Author Topic: Humans of the future  (Read 4759 times)

Offline Azguard

• God
Re: Humans of the future
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2010, 02:58:04 AM »
yeah. people often try to pit "us" vs "them" in order to unite people. I just think the ultimate version of that would be "humans" vs "aliens".
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2010, 12:21:58 AM »
Yeah, I hear you on that one. That's probably the only way humanity would ever become unified at all, to be honest, would be if we wound up in some conflict with a major alien power.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2010, 02:14:59 AM »
 but i can see something that would just have us so far flung and vast that we'd be almost alien to each other. i mean, sci-fi races are rarely depicted as having as much racial diversity as us. of course, that's sci-fi. XD
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2011, 01:26:15 AM »
Dead thread, I know. But I want to post.

Humans of the future:

- Get Z-space, start exploring space and whatnot

- Colonies established on other planets.

- Warships created for planetary and colonial defense, Andalites get a little edgy.

- Humans begin, if not before, working on energy weapons with leftover Yeerk Dracon beams from the war. Andalites oppose this.

- Humans ignore this and keep working, developing shields from leftover Yeerk technology and former Yeerk engineers/scientists.

- Andalites NOT happy, start sending mild warnings

- Humans and andalites begin engaging in intense US/USSR-style  negotiations concerning human military power in space. Meanwhile both sides begin arming up

- Andalites now quite scared give Humans an Ultimatum: Back down or we'll get ugly

- Humans pretend to back-down, meanwhile constructing more warships.

- Andalites soon notice this and give humans last chance

- Humans launch attack with MASSIVE fleet over ships and, not having to waste time and resources on in-ship parks and grass, make ships must faster than Andalites, especially since due to a massive population, we can build stuff much quicker.

- Big battles in space, Andalites enjoy initial supremacy due to space-combat experience.
However any offenses of their part are hampered by human numbers.

- We adapt fast remember? We start incorporating Andalite technology plus tactics. Thousands of years of warfare pay off, we start kicking ass.

- End result: We annihilate the Andalite Navy and become the new galactic powerhouse.
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

NateSean

« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2011, 11:13:18 AM »
I don't think it will be quite that black and white. Remember, the Andalites are/may not be the most powerful race in the galaxy.

We still have the yet totally unknown Kelbrid. The Andalites fear or at the very least respect them enough to have very clear and established borders. And lets not forget that The One was found in Kebrid space. So we really have no idea what is lurking beyond those borders and knowing our species and it's capacity to not think about the impact our screwing with another form of life might have on our over all health, I wouldn't be surprised if someone showed up with a big whoop ass pie to share with the neighbors.

That said, the one prop I will give James Cameron's Avatar is that it basically sums up how I feel most of our encounters with alien life will end. And that alone is what I predict will happen in the Animorphs universe as mankind progresses into the stars.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2011, 01:26:36 PM »
maybe in the animorphs world, in 100 yrs humans will invent time machines
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2011, 01:39:49 PM »
I doubt it, only the Ellimist ever made those.
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2011, 02:25:36 PM »
or at least try to
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^