Author Topic: Favorite Animorph  (Read 18724 times)

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
Re: Favorite Animorph
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2008, 01:01:49 AM »
1 applaud for filmstu2005, coming up.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2008, 12:26:41 PM »
I love that theory, filmstu. Just one question:

What about the scene in TAC where Elfangor sees his son, his brother and four other timelines joining up? Did the Ellimist see the opportunity before most of them had even been born since he transcends the space-time continuum?

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline nothlitlifestyles

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2008, 06:24:51 PM »
I had to go with Tobias just because to me he was a strong individual, I mean once he was given the choice to go human and be stuck, even if you say he wanted to be a hawk more than human he still always had a chance a way out something that no one would have looked down on him for to leave the war and he never did.

Second I'd have to go with Marco, he seemed exactly like how I feel I would have acted always just as willing as the rest but complaining and cracking jokes the whole way, not to mention he really was smart about things, I have a feeling without him the others would have been caught doing something dumb like talking about things on the phone or in school or not thinking plans through all the way before even, say... book seven ever happened.

Next would have to be Rachel. Well untill the end when she started being degraded and brought down to some ruthless heartless killer, I never really liked that. She became this one dimensional character you were made to believe just loved to kill. It was a little much.

Jake would come after that. I really dont even know why. Especially at the end when I still feel he sent Rachel in to die strictly for his own personal vendetta against the yeerk in Tom's head. I hold that against him. I mean the blade ship still got away the only difference was that Tom and Rachel died, thats all that changed. Plus if he planned on shooting down the blade ship anyways if it werent for Erek then what was the point of rachel being there, he just sent her in to die.

Then would be Ax just because he cracked me up. Crack-uh-duh. I loved it. He would be higher on my list if everytime he ran into andalites he wasnt so quick to sell out the animorphs, or in the end when he considered betraying them so his andalites could come "quarantine" Earth.

And lastly is most certainly Cassie. I just never liked her. Constantly saying how terrible what they are doing is and sympathizing with the yeerks. She puts all of her friends in danger multiple times just because she morally doesnt feel right about it.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 01:29:53 AM by nothlitlifestyles »

Offline sherrilina

• Jake/Cassie ftw!
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2008, 09:38:04 PM »
Definitely Jake--always was, and always will be.  I always liked him the most when I was reading the books--I liked his personality, his situation, his relationship with Cassie, etc, and his utterly tragic arc at the end just made me feel for the guy and be interested in him all the more.  I remember when getting a MM2 book for example I specifically wanted the Jake one, since he was my favorite character.  I even had a little crush on him back then! ;) 

After Jake, the order of characters is more tricky, though it'd probably Cassie, Ax, Tobias, Marco, Rachel.  Cassie I could identify most with I think, and J/C was my OTP of the series, and I loved Ax and Marco's humor, even if they (especially Marco) could be annoying at times.  As for Rachel, I just never was all that interested in her character--her belligerence irritated me a lot as well, and I could never identify all that much with her. *shrug*  Though really even Rachel I still like, just not as much as the others....

If David is to be included he'd come DEAD last, I could never stand him, and hated that whole trilogy!

Especially at the end when I still feel he sent Rachel in to die strictly for his own personal vendetta against the yeerk in Tom's head. I hold that against him

I don't think so--he did it because it was necessary.  They couldn't let the Blade ship get away and conquer new races, as Cassie pointed out--not in good conscience.  They were too dangerous, and they didn't know Erek would do what he did.  So yeah, it was poorly planned and executed perhaps, but it was part of important strategy, not vengeance--after all, he was killing his brother as well, which I don't think he'd do just to get revenge on the Yeerk within his head....
"Cassie is quieter than Rachel, more peaceful, like she always understands everything on some different, more mystical level.  I guess you could say I kind of like Cassie......"

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2008, 09:40:33 PM »
If David is to be included he'd come DEAD last, I could never stand him, and hated that whole trilogy!

Hating David I can understand, but the whole trilogy!?  :o Is that possible!?

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2008, 09:43:05 PM »
Them not knowing what erek would do was a big part of my point. They had planned on firing at the blade ship. And surely he knew that rachel by herself was not going to bring down a whole ship from the inside.

Offline sherrilina

• Jake/Cassie ftw!
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2008, 09:50:48 PM »

Hating David I can understand, but the whole trilogy!?  :o Is that possible!?
Yep.  I couldn't believe it when I saw how much people admired/revered it online!  Sure, there was some excitement, but overall I just found David and the whole situation to be extremely irritating, and just didn't like the story much--they were not my favorite books....

Maybe on a re-read I'd change my mind (like with #54), but from what I remember I wasn't too fond of them at the time....*shrug*
"Cassie is quieter than Rachel, more peaceful, like she always understands everything on some different, more mystical level.  I guess you could say I kind of like Cassie......"

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2008, 09:54:08 PM »
damn, the david trilogy is my favorite of the series and i absolutely loved davids character, to each his own i guess, oh wells
random thought, i kinda wish they had done another trilogy, the megamorphs were kinda cooler longer stories but the trilogy was something else

I think ive gotta stick with marco, good man, good outlook on life but at the same time a really tragic story and one of the deeper characters

my official list is
marco, rachel, jake, tobias, ax, cassie
but they are all really close and it can change easily based on whos book i last read, cause they all seem to throw a great outlook to their character

Offline Reaper

• I seal my promises with a fist...
    • FictionPress - Reaper
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2008, 11:05:02 PM »
Favourite character would have to be Rachel. I just love how she becomes more and more brutal throughout the series, and I've always been a somewhat violent person myself. Always one to throw myself into the middle of a fight. That, and she uses a Grizzly Bear as a battle morph. There's just something about being able to crush someones head with your own jaws.

Offline filmstu2005

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2008, 01:13:00 AM »
I love that theory, filmstu. Just one question:

What about the scene in TAC where Elfangor sees his son, his brother and four other timelines joining up? Did the Ellimist see the opportunity before most of them had even been born since he transcends the space-time continuum?

Lol. That would definitely make him omnipresent wouldn't it? I remember that scene. I dont think the Ellimist knows the definite future. But he can surely guess and see the possibilities like in that scene of those timeline drawings. But i do believe he transcends the space-time continuum which made that amalgam of timelines possible.

Thats still a tough question though

Wasnt he the one who created the Time Matrix? Giving anyone the power to travel back in time. (I dont remember, could it be used to go forward as well?)

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2008, 01:27:31 AM »
I'm not really sure that the time matrix really sends you forward or backwards in time. Thats what always confused me is that it just seems to make whatever you want. Remember the Andalite chronicles when Elfangor and Loren went back to earth and he told her to imagine a world just like her own but everyone expected her to be 18. I mean in that aspect it would seem they created some whole other universe as opposed to just going back to before she was taken by the skrit na.

Offline filmstu2005

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2008, 01:31:04 AM »
So in other words, the time matrix is just a time disrupter giving its master absolute power over time/space?

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2008, 01:34:07 AM »
So in other words, the time matrix is just a time disrupter giving its master absolute power over time/space?

That was my understanding of it yes. I mean obviously it could be used just to go backwards or forwards as well because thats how it was used in the megamorphs book. Always thought it was funny that he could have just imagined a world where things had happened the way he wanted them to have without going back and doing all the dirty work.

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2008, 01:35:42 AM »
i would have to go for Tobias because i relate most to him because we r kinda both loners

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline crystalclear

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2008, 05:20:12 AM »
Nobody likes Jake? He's my favorite guy. I don't know, I guess I just like calm guys, and 'guys in charge' ;D