Author Topic: This fanfic is hilarious  (Read 2860 times)

Offline ThinkAgain

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • What to say?
Re: This fanfic is hilarious
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 07:06:42 PM »
And ThinkAgain, you really believed that line? KA didn't care about Animorphs anymore, she rushed through that book just to get it done so she could advertise Remnants.

You're probably right as to her motives. I just mean in general, as far as accurate war stories go (I used to be big on the WWI/II genre) completely happy endings are very rare. Loved ones are just as likely to die as anyone else, and relationships might not exist back home in peace. Happy-skippy endings may satisfy more people, but it just seems pretty shallow to me.

I do think the final Animorphs book was poor, but simply because everything was rushed and happened in one book. Probably because of what you said.

What does it mean to be free?

Offline AlothAssassin

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 07:46:24 PM »
And ThinkAgain, you really believed that line? KA didn't care about Animorphs anymore, she rushed through that book just to get it done so she could advertise Remnants.

::)  Please, I'm begging, think before you speak.
"Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue, Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn børk! børk! børk!" - The Swedish Chef.

“He is very wise man and very strong - although perhaps not so strong as his father Barbara.  Tough guy!" - Borat, on President Bush.

Offline Kitulean

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Kit Army Second
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 10:21:16 AM »
No need to be rude and say she wasn't thinking. Some people have put plenty of thought into the subject and truly believe that KA didn't care about the Animorphs ending, at least not as much as she could have. Just because someone has a different opinion than you is no reason to insult their thoughts.

Offline AlothAssassin

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 08:08:52 AM »
To say Katherine & Michael stopped caring about the series that built their career, that bought them a house and secured their kid's college education, and ran for half a decade, is, sorry to be blunt, worthy of insult.

Come on.  Saying something like that is begging for a snappy retort.  It's nothing against Escafil personally, just...they cared about the Animorphs story arc.  They just did.  It's one thing to take issue personally with the way the ending played out, but don't play off your dissatisfaction by making accusations they stopped taking it seriously.

They rushed Everworld's final arc.  They finished Animorphs with the caring and finesse it deserves.
"Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue, Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn børk! børk! børk!" - The Swedish Chef.

“He is very wise man and very strong - although perhaps not so strong as his father Barbara.  Tough guy!" - Borat, on President Bush.

esplin

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 09:54:15 AM »
He's right, you can be nice about it.

Offline AlothAssassin

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2009, 10:18:22 AM »
And others can be a little more respectful of a writer's hard work, too. 

esplin

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2009, 10:20:47 AM »
They forgot the part where Jake and Cassie name their kid Albus Severus Elfangor James Aftran.

lol.  I just read that.

Offline Kitulean

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Kit Army Second
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2009, 01:52:52 PM »
I'm with Escafil. I believe that KA and Michael stopped caring about the Animorphs toward the end. Nothing against THEM personally. I just think they rushed it to get it done and that they hadn't been actually writing the books in so long that they kind of lost touch.

Which is again, nothing personal against them.

There's a difference between telling someone to 'be respectful' and telling someone not to have a negative opinion. You're trying to tell Escafil (and me) that we're not allowed to believe differently than you. We believe that they didn't put as much care or thought into the ending as we would have liked. You can't rightfully berate us for that, because it's our opinion.

Sorry to lump you in with me, Escafil, feel free to punch me and run off on your own line of thought.

Offline AlothAssassin

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2009, 08:56:33 PM »
Katherine's explained why the ending was written the way it was.  What do you people want?  She's delved into this in pretty extensive detail, the way it ended without every loose end tied up, quite abruptly.

Is it still laziness when one reinforces that they did it a certain way intentionally?

Stuff to think about.

I mean, I guess over the years I've just come to see that K.A. sounded a little grumpy and snide with her final letter-to-the-fans with good reason.  She expected more of her audience, and was disappointed.

Offline Kitulean

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Kit Army Second
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2009, 10:48:10 PM »
What do 'we people' want? That's kinda rude right there. I'm allowed to dislike the ending and believe she got lazy when writing it. And a good writer, which she is, can explain anything after the fact.

You seem to be saying that anyone who likes the ending is good and anyone who dislikes it is insulting KA and should be... I dunno, shunned or something? Seriously, stop acting like people who don't like the ending are terrible people.

Offline AlothAssassin

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2009, 11:26:26 PM »
They're not terrible people.  They just never understood the point of this series of books.

Offline Kitulean

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Kit Army Second
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2009, 12:34:45 AM »
So... I never understood the point of this series of books just because I disagree with the author on the ending? Wow, so I wasted all my time reading them?

Offline AlothAssassin

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2009, 12:39:44 AM »
If your reasons for disliking the ending are the same as the other multitudes of people "dissatisfied", then, yeah, pretty much.  Everything played out exactly the way it should have, when you think about the themes and context, going right back to book #1.

Offline Kitulean

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Kit Army Second
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2009, 12:47:10 AM »
lol, that's really... wow.

Luckily, you can't affect how I feel about the books in any way. You can have your opinion, and I can have mine. I'm just sorry that you seem incapable of accepting anyone else's opinion or thoughts as legitimate.

I disagree. I think the THEME of the first books was more 'out numbered and over powered guerrilla fighters continue to fight against all odds' whereas in the very end it became 'war is bad and bad and bad and BAD and only the pacifist ever survives'

That is MY OPINION and it doesn't matter how many times you try to tell me that it makes me a bad person or disrespectful to have it, I still have it. It's my RIGHT to have that opinion, and it doesn't make me a bad person any more than YOUR opinion does. We just think differently. I don't fault you for having a different opinion, I fault you for being rude to others for theirs. 

Offline AlothAssassin

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2009, 01:22:07 AM »
Look, I'm not debating your right to have an opinion here.  And I don't want to argue the point until we both start throwing retarded hissyfits and typing in caps at each other like a bunch of monkeys.

You're entitled to your opinion.  You have a right to have it.  It's just unsubstantiated, and defying absolutely basic rationality.

You're still allowed to be irrational, though.  It's no skin off my back, y'know?