Author Topic: Food Stuff  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Starsword

Food Stuff
« on: October 14, 2008, 09:37:21 PM »
I always wondered. Since they can morph skin tight clothes, that means that food can morph with them. What if they morph an animal thats hungry, like a Taxxon, but not as extreme? Do they just ignore it? I imagine their battle morphs would get hungry after a lot of use.
P.S. I The Revelation. Marco says that David was the last person to discover the Animorphs secret, after his dad finds out, but it was kind of his mom. Thought that the mom dad discovery thing was pretty cool.
Until then we fight.

Offline musicman88

Re: Food Stuff
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 09:48:40 PM »
I'm not exactly sure how hunger works.  You would think that whatever's in your stomach would morph with you, but in one of the later Tobias books he says it doesn't happen that way.  Then if you imagine that every animal had it's own stomach's capacity (even though I can't imagine how since food definitely doesn't have your DNA) each of their morphs would get hungry every now and then and they never say anything about that...

Stupid non-sensible made up technology!
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline Starsword

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 10:23:58 PM »
My brain hurts, because if I ate a hamburger, and morphed a mouse, would the mouse explode? Clearly not. how can I invent a morphing cube if I cant even figure out its basic principles.
Until then we fight.

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 05:16:34 AM »
the food goes into zero-space, just like everything else inside your body that doesn't have your DNA (like a yeerk). If you eat something when you're morphed (like say the spider that Jake ate while in lizard morph) it goes into zero-space when you demorph. Now whether the food comes back, I don't know. I imagine it doesn't because of something Ax said in #42...

Now to directly answer your question, I think how hungry a morph is resets. Like say you morph a tiger, and after a while you get hungry in it, you demorph, then remorph, and you're not hungry anymore...

that's what I think anyway.

Offline Liz

• Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 02:45:00 PM »
I agree.  Although the mouse exploding from the hamburger is an amusing image. xD

Wait, but remember in #15 when they had chips implanted which prevented them from morphing anything too small to contain the chip?  Why didn't those go into Z-space??

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 07:10:15 PM »
Hmmm . . . if the stomach -- the entire digestive system, rather, is empty when one morphs, then how'd Cassie poop on that Hunter-Killer whatever robot in The Sickness?

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline musicman88

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 07:33:12 PM »
Also, I believe she pooped as a horse (whatever book they went to "Area 51" in) to hide their identities.
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 04:07:12 AM »
Wait, but remember in #15 when they had chips implanted which prevented them from morphing anything too small to contain the chip?  Why didn't those go into Z-space??
well those aren't organic. although that does bring up the question of what happens if you accidentally eat metal...

Hmmm . . . if the stomach -- the entire digestive system, rather, is empty when one morphs, then how'd Cassie poop on that Hunter-Killer whatever robot in The Sickness?
Well maybe not completely empty. As we see in #42, maybe a few pretty small things get left behind after morphing. maybe a few small things come back from zero-space as well. enough to make one small bird poop.

Also, I believe she pooped as a horse (whatever book they went to "Area 51" in) to hide their identities.
but she also ate some grass first. if it travelled through the digestive system too fast, why would she eat some grass in the first place?

Offline Liz

• Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 04:20:55 AM »
well those aren't organic. although that does bring up the question of what happens if you accidentally eat metal...

Hmm.  I guess that makes sense.  Kinda.

Aaaaargh so confusing.

Offline Starsword

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 09:20:23 AM »

Morphing suits aren't organic.
And there is a great deal of seagull poop in the series.
Until then we fight.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 09:46:52 AM »
morphing suits I still don't get. I guess it has to do with the tightness or something...the chip implanted in their heads were just placed there. the morphing suits stick very close to the skin. I guess that makes a difference somehow.

as for the seagull poop. well they don't all necessarily happen during the same morph. obviously, they've demorphed between all those pooping. At the most only pooped twice per morph. and don't forget they always eat stuff in seagull morph.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 09:53:57 AM by aquwaigher »

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 06:56:31 PM »
the food goes into zero-space, just like everything else inside your body that doesn't have your DNA (like a yeerk). If you eat something when you're morphed (like say the spider that Jake ate while in lizard morph) it goes into zero-space when you demorph. Now whether the food comes back, I don't know. I imagine it doesn't because of something Ax said in #42...

Now to directly answer your question, I think how hungry a morph is resets. Like say you morph a tiger, and after a while you get hungry in it, you demorph, then remorph, and you're not hungry anymore...

that's what I think anyway.

During "The Extreme", 4 of the Animorphs spend much time in wolf morphs, and the wolf morphs get hungry, and stay hungry during the demorphing/remorphing process.  They eventually eat seal, which seems to carry over into their natural forms.  Meanwhile, Ax and Tobias drink blood while in flea form, and THAT nourishment seems to carry over back to THEIR natural forms!