Author Topic: RAF, he wrote  (Read 6618 times)

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
RAF, he wrote
« on: June 13, 2011, 06:32:03 PM »
So hey...I've decided to try my luck at a mystery...I personally don't think I'm good at ANY writing, but yea...I've chosen 4 RAFpersonas that would be an uber-crime solving team, and now Iz write a mysterious mystery. ^^

Characters:
     Rukh ~ A Shapeshifting Proffessor(Powers: Shapeshifting, Technokinesis)
     Myth ~ A Cat Vampiress(Powers: Near Invincibility, Incredible Senses)
     Seal ~ A Seal with an Evil Side(Powers: Intuition, Hydrokinesis)
     Bear ~ A Bear with a Twist(Powers: Electrokinesis, Strength)

If anyone wants to be removed/added, just ask. Working on the first chapter...actually, working on a plot. If anyone is offended by anything that happens within the fanfic, just know this: names are simply being used. Most of the characters are not supposed to be like the people behind the name, they just have the name.

Oh, and RAF Island isn't just RAF Island. It's a play on Raft Island, WA. ^^

Rukh walked in. Well, actually, he slid in. He'd gotten tired of using the door. His natural form was a semiliquid being, so he just reverted to his natural form and slipped under the space below the door. Then, once inside, he rippled up to become a humanoid again, solid as any.

"Why can't you just open the door. It's got to be easier than becoming a pile of crap and then taking form again."

That was Myth. She was sitting at her desk a few meters from the door. She had an iPad in hand. She was going over her files and emails. She hadn't been getting a lot, after all, they weren't well known; they were new They didn't even have a NAME.

They were a crime fighting service. Detectives, and Police at the same thing. Well, Myst and Myth were detectives, and Seal and Bear, their colleagues, were the police.

Rukh shook his head, "It's so inconvenient. Can't we just put up a gate or something? Then you guys can use your doorknob, and I can just walk through instead of going to the floor and up again. It's kind of degrading."

Myth looked at him, "Then use the doorknob."

He shook his head and a small smile split across his face. Walked through the door to the right of Myth's desk, his office. The sleek white door had written on it, Investigator Rukh. He looked at Myth's office door on the wall to the right. It read, Investigator Myth. Much the same, obviously. He turned the knob, and paused then sighed. Why hadn't he just slipped under.

He walked in. Then he sat down and grabbed the iPad charging upright next to him. He opened up email.

Oh, a new message. From...Goom?

Hello, Rukh & Myth

I heard you made a new crime fighting committee. Well, I regret to inform you that you couldn't have picked a better time...someone was murdered. I'm pretty sure you know him. It was J-Man. I know he was a good friend of yours. No one knows who did it. Bear and Seal are actually on their way back from the crime-scene. They both took it pretty hard.

We need you to find out who did it, and bring them to justice. We're counting on you two. All of RAF Island is counting on you.

Goom

Rukh gulped. He didn't expect anything bad to happen here. RAF Island was a safe place usually. In fact, the whole detective/police thing was just originally an idea for a game in the Year-round Role Playing Fair on RAF Island. But Myth, Bear and Seal all thought a real one would be a good idea.

Well...you were right guys...here goes nothing...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 09:11:12 AM by RAFrukh »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
Re: RAF, she wrote
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 10:15:38 PM »
*makes thirteen mental notes to tell Myth about this*

I'm sensing awesomeness in this, Rukh, using my dastardly power of intuition.  :P  In all seriousness, I'd love to see where you'd take this.  I'm a policewoman.  Aw yeah.  8)
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 10:21:31 PM »
I know of this. And wrong Myth Seal lol. He wanted to keep a 4-letter name thing going on so yeah. Myth is me....
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

• God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 10:26:28 PM »
Psssh.  You're Mythica.  Myth is Myth.  :P

J/k, sorry for the mix-up.  You haven't been terribly active lately, so...I....*slinks off*  :P

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 10:46:10 PM »
Psssh.  You're Mythica.  Myth is Myth.  :P

J/k, sorry for the mix-up.  You haven't been terribly active lately, so...I....*slinks off*  :P

Yea...I actually thought of putting Mythgirl in here but her RAFpersona is a Dryad...what does a Dryad do? But, no worries she will most definitely have a cameo sometime. :)

No, don't slink off! Come back! I'm glad you like it so far! :D *hugs policeseal*
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 10:58:42 PM by RAFRukh(Caleb) »

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 10:53:38 PM »
I know. Its okay. *hugs seal*
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 03:09:20 PM »
CHAPTER ONE

Rukh walked out of his office cautiously, and closed the door quietly, trying not to break the solemnity of the situation. Not that Myth knew, but...he just wasn't in the mood to move quickly.

He snuck up behind Myth. He stood there for the longest time debating whether to tell her. She'd left RAF Island for a while and just got back. In other words, this had been done before she'd gone. And she'd been gone for a while. He knew she didn't know him that well, but Myth was very sensitive to emotion, which made her emotional herself. So he was kind of scared to tell her...

"Erm...Myth?", he said quietly.

She turned, with a questioning face, "Huh...how long have you been standing there?"

Rukh bit his lower lip to stop it's quivering. He's eyes weren't watering, because he doesn't have the same tear forming-organs. But his lips do quiver, all the more actively.

Suddenly Myth's slight smile evaporated entirely. She knew something bad was up.

"What happened?"

Rukh looked off in the distance, "J...was murdered."

Myth's eyes went wide. Her hand came up to her mouth. She sat there like that for a few seconds, and then the true reality of it sank in.

"Oh my God...murdered?", she asked.

"Yea...", Rukh nodded slowly.

"Does anyone know who did it?"

"No. Goom emailed me. He's got a job for us."

Myth nodded knowingly, "A mystery to be solved. Bittersweet."

It was Rukh's turn to nod, "A job. But...a job.", he laughed nervously.

Myth, "Yea. A job."

Rukh tried to break the awkward moment, "Well, we should get to work, no?"

He walked back into his office to get his equipment. He grabbed his genetic tester, his iPad, and most importantly - his magnifying glass. The classic detective tool. Only with a twist or two. The glass part was divided into three sections purely for flare. The handle was stainless steel with rich, dark yellow-green patterns twisting around it. The glass, however, was surrounded by optic enhancers and visual magnification units, making it crisper and closer-up. Rukh had had it for a while, and was very fond of it.

He stepped out. Myth didn't need any special equipment. She was a cat-vampire; her senses of sight, smell, and hearing were superb. She just carried a fingerprint analyzer.

"alright," I said, "Let's move out."
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 11:54:28 PM by RAFrukh »

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 02:17:34 AM »
*spazzes* HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS?!? I'm in this one!!! :awesome: I'm lookin' forward to this one...

just uh..a couple notes.

You can do whatever with Bear that I'm not going to obviously hate, but I ain't worried there. *Technically speaking*, Bear isn't electro-kinetic, rather, he suffers a Lightning affliction, meaning that he doesn't control it, and he often hates it. But you can so totally change that, which is cool with me.The only thing I ask is that you have him use <thought speak> rather than normal speech. :P

And... Seal is hydro- and cryo-kinetic as well. At least, I'm pretty sure she'd like to retain those features. :P

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 07:31:48 AM »
*spazzes* HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS?!? I'm in this one!!! :awesome: I'm lookin' forward to this one...

just uh..a couple notes.

You can do whatever with Bear that I'm not going to obviously hate, but I ain't worried there. *Technically speaking*, Bear isn't electro-kinetic, rather, he suffers a Lightning affliction, meaning that he doesn't control it, and he often hates it. But you can so totally change that, which is cool with me.The only thing I ask is that you have him use <thought speak> rather than normal speech. :P

And... Seal is hydro- and cryo-kinetic as well. At least, I'm pretty sure she'd like to retain those features. :P

Alright, I'll keep you as Electrokinetic(Say Rukh made you an Electroplasmic Property Stabalizer. ^^ And I'll fix that up...

• God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 04:00:48 PM »
OMG I'M A SUPERPOWERPOLICEWOM AN

:awesome:

Thanks to Bear!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 12:50:30 AM »
Hahaha Glad your happy. Water-Bending FTW. Least I could do besides turning you into a pink fluffy unicorn with pwnbow powers. But that wouldn't be fair, because then all the bad guys would be turning themselves in.  :P

Actually, now that I think of it, hydrokinesis might just be a very useful skill! Seal, you now have officially been given a purpose! ^^

-EDIT-

I just realized that sounded mean. :P

Wow...ok so I'm dead. I havent talked to Myth in forever...Seal, want to help me write this story? :pwease:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 12:07:03 PM by Dark Master »

• God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 11:39:39 PM »
*slinks back into this thread* Oh, well golly gee, is that the time?  *shifty eyes*

Whelp, what can I do to help?  :)

Thanks to Bear!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 11:52:24 PM »
We need a criminal, clues, evidence, and a plot! ^^ do you have skype or something, it'd be easierto discuss over chat.

Btw, check your inbox.

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
Re: RAF, he wrote
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 11:33:23 AM »
A few minutes later, Rukh and Myth arrive in Rukh's specially made hover-Lamborghini. The SIONic engines hummed as the car came to the ground and was turned off. The gull-wing doors lifted and allowed Rukh and Myth out. Rukh was fiddling with his thumbs. Myth was just pale as ever.

Rukh walked up to the only bear on-site, "Hey bear...Goom emailed us. Do we have any suspects yet?"

Bear just shook his head, "No one was here when it happened. You brought your DNA analyzer, didn't you?"

Rukh nodded. He walked over to the caution-taped crime scene. The body had been removed. Rukh set his Analyzer for a passive wide-scan. A dim beam ran over the area, scanning for DNA. Nothing came up.

Rukh's brows furrowed, "The analyzer came up negative. But...the analyzer never fails! How is this possible?"

Bear shrugged, "All technology malfunctions. It was only a matter of time."

Rukh groaned, "But you don't understand! The DNA Analyzer has a primitive function that takes little effort to achieve! WHY would it fail?"

He shook his head and brought out his magnifying glass. He stood outside the caution-tape still, and zoomed in on the area around the outline. 10x...50x...wait... something there...60x.

"That's strange...", Rukh thought out loud.

Seal arrived just as Rukh said that, "What is it?"

Rukh looked back momentarily, then back at his magnifier, "There's...strange microscopic singularities scattered around one side of the outline..."

Seal raised an eyebrow, "Huh?"

Rukh motioned to her to come closer and a touch-screen display appeared on one of the three sections in the magnifier. It displayed on of the fragments close up, and a diagram of it.

"Each of these tiny things is like a black-hole, only they're too small to be of any worry unless you step on them or something. Luckily there's only about 20 of them. I should be able to cancel their mass and send them into deep space. But in the mean time, don't let anyone near here - I think we just found our first clue."

Rukh looked back at the display on his magnifier...

––––––––––

Aaaand, dramatic zoom in and fade out. :P

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
Re: RAF, he wrote
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 10:50:15 PM »
Seal looked at rukh incredulously, "A clue? Who are you Steve? You just arrived, and already you found a clue? How come we couldn't find it?"

Rukh, "Do you have a handy-dandy magnifier?"

Seal, "Nope."

Rukh nodded, "That's why."

Seal smiled and rolled her eyes, "And what else does the mighty, handy-dandy magnifier tell us?"

Rukh pressed a few keys on the screen as Myth, and Bear also came closer, "Nothing really. But microscopic singularities don't just appear spontaneously on RAF Island...or anywhere for that matter. These are artificial...someon e created them with technology."

Bear, having heard Rukh and Seal's conversation earlier said, "Great so now what do we do? Sit down in the thinking chair?"

Rukh couldn't help but chuckle, "No. We find out who has the technology to create artificial singularities, and also leave no DNA behind..."

They all slowly turned to look at Rukh.

"Hey, dont look at me! This is beyond even me. I didn't know anyone on RAF Island had the technology to do this."

Seemingly satisfied, they all looked back at the magnifier, and Rukh started to explain some more, "To create a blackhole or a wormhole you'd need a large device with the ability to warp space-time, to compress it into one small area. The energy needed to do that would be like...5 times the power of the main energy core on RAF Island..."

Myth spoke up, "Wait...the Editing Tower has the ability to warp space-time correct? It can change entire areas of the Island in minutes. You know, to let Richard and the Mods change the Island around."

Rukh thought deeply, "It's only warping space...although... with some middle-class adjustments to the reactor core and the emitter assembly I believe it could be used to compress space-time. Good thinking Myth."

Bear, "There's only one problem - that gives us the whole Moderator counsil, including Richard, as suspects."

Rukh nodded, "That does complicate the mater quite a bit. But I guess that just means well have to eliminate the Mods first. Well interview each of them. Then Try to figure out if they're guilty or not."

Myth, Bear, and Seal all nodded, and Myth said, "Sounds reasonable."

Rukh, "Alright, everyone blue-skadoo into the Hovercar."
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 08:53:41 AM by RAFrukh »