Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 346192 times)

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #9930 on: August 22, 2010, 10:48:04 PM »
Al received Salem's message and rolled his eyes. Subtlety was apparently not part of Salem's vocabulary. He stopped what he'd been doing, straightening up the collection of junk in Salem's ship, and walked over to the controls of the ship.

I am so not used to controlling this thing through a body, he thought.

The ship's landing gear retracted, but it did not gain altitude. Hovering a few feet above the ground, it began to drift lazily towards Temrash's ship.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #9931 on: August 23, 2010, 05:29:34 AM »
Tamora follows The Director outside, her eyes sweeping their surroundings for any signs of life. When they stop in front of what looks like a slightly modified Bug Fighter she turns her attention to it, eying it suspiciously.

"Does it have an adequate Z-Space drive?" she asks, "and...is this a normal Bug? I've never seen one with two doors."

----

"That's a big large, but it'll work," Terenia says, pulling the boots on and tucking the too-short pant legs into them. She checks herself over, making sure that everything is in the right place before giving a satisfied nod.

"Alright," she says, "Now what?"

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #9932 on: August 23, 2010, 07:57:35 AM »
Silver followed him out. She walked fairly steady. The only sign anything had happened was she look sleepy and a little dazed. In any case her mind was on Parker. She was grateful he was always there when her life seemed ro climb a mountaon and crunmble to the ground.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #9933 on: August 23, 2010, 08:33:16 AM »
(Sorry, didn't mean to vanish. The net connection at home stinks. I'm at Starbucks right now. Free wi-fi for the win!)

Asda and Fletcher were working furiously at the counter for the serum when Asda let out an uncharacteristic cheer.

"That's it!" she exclaimed. "The counter. Let's mix it up and hope we're not too late."

Andromeda had lapsed into unconsciousness. No one had been brave enough to peer under Gaz's jacket, which was still being used as a blanket, to see if any changes had begun to take place.

"Once this is done," Asda said, "I want to move her back into the sick bay."

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #9934 on: August 23, 2010, 06:27:07 PM »
Parker shortened his stride so that Silver could keep up with him easily. As he walked up to the building, he visually scanned who was inside. He noticed Terenia had not yet returned to the bar, so she must still be in the ship. He stopped and leaned against the outside wall just aside the front entrance to the bar.

He saw the space that Myitt's ship was at. He checked to see if the ship was still there by activating his IR vision. Once he saw it still stood, he returned to normal viewing. He decided to post up here. It would be away from the hustle of Andromeda's drama, and give him lots of room to move around in case anyone came for Terenia.

If Terenia re-entered the bar, Parker would automatically enter first and stay by the door on the inside to keep an eye on the patrons' behavior towards her.

((Teach, if you have T enter the bar while I'm away please RP that Parker entered first and stood inside by the doorway, scanning the crowd. I'd appreciate it.))

The Director smiled and simply answered both questions with his one, "Nope."

He withdrew a small golden key from his trench coat pocket. He placed it inside a keyhole that was flush to the door. To anyone else it would’ve seemed like a ding in the paintjob. He turned the key, opened the door and skirted his way in. He left the door slightly ajar so Tamora could follow. The door was open just enough to see a bright light, but no detail from the outside.

Inside the ship, it seemed like a huge metallic cavern. It was almost cylindrical in shape, except the walls bowed inward near the roof; almost like standing in the bottom half of a huge metallic hourglass. The dimensions looked nothing like anything that could possibly fit inside of a Bug Fighter. The walls were an old, rusted gold color in panels; each with four hexagonal holes, almost like portholes, in a grid centered in the panel. Branching out from the ceiling, were strange columns/beams that almost looked like coral. They had the same aged golden color as the walls, but they looked and felt like coral. There were five columns spread out evenly around the room. They obviously supported the roof, but also they branched outward to the walls to hold up a metal walkway that circled the room. The floor was a metal grating, a metal flooring could be seen underneath about four feet down.

Directly in the center of the room was a console built around a fiberglass tube that extended up to the ceiling. It shone a bright, pale, green light. The console’s frame consisted of the same material that made the columns. It had six transparent panels that had the same light exuding from underneath. Strewn about each panel was an assortment of strange objects: levers, buttons, switches, plugs, and ports.

((If my words weren’t enough:
[spoiler=TARDIS interior]

[/spoiler]))
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #9935 on: August 23, 2010, 10:08:52 PM »
((Bear with me guys in the next few days--my posts might not get in until like, late evening at this rate.  Ah, but there are always weekends... ;D))

Myitt glances at Corliss, who shrugs. 

"Reckon we should see how Hadrin's doing," he replies.  "Poor bloke, he's so quiet, you could almost forget about him."

"Yeah, well I wouldn't," Myitt says, and she hiccups loudly, covering her mouth in surprise.  She clears her throat.  "Wow.  Um.  Yes.  Because he did quite a lot to help us in the last few days.  We couldn't have brought Tamora here without him." 

She considers this, then looks at Terenia.  "Maybe that wouldn't have been such a bad thing, after all," she adds grimly.  Myitt takes out her comm link and dials in a secure code to try and reach Hadrin's link.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #9936 on: August 23, 2010, 11:00:35 PM »
Silver's mind wandered from parker to random points in her past to her mother's new condition and then full circle back to Parker once more. She seemed a little slower and her eyes would dull in luster and color when she thought of her mother's pain and would brighten at the thought of Parker being there both times she had fallen.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #9937 on: August 24, 2010, 02:59:45 AM »
((Hmm...I'm getting somewhat lost...))
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #9938 on: August 24, 2010, 05:55:28 AM »
((the situation hasn't changed much, Luke. As far as you're concerned, Temrash, Hadrin and Salem are still on Temrash's ship where Keshin is being kept prisoner. They're holding off on doing anything else until you post (they're waiting for you to board).

On that note....I will post later tonight. My posts are likely going to be limited to once or twice a day from here on out, except on weekends.))

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #9939 on: August 24, 2010, 12:35:18 PM »
Gaz looked up and saw Silver. "Silver!" she shounted. "Asda and Fletcher have figured out the counter! They just have to whip it up!"

"Not much longer," Asda said, "but these measurements have to be precise."

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9940 on: August 24, 2010, 12:42:37 PM »
((Gaz, Silver's outside of the bar next to Parker. They hadn't entered yet.

Teach, if you have Terenia enter the bar while I'm away please RP that Parker entered first and stood inside by the doorway, scanning the crowd. I'd appreciate it. ))

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #9941 on: August 24, 2010, 09:11:55 PM »
((will do, Parker))

"Alright," Terenia says, although she looks a little uneasy about the idea of finding this Hadrin fellow. She does not know him, although they very well might have passed by one another every day aboard the Blade Ship, and he worked for years under the Yeerk that controlled Tamora. That likely didn't bode well for Terenia, regardless of Hadrin's alliances. He might, Terenia thinks, try to kill me just for all the trouble I've indirectly caused.

<<Why don't you just save the entire galaxy the trouble and kill yourself?>> Efaen asks, her thoughts glum. She had been hoping sincerely for Myitt to make Terenia's life miserable once her betrayal had been revealed. Not kill her, exactly, as she needed the child, but certainly make her unhappy.

Terenia ignores Efaen, still angry with her for allowing Corliss to find out in the first place. Instead, she adjusts her holster so that it sits more comfortably around her waist. The only really noticable difference between Terenia and Tamora at this point would be the fact that Terenia's holster's have weapons in them. Her sister is still weaponless as a result of her kidnapping.

"Where to?" Terenia asks with a strained smile.

----

"This is...not what I expected..." Tamora says, following The Director in and looking around in relative awe. "How...what manner of ship is this? Certainly it is not Yeerk craft. Or Andalite, for that matter."

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9942 on: August 24, 2010, 09:21:24 PM »
((Thanks, you're awesome.))

The Director smiled a goofy grin. "I told ya," he says as he messes with the center console, "it's not a Bug Fighter. It's called a TARDIS: Time And Relative Demensions In Space. This baby can get you anywhere in any universe you want to go. I have to say though, your new universe sounds like a fun place to explore."

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #9943 on: August 24, 2010, 09:40:34 PM »
((Yeah, we really can't do much of anything until Luke posts. My post with Mar agreeing to follow Ossanlin still stands. Well, Al could get the ball rolling if he wants to. :D Bar's been crazy slow. )=  ))

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9944 on: August 24, 2010, 09:42:20 PM »
((Yeah, school sucks.))