Author Topic: Embarassing Animorphs Encounters  (Read 31251 times)

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
Re: Embarassing Animorphs Encounters
« Reply #165 on: December 17, 2009, 07:46:14 PM »
To this day I refer to triangle brackets as <thought speak brackets>. The embarrassing-ish part comes from having to explain it every time I say it around someone new.

Haha, I do that, too. :P I'm pretty sure I read Animorphs before ever knowing what they were really called.

Actually... what are they really called?

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2009, 07:59:31 PM »
Angle brackets? I dunno. Whatever they're called is not nearly as cool as saying "thought speak brackets" I'm sure. Unless they're called super kickass ninja dragon warrior brackets with pickles and cheese. If they're called that, I might have to switch over to the real name.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #167 on: December 17, 2009, 08:00:42 PM »
Well, yeah. You can't really beat a name like that, can you?

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #168 on: December 17, 2009, 08:06:39 PM »
Eh, maybe you could. Face it; that one's very deeply rooted in huge amounts of geekdom and the fast food industry.

Know what's embarrassing to me that I just realized? The fact that I've kept my Animorphs collection in the garage for so many years. I guess that doesn't really classify as an "encounter," and I have no place for it in the house, but it's really the only series I've ever collected like that.

Salem's Story

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #169 on: December 17, 2009, 08:08:28 PM »
Personally, I'd be embarrassed at regulating it to the garage. ;)

...But yeah, mine are stored in a box in my room at home. Most of them, anyway. Except for a few that have either wandered elsewhere, or I bought off Amazon while I was at school.

Offline Nero's Fury

• "Soldier's of Vengence unite!"
  • Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2009, 10:08:21 AM »
You all are strange
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2009, 10:39:30 AM »
You forgot to finish your words before you posted. I'm pretty sure you meant to say "You are all strangely amazing"

Salem's Story

Offline Nero's Fury

• Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2009, 01:19:33 PM »
Yea aluminator is awesome but everyone else....you all are strange rofl
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

Mira

« Reply #173 on: January 06, 2010, 11:03:12 AM »
This is embarrassing and so... unreal that it scares me... or not really but it's a good story... and true!

Two month ago I decided to go to a new school in the beginning of 2010. I went to a new city faaaaaar away from home. Everyone was new on the school, no one knew anyone and there was a lot of people. anyway. One day we had written something we was about to read to the entire class, who we still didn't know very well. And when I sat there on the floor (we was so many people that someone had to sit on the floor - the first one to the chair gets it, that's the law.) and waited for my turn a guy who looked EXACTELY like Tom from the TV show went up with his papers and began to tell us about what he had done. And he started with... ((If you don't want to have nightmares tonight DO NOT READ THE REST!))

[spoiler] He started with: Hello, my name is Tom... And suddenly I felt quite lucky that I didn't have a seat that time.

I have also found a few animorphs fans actually and of course I had to tell them this story, and then we have invented a new game - it's like "hide and seek" when one have been found they are lined up behind the seeker, they can warn those who are still hiding so they can hide anywhere else but if the seeker (who we in secret calls Visser 3) sees is everyone has so run after.

I think I should tell that Tom about everything before he thinks that we are bullying him... And one more thing, he seems to follow me, the next time I had to sit on the floor he suddenly sat beside me, and that have happend more then one time - And by the way, I'm really enjoying myself here don't think anything else![/spoiler]

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #174 on: January 06, 2010, 11:48:18 AM »
Mira, about Tom, 2 reasons why he follows you:
- He's a Controller and knows that you know
- He fell totally in love with you
But I personally think the 1st is the good one ;D
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Mira

« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2010, 04:00:19 PM »
Actually Dameg, I have now solved everything and you were quite right... He is in love... with one of my room mates... so I invited him to a Maffia game........ yes it was the best I could come up with............... ...

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2010, 04:47:54 PM »
lol I see ^^
Your room mate will be soon a Controller, but don't worry ;)
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum

Offline Nero's Fury

• Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #177 on: January 07, 2010, 10:01:59 AM »
the other day i met this guy jake....coincidenta l he looks like him from the tv show? I was like psh i can let that slide. till i found out his older brothers name is tom then i was like holy hell and left

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
« Reply #178 on: January 07, 2010, 05:54:26 PM »
lol How strange as parents who name their first son Tom also name their second son Jake... Maybe K.A. Applegate wanted to tell us something about that...
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum

Offline adeon222

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Without whom, we would all be lost...
« Reply #179 on: January 07, 2010, 06:04:15 PM »
People who name their first son Tom and their second son Jake... shouldn't?

I was sort of embarassed when I heard some guys talking about another guy and the fact that he was a dork because he read Animorphs... And then, I was like... I'm totally keeping my mouth shut about that from now on... lol...

I was never obsessed... I could stop reading them any time I wanted to... (not now... maybe later...) ;)
"Hey, who taped a full color picture of a forum to my screen? And why won't it come off??? What?? it's an Animorphs forum, and you can talk about your favorite Animorphs and such??? Oh, Best Thing Ever! Best Thing Ever!"