled.

Part of me wanted to scream "Elfangor! It's Elfangor! Yay!!" The other part of me wanted to scream "Visser Three is coming! Run! AAAHH!" But I just stared in awe with the rest of them as they talked and the ship came down. Have you ever seen some anime, where a character gets tense and their hair sticks up like a cat's? I always laughed at that, but to be honest I had anime hair at that moment. For the love of all that's good, don't act like you recognize what he is when he comes out. He will totally kill you!

After it landed, Tobias started talking. Saying he wouldn't hurt the alien if it came out. Elfangor said he knew, and upon hearing thoughtspeech the Ani fan in my was in heaven. I had never had an Animorphs dream this vivid! It would have been so perfect, if that little voice in the back of my head didn't keep reminding me of Visser Three. I walked forward as he came out, and caught him when he stumbled. Everyone looked shocked as I held Elfangor, and eased him down. I was kind of shocked too, holding an Andalite. His injuries kind of hit home, as I felt blood soak into my clothes.

"He's going to die." I said.

"No. We can save him." Cassie said. "Jake, give me your shirt so I can make bandages."

<No. I will die.>

"You can't die! You're the first alien to come to Earth." Jake said.

<I am not the first. There are others.>

He told the group what I already knew. Then he asked jake to go get the box, and we all got morphing power. Heaven was then shattered, and sent to Hell when the bugfighters came. We all hid there, and I found myself wanting to wake up. I sat behind that wall, massagging my temples, and telling myself to wake up. Cassie laid her hand on my shoulder. Good old Cassie. You always seem to know just what to do. I forgive you for what you did towards the end.

I heard the door to the bladeship open, and the Hork-Bajir came out. I peeked over the wall. "Oh my god, the Hork-Bajir are scarier than I thought." I muttered.

<Hork-Bajir Controllers.>

"Hey. How did that guy know?" Rachel asked, pointing to me.

I hunkered down as they came. But not just because of the Hork-Bajir. I really didn't want to see Elfangor's fate with my own eyes. when Visser Three morphed, and ate Elfangor, someone puked. I knew instantly what would happen next. "Everyone run!" I said in a loud whisper. The Horks came, and we all bolted in multiple directions. I ran as far as I could, and I think I cried some. I found a hole, and crouched there. I knew that it was just a nightmare. If I closed my eyes, and stayed still, it would end and I would wake up. Just don't think about it. go to "sleep" within the dream.

And it worked. I woke up in my bed, wearing pajamas again, where I had worn regular clothes during the dream. "That was weird." I said, as I got up to go to the bathroom. I went through my day as normal, and almost completely forgot about the vivid dream. When I went back to sleep, though, it started again. I woke up on some hole, and my body ached from sleeping uncomfortably all night. It was morning, and something inside of me knew something was wrong.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Animorphs: Alternate Reality
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 02:41:17 PM »
Chapter Two

After walking around a bit, I found myself back at the site. Suddenly I remembered about the box. It had to still be there, so I looked around for it. After I finally found it, and looked at it, I came to realize that it wasn't a dream. See, there was never a picture of the box in the series. Nor of the Andalite writing. Something that looked and felt so real could not have been created in my mind. I still had the bloodstain on my shirt, and I covered it up with dirt. Better a controller see a bid dirt stain than Andalite blood.

What am I going to do with this thing? I thought as I tucked the box under my shirt. I found some plastic to wrap it up in, and decided to stick it back in the hole. There. Now I should have another couple of years to decide where alse I can put you. There were crows around, and I knew I'd need a flying morph to find Cassie's barn. That's where everyone would meet up today. What Cassie doesn't know won't hurt her. I thought as I stunned a bird with a rock. After acquiring it, I placed it somewhere that it wouldn't get stepped on, or grabbed by some dog. Then I morphed.

I suppose the crow was kind of like a seagull. It wanted to eat just about anything, including roadkill. Since I hadn't eaten breakfast, I decided to indulge a little and eat some slightly fresh pizza out of a dumpster. Eventually I found Cassie's barn, though it took longer than two hours. Rachel was chilling out while a horse ran around outside the pen. I saw Tobias as well. I demorphed in the back of the barn, and came around with nothing on but shorts. With a little concentration, I can get the most important article of clothing on, at least.

"Hey Rachel." I said as I came around.

"What? Oh, it's you. Hey. How did you find this place?"

"Uh, I flew around a lot until I saw you. I figured I'd say hi." I said. I didn't know how to explain my existance here, since I didn't even understand myself.

"Check this out." She said, and handed me a newspaper. I knew what she wanted me to notice.

"Fireworks, huh? What better to do after eating someone than shooting off some fireworks to celebrate?"

"He still sounds like you, Marco."

Jake showed up soon afterwards, and I passed it to him. He was in disbelief about it, as anyone of them would be.

"The policemen are contollers, and they're looking for us." I said.

"Ding ding ding!" Marco said.

"If they've infiltrated the police, who knows how many others? teachers, the government, people on TV?" Rachel said.

"Math teachers for sure." Marco said.

"You can't trust anyone. If any controller finds out, they'll take it to Visser Three. Then you'll be infested." I said.

"Hey, why should we have to deal with this? I say we just forget it, and deal with our own lives. You may think I'm a weasel, but I don't care. If I get killed or something,my dad will flat out die. He's only hanging in there because of me."

"It's ok Marco. I know how you feel." I said.

"Yeah? How do you know? What do you know about any of us?" Marco said.

"Hey, that's right! He knew what those bladed monsters were before the Andalite told us." Rachel said, and rose to her feet. Everyone just stared at me like I was an alien.

"Look, guys. Please remain calm."

"He's one of them. He has to be." Tobias said. All three of them took a step back. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a horse. It was Cassie for sure.

"I'm not a controller. If I was, you'd already be infested. It's already been several hours since then."

"So explain yourself!" Rachel yelled.

"I can't. The best I could tell you is that I'm from an alternate reality, where things happening now have already happened."

"Well, we're already deep into the unbelievable as it is." Jake said. "So where is Cassie?"

I looked over to the horse, who had walked closer. "That would be Cassie. It would be best if you stay like that for a few more minutes, though." I said as kindly as I could.

"Who are you to tell her what she can and can't do?" Rachel asked.

"I'm just asking her to do us all a favor and not demorph yet." I said, and right on time I heard the police car.

"The police!" Tobias said.

"Ok, he couldn't have known that." Rachel said to the group. The cop got out and addressed all of us.

"Hello kids. I'm making inquiries about something that happened last night. Some kids shot off fireworks in the construction site, which is dangerous. So we want these kids badly."

"I don't know anything about it." Jake said.

"Hey, you look like a young fellow I know named Tom, from the Sharing. I'm one of the Adult supervisors."

"Yeah, Tom is my brother."

"You and your friends should come to a meeting. It's a lot of fun."

"He invited me already, actually."

Finally, he got back into the car and left. He did give me a weird look beforehand, though. Maybe because I was dressed to swim in nothing but tight shorts.

"Okay, we have to keep this a secret from everyone." Rachel said.

"Yeah." Cassie said as she demorphed. "I almost blew our cover, except, um, that guy stopped me."

"What is your name, anyway?" Jake asked.

"Chad."

"So how did you morph clothing, Cassie? It didn't work with Tobias and me."

"It takes practice, and only skin tight clothes work. Which reminds me, Chad is wearing some tight shorts. And nothing else."

"Yeah, I'm just glad I was able to do this much."

"Me too." Rachel said.

"So, who wants to go swimming?"

"Stop that!" Rachel again.

"I have a question." Cassie said. "If you're from the future, then do we win?"

"Well, we should. I mean, some things have already been changed, but hopefully we will still win. And everyone will live."

"So are we going to do this, or not?" Tobias asked.

"What? Go swimming?" Marco asked.

"No. Fight the Yeerks."

"I thought I already said we shouldn't this is way over our heads!"

"Let's take a vote." Jake said. Marco voted no, Rachel and Tobias voted yes, and Cassie voted we think about it. Then they turned to me. It was a little surprising, and kind of flattering.

"I say we wait a bit and think about it. Let's go to The Sharing, and you'll see what you're up against.

"What do you mean?" Jake asked.

"I mean that The sharing is a front organization for the Yeerks. All full members are controllers. every single one of them." I aimed that last question directly at Jake. Hinting the dark truth that Tom was a controller.

We all split ways after that. I wasn't sure if I should hang out with one of them or not. I knew them so well, but they knew nothing about me. I spent the day at the beach, since I knew that's where the Sharing meeting would be. I met the others there, and hung out. Jake went to investigate a full members meeting, and I stopped Cassie from going to check on him. Much to Rachel's disgust. Cassie was her best friend, and Jake was the unofficial leader. So who was I to tell any of them anything. I simply tried to be as nice and friendly as I could, but firm at the same time.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Animorphs: Alternate Reality
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 01:14:43 PM »
Chapter Three

Tobias talking like his Human form was a prison reminded me of him getting trapped in hawk form. I had always wondered if getting trapped was on purpose or not, but I felt like doing something about it. After convincing Cassie to not snoop around, I pulled Tobias aside.

"I know you really like being a hawk, Tobias."

"It's awesome. It really is."

"Yeah. You might believe being that way forever might be better than the life you have now."

"Well...I guess the thought did occur to me. But the others might not like it."

"Just try to think on it before doing something you may regret. Hawks are lower on the food chain than Humans. Plus there are the instincts. Being like that all the time means those instincts are there all the time."

"Oh. You're right. Maybe I should be more careful."

"Your choice, man. Yours alone."

Jake came back later, somewhat depressed. Not surprising, since his borhter was a controller, and he heard Tom's voice mention the option of killing him. He demorphed and told everyone the news.

"Chapman said they should wait until the kids start talking about aliens. Then the controllers will get them." Jake said.

"Except we aren't going to talk. We're going to forget everything we saw and get on with our lives." Marco said.

"And leave my brother as he is? No way. We're going to rescue him."

"What can you do alone? Morph a dog and bite the enemy's ankles?"

"He's not alone. I'm with him." Rachel said.

"Me too." Cassie and Tobias said.

"Swell. So you're the fantastic four. What about you, Chad?"

"Oh sure. Nothing better to do."

"Except stay alive, have fun, and stay alive. Did I mention staying alive?"

I heard noises as the full member meeting broke up.

"We'll let this ride for now." Jake said. Obviously just to calm Marco down. He took Cassie to the side, which would lead to him morphing a lizard. The rest of us went our separate ways. I knew we were going to the pool, and I knew we would need battle morphs. Both thoughts made me nervous. With nothing else do do, besides having fun, I flew out to the gardens the next morning. I had tried eating a lot in my deminsion to see if it effected my hunger in this one, but it didn't work. So I figured I'd have to use a morph to get fresh food. I was a country boy, with a family of hunters, so the thought didn't completely creep me out.

Anyway, I eventually found the gardens and thought about what I should get. What could I add to the group? Close ranged combat was down, due to Ax and Jake. Marco had strong hands. Rachel had power. Cassie had endurance and keen smell. I suppose a tank wouldn't hurt. Thick hide, with a battering ram for a head. I landed right behind a large Rhino that was standing behind cover to avoid tourist notice. I demorphed as quuietly as possible, and just barely touched it with one finger to aquire it while in mid morph. Then I was gone before the beast knew anything. Rhinos have bad eyesight, but hopefully Ax or Tobias could be my eyes in most cases.

Next was another battle morph. A somewhat tought hide. Dangerous from the front and behind. Strongest jaws in the animal world. able to move swiftly through water and over land. That crocodile that rachel wound up being allergic to was sunbathing, and no one was watching. I could tell he was fine with nit moving, because he had a fly moving around on his eye. I used the same tactic with the Rhino, except it was a little riskier because I couldn't hide behind its body. Still, I escaped with hardly a notice. How is it that this always seemed to work out fine? I wondered as I remorphed. Unfortunately, the croc then decided it wanted lunch. If takeoff had been a split second later, I would have lost more than my rear end! "Caww!" See, that's more realistic! Ouch.

I spent some time wondering how I was going to deal with the multiheaded, fire breathing, spider monster Visser Three was going to morph. I couldn't think of anything that was resistant to fireballs. Maybe if I morphed a snake and poisoned it. How long would it take for the poison to work? Would it work at all? How would I keep from being eaten or trampled? Too many ifs. I thought. I'll just work with the rhino.

Ani-Master 2014!