Author Topic: Heyo!  (Read 1902 times)

Offline lolapandi

Heyo!
« on: March 01, 2014, 04:16:02 PM »
Hey, guys! My name's Aleesa (altho you can totally just call me Lola like in my username). I've been floating on the outskirts of this site for quite a while but never registered and participated for... reasons. I may have signed up like 4 or 5 years ago but that didn't ever really go anywhere so here I am again!

As you all can probably guess, I love the Animorphs and I always have. I've been reading them since before I can remember but usually all by myself, too young to seek out online friends who shared my interest in it. I'm 20 years old, just hangin' out in college, and since I have most of the Animorph books at home, I decided to do my first complete read-through since I was like 12. Animorphs have always been one of my favorite book series but reading them all again as an adult has made me REALLY want other fans to talk to about it and no one I know has read them before (trying to get my boyfriend to read them but it's going slowly) so I hope I can meet the friends I'm looking for here!
Sigs were never my strong suit. Just talk to me!!

Offline Richard

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • Richard's Animorphs Forum
Re: Heyo!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 04:57:10 PM »
Hi Aleesa, welcome to RAF!

I hope you enjoy it here.

Offline Sorunome

• Muffins
  • Xtreme Member
  • Imma pony
    • My Website (You might loose THE GAME)
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 05:12:23 PM »
Welcome to RAF!
Have a muffin:

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 02:27:21 PM »
Hi, Aleesa! Welcome to RAF ^_^ I'm glad you've decided to move beyond lurking-- this is an amazing community, and you seem like you'll fit right in. I'm definitely glad to have you here. And yeah, if you want to discuss any little Animorphs thought that occurs to you, this is the place.

You probably already know some of this, but here's a quick guide to what's happening on RAF now:

We're currently trying to make this forum more appealing and more active. We're calling it the Revitalaissance. Basically, if there's anything you could want or hope for from an Animorphs community, we want to hear about it and make it happen ^_^

The reason you (and all of us) are here is the Animorphs series, of course, and the Animorphs Board has tons of discussions about portions of the series you've never even though twice about. Drop in, make some comments. You're bound to get some responses ^_^

It's a little outdated at the moment, but we here at RAF do periodically re-read the series. Check out the re-read board for a number of questions and thoughts from other fans and RAFians as they've reread the series (note the board full of older rereads, too!). And then, if you're into never, EVER letting the story end, there's a bunch of excellent Animorphs fanfiction and art projects around here, as well as a few RP's that are still alive (I highly recommend checking out the Galaxy's Edge Space Bar or Rogue Element). There are also a number of fan projects listed here, including the Animorphs Audiobook Project, which is undergoing a bit of a revival-- keep an eye on it!

And once you're feeling like venturing into the non-Animorphs portions of the forum, there are some pretty deep Discussions and Debates, there are other fanfictions and art projects and roleplays. Our members have profile threads that will help you get to know them better.

And if you're just looking to hang out and have some fun, we play games of (Animorphs-themed) Mafia and The Resistance frequently, and let's not forget the Bored Board, which is a great place to go if you're ever... well. Bored. Or looking for a quick way to get to know some of our most active members.

Stick around. Explore. Have fun. That's what we're all here for, after all, isn't it?

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 02:38:07 PM »
Hello there Aleesa! Don't worry, you'll fit right in, there's no other place an Animorphs nerd could, really :P Welcome to RAF! :D

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 03:26:10 PM »
Welcome to RAF! Nice to meet you! :D I'm Steph.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 03:34:15 PM »
Hello and welcome!  I know what you mean about how hard it is to find fellow Ani-fans.  But, hey, you've come to the right place!  :D

I'm DinosaurNothlit, but most folks call me DN or Dino for short.  Nice to meet you!

Offline lolapandi

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 12:34:53 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome! <3

Offline .: Asmo

• Elder One
  • Xtreme Member
  • :(){ :|: & };:
    • Some Name Space
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 10:48:34 PM »
You are quite welcome.

Now post moar!
.: Asmodeus
GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
Sole Zombie Apocalypse Survivor 2012/2014/2015
James Bond Villain 2013/2014/2015
Most Likely Harbinger of Armageddon 2014
Best RAFian Superhero/Sidekick (or Supervillain/Minion) Duo 2014

Offline Liora

• Political Animorphs
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 05:01:02 PM »
I feel weird welcoming you, since I just signed up recently, but... welcome!
Political Animorphs: Overthinking a Plate of Yeerks.

Offline lolapandi

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 08:43:45 AM »
Haha I appreciate it all the same. Plus, I've already started reading your blog and I love it so far!

(Thanks for the advice, Saffa :) )

Offline Liora

• Political Animorphs
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 04:10:09 PM »
Oh my God, a reader! :D I'm so glad you like it!
Political Animorphs: Overthinking a Plate of Yeerks.