Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333668 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #14820 on: March 18, 2011, 03:31:15 PM »
Corliss squares Serid's jaw as Temrash goes on and on, berating him and insulting Terenia.  

"Now, wait just a minute," he snarls, stepping towards Temrash. "Under what authority do you reckon--"

He stops suddenly, wincing at the sharp crack of Ossanlin's tail.  

<<Fantastic,>> Corliss mutters gloomily.  <<Now I'm being told off by him as well.  Can you believe this Temrash bloke?  Honestly, what gives him the right to interfere with our affairs?>>

As Ossanlin moves off again and Terenia follows, Corliss steps hurriedly in their direction.

He is blocked by Temrash, and Corliss glares up at him.

"What good will I be to her if I'm stuck in a pool?" he snaps.  "I want to help, not sit aside idly.  I've agreed to take this host only temporarily, but I should reckon I at least have the right to see that Terenia has some support through a decision such as this one.  For Christ's sake, man, this could harm her as much as it could help her!"  His eyes narrow to slits.  "Now would you please stand aside and let me act as the only bloody person in this place with any sympathy for the girl?"

Mike sighs.  <<You'd better get used to it,>> he says wearily.  <<There aren't many breaks in our line of work, unless you call this some sort of twisted holiday.>>  He tries to move his eyes back toward the little group.  <<Is Corliss still behind us?>>

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14821 on: March 18, 2011, 03:37:54 PM »
"And why do you care for her so much? Tell me what she's done to make you trust her with your own host. Why should I even care for her? Why don't you let me in on your big secret, Corliss, because I don't see it." Temrash said, not letting him run after her. "The last time she was allowed to make a decision on her own with no one to stop her, someone died."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #14822 on: March 18, 2011, 03:41:41 PM »
Terenia glances back over Mike's shoulder at the crowd, trying to locate Corliss. At first she doesn't see him, a jolt of fear rushing through her, but then she realizes that she is looking for Serid, not Mike. She spots him quickly enough.

<Looks like Temrash is keeping him from following,> Terenia says, turning back around and continuing after Ossanlin. <Big surprise there. He'll catch up. Corliss is smarter than that overgrown lizard.>

<Yes,> Efaen says in agreement. <Perhaps we should start at the bar proper.>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #14823 on: March 18, 2011, 03:53:53 PM »
From eavesdropping on Temrash and Corliss's heated conversation, it is not difficult for Illim to start putting together at least a few aspects of Terenia's tangled story. It's enough, at least, to inform him that he is not the only one who has had an Andalite host, that she killed her own sister, and that she and Corliss have some kind of strange romantic relationship. It is not unheard of for Yeerks with hosts of the same species, of course, but it's rare. And it must have been doubly awkward, Illim reckons, considering Terenia's host had probably only been in human morph.

Still, he stays out of it, a dozen feet away from the arguing pair. So long as Serid is safe, he has no reason to step in.

Serid finds himself in agreement with Corliss regarding Temrash, but as he does not know enough of the situation to make an informed statement, he does not respond. He is certainly not happy to hear that Corliss is still intent on following after Terenia with his body. How does he think he can be of service to her now? It must have something to do with his attraction for her, he thinks.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #14824 on: March 18, 2011, 04:26:24 PM »
Ossanlin continues to trot away, noticing Terenia following.  He sighs, nonplussed.  First she couldn't get away from him fast enough, now she won't leave him alone apparently.  He sees Corliss attempting to follow as well, being held back by Temrash.  Mar has yet to move...he'd hoped the being would follow, he wanted to chat more with him.  Ossanlin also notices Efaen and Claxter...that at least was a bit of a welcome sight.  Perhaps Claxter would help Efaen find her way back into the Andalite style.  Claxter begins to approach, but then turns back and both enter the woods together.  Ossanlin smiles a bit to himself and continues to trot toward the tree-line.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14825 on: March 18, 2011, 04:33:12 PM »
Claxter took Efaen's advice, and headed towards the building. Wehn he entered, he noted that most everyone was having a conversation. except, of course, the mute bartender. He figured he might be able to get around that.

<Hello Bartender. We're looking for a Taxxon. If you've seen one, could you tell us which way it went, and write down what time it left?>

The bartender wrote down a time, and pointed out the back.

<Thank you. Hmm. This was a little while ago. Hopefully it hasn't gone too far.> He said, as he started heading down the back hall.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #14826 on: March 18, 2011, 05:03:11 PM »
<That's true,> Terenia sighs, looking back towards them. She really dreads the idea of going back into that crowd. <Should we go back for him? I don't know how much help I'll be. I tend to make situations worse, if you haven't noticed. Maybe I should just go back to the pool. Clearly I'm not wanted out here.>

She sighs, pushing forward. If she can just get Ossanlin alone for a few minutes...

"Ossanlin! Wait up!" She breaks into a jog, ignoring the pang of guilt regarding Corliss.

Efaen follows Claxter, who seems to know exactly what he is doing. She has barely entered the bar herself and he is heading for the back door. Casting a suspicious gaze around the mostly unoccupied room she follows.

<I take it you discovered something of importance?>
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 05:43:35 PM by Terenia [Teach] »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14827 on: March 18, 2011, 05:07:10 PM »
<Yes, a Taxxon came through an hour ago.> He said, checking some back rooms. Some of the stuff had been disturbed by the scavenger, but he wasn't here. He went outside and looked for tracks, but what might be there had been walked over by other occupants. <If I were a Taxxon, I'd be looking for the easiest source of food. Probably making friends with the first person to ask questions before shooting.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #14828 on: March 18, 2011, 05:15:26 PM »
"That's exactly it, you don't have to care about her," Corliss sneers up at Temrash.  "She's not your problem, and she's not your responsibility, either.  You're not the bloody bouncer in this club, you know.  Now will you move out of the way?  She won't have anyone to babysit her, remember?"

He can sense Serid's irritation, and his suspicion, but all he says to him as he sucks in a breath is, <<Sorry, mate.  Let's hope this works.>>

With a scowl he attempts to brush past Temrash and follow Terenia.

<<Smarter, yes.  Stronger?  Not so much,>> says Mike worriedly.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14829 on: March 18, 2011, 05:22:52 PM »
Temrash moved in front of him. "Ok pal. Let's try it from a different angle. What was Reven planning to do with her once she got to the base? Was it let her roam around without supervision because her buddy Corliss said it was ok? Or was it keeping her contained until everyone was sure she wouldn't fly off the handle because she wasn't getting her way? You're not responsible enough to watch her, and if you really want me to back off, why don't you call Reven and get his say on it? He's your superior, right? I don't trust you, so let's take it to a little higher authority."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #14830 on: March 18, 2011, 05:26:34 PM »
The Cursed Pride landed once more outside the Space Bar. It was unknown why the Captain and crew had departed in such a hurry.

A hatchway on the ship opened up and Odysseus Morgan, the captain of The Cursed Pride, strode angrily down the walkway. To those new to the bar in the time of his absense, Morgan would be a strange sight. He was a seven foot tall, dark brown minotaur. Brown trousers came to just below his knees, and even though it wasn't really necessary he wore a dark green shirt that closed up the front as the horns would be hard to navigate.

Morgan stormed into the bar and walked up to the bar for a drink. Behind him raced a young woman, about age 25. She was near 6 feet in height, had light hair with purple streaks. Her outfit consisted of dark trousers, a light shirt and a blue long coat in the style of the golden age pirates.

"Morgan!" she said, trying to catch up. "Asda will find a way to stop this. You'll have nothing to worry about."

"Easy for you to say," Morgan grumbled as he slammed some money on the bar and nodded to the bartender for a drink.

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #14831 on: March 18, 2011, 05:28:03 PM »
Corliss snarls in frustration as the big Hork-Bajir Controller blocks his way.

"He's my superior, and he's my brother, and he's already cleared Terenia's admittance," he says, fuming.  "Whatever else comes of it is our business, and none of yours.  Take whatever meaning from that as you will."

He hastily pushes past Temrash, stalking off toward Ossanlin and Terenia.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14832 on: March 18, 2011, 05:31:21 PM »
"You're avoiding my questions." He said, grabbing for Serid's collar. Hopefully he wouldn't get shot in the back for it. "You haven't given me a straight answer yet. You're so angry at me, but you won't talk to me. You just keep telling me I should leave it to you, without explaining anything. I want some answers!"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #14833 on: March 18, 2011, 05:37:09 PM »

Efaen leaves the bar, looking around the back area. <That is all well, but there are not many people around at the moment. Everyone appears to be either engaged within the bar or in the shipyard. I have seen no Taxxons.>
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 05:43:46 PM by Terenia [Teach] »

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #14834 on: March 18, 2011, 05:45:09 PM »
<Yes, now I most certainly do not like him. Or you,> Serid growls in irritation to Corliss.

"Hey, were you not listening before?" Illim demands, striding towards Temrash and seizing his Dracon again. Derrel's voice is as low- and dangerous-sounding as Illim can possibly make it. "I thought you understood: don't touch my host. Got it?"
Aluminator's RAFsister