Author Topic: The Experiment  (Read 19778 times)

Offline HkRevan

Re: The Experiment
« Reply #120 on: December 24, 2008, 09:42:36 PM »
((Hmmm....well actually if he were to kill the wolf, he'd use a sharpened stick and snap it's neck. .....

*hrm* we'll see)

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #121 on: December 25, 2008, 02:18:19 PM »
((Sorry. Finals were a killer, so my brain sorta imploded for a bit. Then with the holiday season, RAF going down, shopping, RAF going down, painting a mural for my parents, and RAF going down, it was kinda hard to get on.   But RAF's back up and my parents are napping, which means computer time for t3!!! XD
Still not done with the mural, though... :-[
Oh, and if this looks familiar, yes, yes I did copy-paste it from the other RP. ;D
And don't kill Steph. That's Tia's job...When Norpo actually lets her do it...))

Ax had watched most of the proceedings. However, he found the encounter between the seemingly only two human Controllers the most curious. While the male had originally shot the female, acting as if he was angered with her, he had then left.
When the female seemed to realize she was in the clear, which involved something that Marco had described as "looking like a fish" once--though the reference to an aquatic creature was slightly lost on him--she had proceeded to retrieve her fallen weapon. Then she disappeared. Literally. Ax assumed that it was either the power whom had originally brought her to the forest in the first place or a hologram. Neither option sounded pleasant.
So, unsure of what to do next, he began after the visible human Controller. And found something unexpected.
The Controller could morph.
The Controller could morph.
Ax's mind was reeling from the shock. Surely the Yeerks had not obtained a blue box. And they were not techologically advanced to even begin to create one. Or so he hoped.
He didn't even notice that he was backing up slightly as his mind recoiled in shock.

<I think we've managed to move a whole 10 feet!> Tia snapped at Norpo as they waited for the hologram to reassess its surroundings. <Remind me again why we don't just, oh, I don't know, WALTZ AWAY LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED??? Like that overgrown nimord would ever notice...>
<Actually, you know exactly what would happen. We'd try and waltz away, and the next thing you know, we'd run headlong into an Andalite. Just relax and let my hologam do its work.>
<The same hologram that has to copy its surroundings every step, which takes a whole thirty seconds?!>
Norpo closed her eyes in frustration, rubbing them with her left hand, which was finally starting to get the feeling back in it. <We'd be better off getting the boy away from the Yeerks at the pool than out in the--> "Oof," he muttered as his host's body plowed into something big. And blue. And...
"OH ******!" Tia swore, saying one of the few Taxxon words she could actually pronounce. The holographic emitter fell to the ground lightly, snapping off the second her right thumb left the button. She backed up, trying to get her fingers to work well enough to grab the Dracon beam from the back of her pants. They were well within range of being heard by the small group of humans, let alone being seen by them.
"Hehe..." She smiled and said something to him in Andalite akin to "Nice Andalite. Pretty Andalite. Please don't kill me..."

Ax turned his almond-shaped green eyes towards the thing that had hit him. After a second, the hologram fell and he realized it was the human from earlier. He lifted his tailblade. <You will tell me what is going on here right now, or I will remove your head from your body.>

"Uh...err...well. Um. See...I really have no idea. This really isn't my area of expertise. I just kinda fell from the sky earlier because my assistant is a back-stabbing dapsen with dilusions of godhood." The Andalite language flowed from her mouth, switching to Yeerkish about the time she said the word "dapsen". "Maybe, uh...my good friend Zaphod can help." She sucked in a breath through gritted teeth when she felt the blade press closer on her neck. A small trickle of blood ran down, dribbling onto her shoulder.

<I will only ask you one more time. I suggest you be truthful with me. Why are you after that boy? And how did the Yeerks aquire the morphing power?> His voice was quiet, but he could tell his threat had made the Controller think twice before she answered.
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Damien

• Natural law is overrated
« Reply #122 on: December 25, 2008, 07:16:17 PM »
(Yay! you're back!)

I couldn't stay awake, I needed to stay awake or I would be caught, I needed to stay focused on something, I began reciting the periodic table of elements, stating if they were liquid, solid, or a gas and whether they were radioactive or not, I didn't get to far before I stumbled over my words. N o use, my body was numb, my limbs felt like they were filled with lead. My vision went black...

(Shoot, where was tobias again? I forgot where I last left him...)
That'sssss a very nice possssst you have there... It'd be a sssshame if something happened to it...

If you get the reference above you will get a cookie, an imaginary cookie, but a cookie none-the-less!

Offline ShadeFawks

• I'm behind you...when you arn't looking...
« Reply #123 on: December 26, 2008, 10:16:18 PM »
(( yay stuff happening :D I will post about it in the morning :D ))
Guns don't kill people, but they help make it easier. - Shoot 'em up

This may upset a lot of you, but you do have souls... and they taste like Butterscotch pudding ^_^ -Death, Ctrl-Alt-Del

I once ate the soul of a monk, it tasted like Chocolate. - Richard, Looking For Group
 ^_^ it takes an unusual mind to think of unusual things.... wait... o.O  

Offline ShadeFawks

« Reply #124 on: December 27, 2008, 07:24:09 AM »
Zaphod perks his ears up as he sighs mentally << Great... you just had to jinx an Andalite into existence didn't you?>>
<<Well we can't just let them die... they're one of the few movement members we actually trust.>> Stephen pauses for a moment before just going on a hunch and a prayer <Oi! Andalite she really doesn't know a thing, but if you want any hope of saving the kid you better cool it ok?>
<<What are you doing?!?>> Zaphod shouts at Stephen in protest.
<< Just calm down and watch.>> Stephen replies, < I mean you wouldn't want something to befall someone who I think is aiding you, that family of veterinarians that live near here. It's just too convenient that five of these so called Andalite Bandits are never even seen in their true form. And someone has to supply them with animals to morph from, I've seen a pack of wolves running from there before and other strange groupings from near there. Maybe they can help flush out where you hide? But only you would know that wouldn't you?> he keeps himself hidden in the brush the best he can, watching the Andalite and trying to read his reaction.

This may upset a lot of you, but you do have souls... and they taste like Butterscotch pudding ^_^ -Death, Ctrl-Alt-Del

I once ate the soul of a monk, it tasted like Chocolate. - Richard, Looking For Group

Offline HkRevan

« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2008, 07:40:16 PM »
Alexander watched and watched and stopped himself from gaping. Wow. Now this was way more fun than meditation. He climbed a bit higher to see the scene more clearly.

That was a wicked tail.

He readied a rock. They could be in leagues and this was all a leadership dispute. Those little eyes on stalks could be knocked off with a well aimed hit.

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2008, 10:33:08 PM »
((Isn't Tobias retrieving the other Anis? ???))

Ax swung a stalk-eye towards the voice. It could only be coming from the Controller-morphed-wolf. He knew that he could easily kill the female Controller, and perhaps even dispose of the wolf before he got too far, but who knew whom else the Controller had told about his theory. He could not risk the lives of his friends. Not until he knew more. <What do you suggest?> the Andalite asked tersely, still keeping his tail-blade pressed against the woman's throat.

<Something's wrong,> Tia said to Norpo as she watched the Andalite's main eyes narrow. She had heard Stephan's theory--since only Stephan would be stupid enough to actually tell the Andalite about his theory. Though the inclusion of her back-door neighbors was a bit of news to her.
<Oh, ya think?> Norpo mulled over what Stephan had said. <The Andalite's probably worried about whether or not they told anyone else about their little theory. You know, besides us.>
<Yeah. Well, all I know is that Steph owes me a beer after this. If it weren't for our intervening, he would be in a whole mess of trouble.>
<You mean worse than the trouble we're all currently in?> Norpo inquired. His host just humphed and stayed quiet. He settled back, waiting to hear what the two would propose.

Offline ShadeFawks

« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2008, 11:10:43 PM »
< Well... for starters how about moving that tail blade of yours to a less threatening position. After that we can discuss what should be done about the boy. It would be so unfortunate if the andalite bandits happened to ambush and capture him...> He says slightly softer trying to keep the conversation between the 3 of them.
<< Woah woah woah, I know you love the work the peace movement does, but Visser three is going to be out for blood if we don't get him back.>> Zaphod shouts at his host.
<< Aye, but we have plenty of scapegoats to use and maybe we can find a little more information about these "Bandits". That could aid us and the peace movement.>> Stephen replies coolly

Offline HkRevan

« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2008, 11:30:31 PM »
Not exactly privy to a private conversation Alexander didn't know what was going on but he did know something was going on. He decided, screw it all and jumped down from his high perch.

"Hi. I'm wondering. Are any of you invading the Earth?" 

Offline Damien

« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2008, 09:30:33 AM »
(Right, sorry all the holiday parties I went to sort of drained me, one on Christmas eve, then on Christmas day, then the day after... and it is considered rude to sleep through a family gathering....)
(Don't the yeerk peace movement already know everything about the animorphs?)

<I'm back> came Tobias's thought speak from the sky, only Ax could hear of course. Four other birds were scattered across the sky above, but far enough away that you wouldn't suspect anything unless you knew what was going on.

<Ax, would you mind filling us in?> Jake asked,<If you're able to in your current situaion...>
That'sssss a very nice possssst you have there... It'd be a sssshame if something happened to it...

If you get the reference above you will get a cookie, an imaginary cookie, but a cookie none-the-less!

Offline ShadeFawks

« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2008, 04:50:02 PM »
( Aye, I think they do for the most part but I never played Zaphod as a not so trust worthy member of the YPM, he's in it but actually has low intelligence clearance within them. And on top of that he may have been told but didn't really care to pay attention. I could go back and edit it if you think it needs it. )

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2008, 06:46:30 PM »
((Actually, they don't. Only people Aftran trusted were entrusted with the full information about the Anis, I think. Or that's always been my opinion.))

Offline Damien

« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2008, 06:49:27 PM »
(It doesn't matter, it doesn't matter anyway...)

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2008, 10:00:25 PM »
Ax narrowed his eyes, but he moved his tail-blade far away enough that it wasn't exactly at the woman's neck.

"Guess it depends on your definition of 'invading'." She flashed a big grin.

<We have a problem, Prince Jake,> Ax responded, relieved to hear his prince's voice. <There is a Controller who has the ability to morph. And he has, at the moment, simply stated a theory about Cassie. However, I am afraid that he might have obtained actual proof.>

As Ax spoke, Norpo rolled her eyes. "She's not invading; I'm not invading. He's also not planning on invading."
"At least not currently," Tia added darkly.

Offline ShadeFawks

« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2008, 10:26:09 PM »
<<We have company...>> Zaphod informs his host noticing a few birds fluttering in.
<< Wonderful... just wonderful...>> Stephen sighs, keeping himself as well hidden as possible. <So Andalite what do you say? Are you going to aid me or just sit there and talk to the birds?>