Author Topic: How did Ax learn English?  (Read 9164 times)

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
Re: How did Ax learn English?
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2008, 01:26:49 AM »
in 38 i thought it said that ax saw visser 3 becoming the kaffit?
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2008, 01:33:45 AM »
uh no. he only morphed kafit in #18.

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2008, 02:02:44 AM »
im too lazy to dig out y #38. but 1 of these days ill look for the part where visser 3 morphs and figure it out
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2008, 10:46:25 AM »
Logically, the chips would have to be sent to Zero Space, otherwise their heads would explode if they morphed an animal with a small head. Perhaps the Andalites constructed the chips so that they would be sent to Zero Space when they morphed, in order to prevent such accidents happening. This would explain why the shark chips didn't end up in Zero Space, since the Yeerks obviously wouldn't design the chips with morphing in mind.

I suppose this could be linked with the question of how Alloran's body (and Jake when he was a Controller) was able to morph small animals with a Yeerk in his head. Since the Yeerk is made of living tissue, I suppose the morphing process must transfer the Yeerk's mass into Zero Space along with any excess mass from the host body.

It might work in the same way that humans can morph skin-tight clothes. So anything close to or inside their body just morphs along with them. Maybe.
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2008, 11:04:37 AM »
Don't forget, though, that any time they get shot, the bullets work their ways out of the Animorphs' bodies as they demorph. The chip might suffer the same risk, unless it is in some way incorporated into the morphing technology, and therefore recognized as DNA-based, even though it isn't.
Sorta' like the morphing suits, I guess.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2008, 06:38:32 PM »
Logically, the chips would have to be sent to Zero Space, otherwise their heads would explode if they morphed an animal with a small head. Perhaps the Andalites constructed the chips so that they would be sent to Zero Space when they morphed, in order to prevent such accidents happening. This would explain why the shark chips didn't end up in Zero Space, since the Yeerks obviously wouldn't design the chips with morphing in mind.

I suppose this could be linked with the question of how Alloran's body (and Jake when he was a Controller) was able to morph small animals with a Yeerk in his head. Since the Yeerk is made of living tissue, I suppose the morphing process must transfer the Yeerk's mass into Zero Space along with any excess mass from the host body.

It might work in the same way that humans can morph skin-tight clothes. So anything close to or inside their body just morphs along with them. Maybe.

what about the mind-control chips in #15. they were inside them, but they didn't morph with them.

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2008, 07:37:49 PM »
Don't forget, though, that any time they get shot, the bullets work their ways out of the Animorphs' bodies as they demorph. The chip might suffer the same risk, unless it is in some way incorporated into the morphing technology, and therefore recognized as DNA-based, even though it isn't.
Sorta' like the morphing suits, I guess.

i kinda agree with that... the DNA-based thing... i was watching a show in the discovery channel (yea, i'm a nerd... lol) and they were talking about bio-mechanical implants. what they did was, get some tissue (i think it was some brain tissue, i'm not sure) and the tissue like, worked or growed (is that even a word?) to the silicon parts of the chip... maybe that is what the translator chips are?

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2008, 09:49:12 PM »
 :o They grew onto the silicon?! EWWW!!!! Cool, but EWWW!!!
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Blake (xtrunkzx)

• Holy Frell...
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2008, 03:21:13 AM »
Wait, Ax had the chip right that translates, n remember when every1 but tobias went looking they had to demorph thus showing themselves human? Well we all know that as a human the Animorphs can't thought-speak unless the human form is a morph. Well, in order for them to talk, they spoke using their mouths, meaning during that encounter prior to Ax aquiring a human form, he has seen everyone speak, therefor he has the knowladge that humans use sound n thus being able to mimic everyone's words
Formally possibly known as Ty[ler]
I am active on tumblr and always can use more people to follow that post KA stuff.

Not an active member but pops in whenever possible or whenever remembered which is almost never...

Offline tobias2

« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2008, 03:40:01 AM »
Well... umm... I think elfangor's teached him ? wait ! wait ! is that right ? ???

Offline Blake (xtrunkzx)

• Holy Frell...
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2008, 03:48:38 AM »
Well... umm... I think elfangor's teached him ? wait ! wait ! is that right ? ???

wether by chip or by being taught or whatever method was used for Ax's english, Im still sticking to my  theory of how Ax manages to talk using sounds when he's human
I am active on tumblr and always can use more people to follow that post KA stuff.

Not an active member but pops in whenever possible or whenever remembered which is almost never...

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2008, 04:28:00 AM »
Well we all know that as a human the Animorphs can't thought-speak unless the human form is a morph.
actually, that's debateable. the rule seems to change with each book. in #23, Tobias used signals to say ok and trouble, meaning he couldn't thought-speak while human, and Ax said it himself in #8 that he can't thought-speak in human morph.

Offline Blake (xtrunkzx)

• Holy Frell...
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2008, 04:44:54 AM »
but doesn't Cassie use thought-speak when she morphs into Rachel?

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2008, 04:51:07 AM »
i dunno... i noticed that in the late books, ax uses thought-speak while in human morph a lot as well... mebby it's a KASU???

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2008, 04:53:43 AM »
but doesn't Cassie use thought-speak when she morphs into Rachel?

I don't remember that particular occurance, but that's why I said it's DEBATABLE. Cuz there have been occurances of both.