Author Topic: Embarassing Animorphs Encounters  (Read 31240 times)

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
Re: Embarassing Animorphs Encounters
« Reply #150 on: September 23, 2009, 06:49:22 AM »
Wednesday, I was in the street, when a guy came to me:
- Do you know Sharing (well, in fact, it was the French name of Sharing in Animorphs)?
- Oh yeah, the conspirators who wanna conquer the World!
- Well, no... It's different, we don't try to conquer the World...
- Are you sure you aren't aliens?
And then I listened to him... They just help children, that kind of stuff... But I'm still not sure...

I would probably join.. just to see...

lol, in fact you give money to help children who have no money.
... or maybe you just finance a conspiration of aliens who try to conquer the World... :p
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Nero's Fury

• "Soldier's of Vengence unite!"
  • Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #151 on: September 23, 2009, 12:20:18 PM »
Whhooooaaa whats with the pic???
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

Offline Thea

« Reply #152 on: October 02, 2009, 07:31:00 AM »
I once spent ages explaining to my friend just why Animorphs was so amazing. Went into English Lit major lecture mode, deemed it to be contemporary Science Fiction which successfully combines humour, action, amazing character development, education, twists, politics, and mostly a lot of moral dilemmas. She reponds -

"So the kids turn into animals then?"

She did it on purpose, it was kinda funny

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
« Reply #153 on: October 02, 2009, 07:35:36 AM »
I once spent ages explaining to my friend just why Animorphs was so amazing. Went into English Lit major lecture mode, deemed it to be contemporary Science Fiction which successfully combines humour, action, amazing character development, education, twists, politics, and mostly a lot of moral dilemmas. She reponds -

Many people remember about Animorphs only this: "Young people turning into animals to fight aliens"... =_=' I'm tired to try to  explain it's more than that! It's as if they said "Harry Potter is a story about a young who learns magic" or "Ice Age is the story of few animals who try to survive in the world full of ice". Of course it's true... but it isn't only that!
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum

Offline Thea

« Reply #154 on: October 02, 2009, 07:43:13 AM »

Many people remember about Animorphs only this: "Young people turning into animals to fight aliens"... =_=' I'm tired to try to  explain it's more than that! It's as if they said "Harry Potter is a story about a young who learns magic" or "Ice Age is the story of few animals who try to survive in the world full of ice". Of course it's true... but it isn't only that!
Aye. The TV series didn't really help the case, it reduced it from kids who turn into animals to kids who run away from poor actors with funny sneers and itchy ears while the animatronic head moves up and down in the background. Doh!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #155 on: December 07, 2009, 12:48:43 PM »
Do you guys remember that scene where Marco is doing a horrendous job driving after the Veelek? He keeps hitting trash cans and passing on the wrong side of the road, and Jake and Cassie are screaming the whole time.

Well, every time I read that as a kid, I was launched into hysterical giggles. So I took it upon myself to memorize the entire 2-chapter scene and recite it at warp speed for my friends in the privacy of our own homes.

When I was in 7th or 8th grade, sitting in my best friend's backseat as her mom drove us to her house for a sleepover, the rearview mirror came unglued from the windshield. As we pulled in to a gas station and an attendant came to fix the mirror, I decided to while away the time with a recitation of "The Trash Can Scene," as I called it. It earned me a seriously strange look from the gas station attendant, who told me he couldn't understand a word I was saying because I was speaking so quickly. Little did he know that was my strategy for avoiding revealing my knowledge of the Yeerk invasion to prying Controller ears. ;)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 03:22:15 PM by kitsunemarie »
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #156 on: December 08, 2009, 01:37:45 PM »
The group of friends I'm still closest to was the group that formed between those of us that read Animorphs in elementary school. I remember always playing Animorphs on the playground equipment at school. It was kind of embarrassing when some of the other kids would want to play, and they'd have no idea what the rest of us were talking about and wind up leaving. Haha... It is kind of embarrassing that I seem to be the only one of that group that's retained my Anifandom. What can I say? I revere the series for a reason. I think the rest of them are kind of stuck on the stigma of liking a childrens' series. When the series ended, for some reason, the general consensus among my friends was that it was juvenile, and they'd moved on to what they saw as better (meaning longer) books. Rereading the series now compared to what they were reading then, I'm realizing that Animorphs was always the more mature choice. Ironic, I guess. They've just never really gotten past the feeling that Animorphs was a cheesey story that was beneath us.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
« Reply #157 on: December 09, 2009, 06:35:26 PM »
You can tell them that 20 to 30 years old people are stuck on Animorphs and still talk about them on RAF... And that some grannies read them (well, I think we heard about only one of them but...).
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #158 on: December 10, 2009, 12:06:34 PM »
- Do you know Sharing (well, in fact, it was the French name of Sharing in Animorphs)?
And then I listened to him... They just help children, that kind of stuff... But I'm still not sure...

well, that IS suspicious. after all, what better way to get to the adults than thru their children? they are very smart, these yeerks :P
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
« Reply #159 on: December 10, 2009, 08:02:00 PM »

well, that IS suspicious. after all, what better way to get to the adults than thru their children? they are very smart, these yeerks :P

Thank you ;)
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum

Offline Nero's Fury

• Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #160 on: December 11, 2009, 09:44:03 AM »
The other day i was meeting my girlfriends parents n saw a dear and freaked cuz it looked blue and i called out an andalaite! then had to explain myself
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #161 on: December 11, 2009, 11:02:16 AM »
I was in the car once with my friend. I was about to turn right when the following conversation insued:

My friend: Move pigeon!
Me: AGH! *swerves to avoid hitting pigeon that's in my lane* YOU STUPID BIRD, NO WONDER TOBIAS HATES YOU!

This would have been more embarrassing if my friend weren't so used to such outbursts.

Actually, I take that back. The simple fact that it happens often enough that she's this used to it is embarrassing in and of itself.

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #162 on: December 11, 2009, 02:10:50 PM »
haha genies u have a point. and damien how do u know it wasnt ax? maybe u saw him in midmorph ;)

haha there is this peregrine that lives in the city hall across from my school, but i hardly ever see him. but the couple times i have seen him i have gone "look, its jake!" im always with my BF those times i have seen the bird and he just rolls his eys and calls me a dork :P
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

Offline Nero's Fury

• Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #163 on: December 16, 2009, 10:14:21 AM »
Recently i went out and bought my friends kawasaki ninja bike from him (thats what he says it is but idk...) and i was riding down the street when this hawk like swooped down and grabbed somethin not to far ahead of me and flew away. I laughed n was like "YEA GET THAT YEERK TOBIAS!." and my friend whom happened to be drivin next to me on a bike of his own just laughed

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #164 on: December 17, 2009, 07:44:19 PM »
To this day I refer to triangle brackets as <thought speak brackets>. The embarrassing-ish part comes from having to explain it every time I say it around someone new.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story