Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 334725 times)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #1560 on: May 15, 2009, 11:22:12 PM »
Mar closes his eyes and sighs. "You have to keep in mind that my powers are highly unworkable here. I will try, but only because I owe Ossanlin a favor for bringing me back in. Keep in mind pre--Myitt. I have no idea if this will work. I will first attempt with his mind. This will be easier."

Given that I can't heal. His body may be out of my reach in this form. Even with all of my power my skills would be a poor substitute for the healing arts. I wonder what I shall do.

Mar bends over tiredly and attempts to contact Ossanlin's mind in order to pull him out of the time stream, touching his hand to Ossanlin. He hopes he will not object for this is the only way to do this sort of thing with so little of himself present. He is not sure if he can re-enter if Ossanlin is trapped between, but the favor remains. These blasted fools have gotten me into one mess after another. This is bringing me too close to someone else's mind.

Offline applix

« Reply #1561 on: May 15, 2009, 11:58:27 PM »
Mike's eyes showed a sudden fear as the shadow came back to his mind. He knew if he told Corliss what he thought had happened, they'd have him committed. He looked nervous as he spoke, his head turning a bit towards him, "I don't know... as soon as I hit the floor after-" He stopped short and felt his throat close up. "After I sliced up that girl." He turned to try and look where she was standing now, but he couldn't be certain. "Maybe it's just in my mind." He shrugged.

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #1562 on: May 16, 2009, 03:03:06 AM »
*Ossanlin's body jerks as Mar's hand comes in contact, though not consciously, merely a brain-stem based reflex to the touch on his body.* 

*He thought he heard something, a thought...* <...Alic..na....>  *Suddenly his mind is brought back to past times in the Space Bar, when he had been not much more than a new patron...he saw Aliciania and was surprised back then, he hadn't seen an off-duty female for a long time...the thoughts whisked by but in that dream of a memory, he thought he saw something else....a shadow, or was it a light?  A being...a...shiniga mi, a soul-reaper...why on earth did he know that word, and for that matter, how did he even what this being was by any means?  Very suddenly his frantic memories calm, like a storm-torn ocean calming with the pull of a moon.  He was suddenly afraid, why was this being here?  That shadow, or light, was taking a million forms in his mind's eye, and yet none at all.  Ossanlin flinches...he hadn't thought much about the after-life...why spend time thinking about things you can't fathom when you're going to find out anyway, and after you find out you might not have anymore chances at life.  Was this his time?  Was this...soul-reaper coming for him?  This place, suddenly his perception of his memories flickers and it seems so unreal that a bit of fog seems to lift from his eyes.  Now he could see...his mind, somehow he was trapped in his own mind, his own memories a prison...or perhaps he was trapped somewhere in the middle of the timestream.  He had no clue...but that shadow or light, he still couldn't decide which it was, was looming.  Perhaps he was already dead and this was purgatory...*

*Then a lightbulb flashes over his head, at least he can see the flash himself...this was an odd place...metaphor made reality?!  But he has no time to ponder, he remembers, perhaps this was Mar, maybe they were still in the timestream, or maybe he really was dead.  Did the shinigami also have possession of his soul?  Did he even have a soul?  He doesn't know what to think...his memories begin to assault him again, but he is able to shove them aside now, knowing them for what they are...not real...well, not happening right now anyway.  He almost wants to run from the shadow/light, to retreat back into those memories, but he waits to face it, be it friend or foe.*
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 03:04:51 AM by Ossanlin »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #1563 on: May 16, 2009, 06:32:48 AM »
"Come on, man, you can't die like this because of my stupid luck."  Myitt watches anxiously, glancing at Corliss, who isn't even looking--his attention is on the boy, Mike.

"It could be severe stress, but it's been going on for far too long now," says Corliss.  "Perhaps we can help you...but I'm no opthalmologist." He walks over to Mike and scans him with the ever-faithful Yeerkish bioscanner, focusing on his eyes and nervous system.  "You said it started when you cut up Myitt, then?"

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline applix

« Reply #1564 on: May 16, 2009, 11:07:24 AM »
Mike nodded slowly as Corliss looked at his eyes. The boy's eyes looked normal, and even on the scanner would appear to be healthy. The shadow had done his work well and cut off any signals to his eyes with the removal of a few key neurons. He felt his stomach drop a bit, "Is he a controller? The andalite I mean." He said, looking with cold eyes towards the group huddled around Ossanlin. "He has to be, I've never seen yeerk and andalite together without heads rolling." He turned back to where he guessed Corliss was, "Why are you even talking to me... aren't you just going to stick a slug into me?" He asked with a scowl. "I've never known yeerks to 'fatten up' their hosts." He said, obviously never having heard of The Sharing.

Alic

« Reply #1565 on: May 16, 2009, 11:37:10 AM »
Alic turns a stalk eye to Mar. <Mar, if there is anything you can do..> She was hesitant, not being nice to him what so ever earlier, he doesn't have to be nice back.

Hearing Mike mention hurting Myitt sounded almost casual to her. Not wanting to turn her attention away from Ossanlin, Alic snorted in response and was muttering to herself, but no one could hear her.

Alic heard Ossanlin try to speak her name and tapped her hooves impatiently. <Yes, Ossanlin. Please, wake up.> Then, quieter, <We didn't get Myitt back to lose someone else.>

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #1566 on: May 16, 2009, 11:50:33 AM »
Corliss laughs a bit, shaking his head as he examines Mike's retinal scans.  "Ossanlin?  Nah, mate, he's as pure an Andalite as I've ever met.  And you're absolutely right, there aren't many Andalites like 'im, willing to put up with us 'slugs'...heh heh.  There aren't many Yeerks like us, either, willing to put up with...well, you know.  Ossanlin and Ronny and Alic and all them are quite the odd ones out.  I guess you could say we're all off our bloody rockers, as the saying goes.  As for why I haven't infested you, first of all, I don't go round carrying spare people in my pocket."  He snickers.  "And even if I did, I'm not in the business of imposing on anyone.  Haven't you ever heard of us?  What the Empire calls a 'militant terrorist organization' bent on violent civil unrest for the sake of their twisted belief in host equality?  That's my favorite, that one."  He frowns.  "Hmmm, you know, your eyes look fine.  No sign of macular degeneration, no nerve damage--not that this thing can pick up, at least.  I can't explain what's causing this blindness, unless it really is psychological."

Offline applix

« Reply #1567 on: May 16, 2009, 05:07:43 PM »
Mike didn't hear Alic and mostly what was happening with Ossanlin went by him, his thoughts mostly on Corliss and his eyes. He could feel the need to hurl when the yeerk told him about his eyes. He just slowly shook his head, "I'm not making it up." He said, coming close to just spilling the beans on everything. But maybe it was best if they thought he was just crazy. He looked down towards the table, his fingers tapping away on the wood. "I'll believe you about the whole yeerk rebellion as long as you believe I'm blind... I'm not making it up." He felt hair raising on his skin, goosebumps coming over him. He bit his lower lip and could feel his tongue twisting, wanting to tell him about the shadow-- about their deal. But another part of him thought about it and for some reason he could feel a bit of the shadow in the room. It wasn't like before where he had felt it looming over him, but instead he felt it in two others. He looked over towards where Breeken was standing, his skin crawling.

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #1568 on: May 16, 2009, 05:30:00 PM »
Corliss narrows his eyes.  "Fair enough.  Not enough evidence for either, I suppose, just our word."  He tilts his head a little.  "It's more than just the blindness, though.  You look...nervous.  Why?"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1569 on: May 16, 2009, 06:51:24 PM »
(I wonder why this RP is so active and long running? I want to join.)

An old, battle scarred bug fighter landed near the Space Bar, and an equally battle worn Hork-Bajir controller stepped out. He was eight feet tall, muscular, and had over a dozen scars of varying sizes. The most notable were a scar on his neck and chest. The wound on his neck injured his vocal chords, so that he couldn't talk above a regular voice. and when he did talk, it was gruff. The second was where an Andalite's tail went right through one of his hearts. The heart was replace, and the wound was mostly closed, but it was still a conversation starter. His eyes told many stories of the Yeerk Andalite war.

He stepped in slowly, and gazed at the crowd before he made his way to a barstool. He asked for the strongest thing they had.

<We stay night?> The host asked.

<Yeah. We need feul to get much farther than this. But we're not going back. We...we can't go back.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Alic

« Reply #1570 on: May 16, 2009, 08:12:55 PM »
((oh Chad. This rp never ends. Its been going on .. 10years? On and off but the same rp!))

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1571 on: May 16, 2009, 08:32:35 PM »
(You're kidding! Wow.)

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #1572 on: May 16, 2009, 11:23:50 PM »
(You're kidding! Wow.)

(Not at all! Myitt, Applix, Ossanlin, Breekan1, Alic, Prince Ronny and I have been RPing this since around the time Animorphs was first released. Welcome aboard! Feel free to ask any questions you might have. :) )

Offline applix

« Reply #1573 on: May 16, 2009, 11:29:24 PM »
Mike shook his head slowly and sighed. "I'm blind and I'm I just tried to kill your friend. I'm sorry if you wouldn't feel nervous or scared in my shoes but I do." He said honestly, fidgeting knowing he had left the Shadow out. His eyes were drawn from Breekan but only with a bit of concentration.

Alic

« Reply #1574 on: May 16, 2009, 11:29:55 PM »
((I feel 12 again.. Hehe. ))