Author Topic: Andalites and Garatrons  (Read 1056 times)

Offline adeon222

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Without whom, we would all be lost...
Andalites and Garatrons
« on: November 15, 2009, 11:21:13 AM »
Has this been discussed???

Anyway, I've just been wondering exactly how similar the Andalites and Garatrons are... I mean, Ax clearly didn't know about them, so, how could they possibly be related??? But then again, they are remarkably similar, so, how could they not be???
"Hey, who taped a full color picture of a forum to my screen? And why won't it come off??? What?? it's an Animorphs forum, and you can talk about your favorite Animorphs and such??? Oh, Best Thing Ever! Best Thing Ever!"

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Andalites and Garatrons
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 11:32:23 AM »
They might actually be a lampshade hanging on the rubber forehead alien types seen in Star Trek. I wonder if anyone has thought of that?

Anyway, Garatrons have more streamlined head and lack tailblades. I also think they may have sleeker bodies than Andalites.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline anijen21

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 12:01:18 PM »
It's very lightly brushed upon in #37, iirc someone asks Ax directly if they're related, and then Cassie butts in with something like "EVOLUTIONARY PATHS MAY BE THE SAME ON DIFFERENT PLANETS WE DON'T KNOW SO WHO CARES!"

of course I take this as my canon for that particular question: The Garatron Chronicles
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 12:09:28 PM by anijen21 »
I go off topic on purpose.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 12:24:28 PM »
As Cassie said in the book, it could just be a coincidence. Many Earth animals have incredibly similar characteristics despite being from completely different evolutionary lines.

There's always the chance that they are related, but were separated from each other long ago (much like the Yeerks and Yoorts). Some unknown species could have taken some Andalites from their homeworld millions of years ago when they still lacked tail blades (possibly before the Ellimist visited the planet) and moved them to another planet, where they continued to evolve. Obviously they would have turned out differently from Andalites, as they would have to adapt to a different planet with new challeneges and predators (or lack of).
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 04:14:39 PM »
Some unknown species could have taken some Andalites from their homeworld millions of years ago when they still lacked tail blades (possibly before the Ellimist visited the planet) and moved them to another planet, where they continued to evolve
I know I'm the guy always complaining about the idea of the ellimist doing everything, but in cases like this, I can't help but think Skrit Na. I mean, they where in z-space even before the ellimist, and they actually make up habit of doing random stuff like that, so when it comes to relations like Andalite and Garaton as well as Yeerk and Yoort, something in my head just points to them.
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 04:25:52 PM »
yeerk and yoort.
andalite and garatron.

coincidence, i believe.