Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 334786 times)

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #12345 on: December 10, 2010, 03:47:38 PM »
"Mmm," is all Tora says in response to Salem, following the pair in silence, except for the occasional hiss of pain at stepping on a thorn. The Andalite is not at all sure what to make of Salem, considering she had met him while he was harboring and protecting the very individual who had caused the death of the body they were carrying.

Despite Myitt's apparent momentary truce with him, Tora's guard is raised--even more than usual, after her disturbing conversation with Terenia's host. Am I truly so transparent that Al, Temrash, and the Andalite can all see through my disguise so easily? she wonders.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #12346 on: December 10, 2010, 04:19:02 PM »
"Texas Hold'em?" Al asked. He thought for a second, sorting through his memory banks. "Ah. Turns out I do know that one. We're gonna go nothing wild, left of dealer starts." As he dealt the cards, he explained the rule differences for Jackson's benefit.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #12347 on: December 10, 2010, 05:36:38 PM »
Temrash watched Al with relative interest. He didn't know the difference between Texas hold-em or five card draw, but apparently it was two ways to play the same game. He wasn't watching Terenia too closely, but apparently she felt the need to talk to people more now than before.

Claxter let Efaen leave, but watched her with a stalk eye.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #12348 on: December 10, 2010, 06:00:51 PM »
"Hmm," Corliss replies to Fiona, narrowing his eyes at the Andalite.  "Hello, Terenia."

---

Myitt shakes her head, grimacing at the weight straining at one of her wrists. 

"No, we're taking him to my ship," she replies tersely.  "Tora, are you heading back home, as well?"

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #12349 on: December 10, 2010, 06:56:39 PM »
Tora raises her head as Myitt says her name, shaken from her thoughts. "I was not authorized to come here in the first place," Tora admits to her as she trails behind them. "I really should be going home as quickly as possible. The only item here to which I must attend is to destroy my ship; it's beyond repair after it was shot during takeoff."
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #12350 on: December 10, 2010, 07:02:24 PM »
Bear relayed the events to John. John soon arrived in the room where they were. "What seems to be the matter?"
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #12351 on: December 10, 2010, 08:58:25 PM »
Efaen walks right up to Corliss until she is uncomfortably close, even by human standards and especially by an Andalite's. She sticks her face right in his, main eyes narrowed dangerously.

<<So, Yeerk. It is not enough to commandeer the body of your host? You must ravage another one as well? I suppose that to your depraved mind it does not matter, since I am an Andalite. Does it make you feel powerful, putting your hands on one of my kind? Does it make you feel in control? I noticed that you were perfectly fine with your arrangement, so long as Terenia and your pet human agreed. Interesting how no one ever asked for my consent.>>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #12352 on: December 10, 2010, 10:11:13 PM »
Fiona chokes on her drink. "Good God." She coughs. "And I thought my morals were loose."

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #12353 on: December 10, 2010, 11:57:15 PM »
Corliss leans away from Efaen as much as he can, which really isn't much at all.

"God, no.  I...I never thought that..." He swallows, eyes wide.  "I'm sorry, you know.  What more do you want from me?  It was just a momentary thing.  I don't always have control over it, it just..."

---

Myitt laughs in spite of the situation.

"Tora, when am I ever authorized to come to this place?" she drawls, adjusting her grip on the tarp around Justin.  "Come on, let's get him set down somewhere proper, and we can go and take care of your ship.  All right?"

With Salem's help she edges out of the forest, toward the gravel lot where her ship is parked.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #12354 on: December 11, 2010, 12:45:13 AM »
Mar sits back in his chair, a bored air about him. Now that Ossanlin and Salem are both distracted, he has little to think about. The problems that he had encountered upon first entering the Bar have long since faded. Crayak's pawns have left for their own pursuits and his Precious is off on unknown business. So that leaves...

"Elayne," Mar speaks aloud without really knowing why. He wonders if the sweet girl is making any progress on the ship. Maybe she needs an extra hand.

Mar sits up, dusting himself off, ready to wander back into the shipyard. But before he leaves, he notes the strange new girl holding a drink in the Bar. In interest, Mar wanders toward her and states, "What brought you out to this Hael? You might as well leave before one of your limbs falls off or something."

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #12355 on: December 11, 2010, 01:10:40 AM »
Fiona sips at her drink, turning on her stool. "I'm not too worried my limbs." She pauses, holding up her arm. "Well, maybe just a little." She finishes off her drink, and sets it down on the bar. Before she can hail the bartender, he's refilling her glass. She blinks, then smiles. "'Bout time, bud."

"The atmosphere at home wasn't interesting me much anymore," she says. "Too full of host-snatching alien types." She shrugs and sips at her drink. "Name's Fiona. What do you call yourself?"

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #12356 on: December 11, 2010, 01:27:18 AM »
As Salem helped Myitt carry Justin's body toward her ship, and listened to the conversation between her and Tora, something occurred to him. He knew almost literally nothing about these "rebels."

"You're all part of the same group, right?" he asked. "A rebellion? I've been assuming you're Yeerks against the Empire since meeting you, Myitt, but I just realized I don't even know your cause."

Haven't much cared to ask, but as long as it looks like I might be staying for a while...

"I figure I should at least have an idea of what... what your friends were fighting for," he added awkwardly, nodding towards Justin's body.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #12357 on: December 11, 2010, 01:51:41 AM »
<You could not control it?> Efaen repeats incredulously, <You mean that you are such a slave to your host body that you must give in to it's every desire? I refuse to believe that; if it were true, Terenia would be a much more tolerable person. Do not hide behind your host and pretend that what you did was right, Yeerk. You would have not only abused this body, but looked the other way as Terenia dragged me to a rebellion I want no part in - and yet you claim to disapprove of involuntary hosts.>

Efaen snorts, scuffing a hoof angrily on the ground. In the back of their mind, Terenia is beginning to think that perhaps she should interfere. Taking control requires so much energy, though. So much strength that she is lacking...

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #12358 on: December 11, 2010, 02:29:12 AM »
"I...have been calling myself Mar," states Mar with a slight bow. He's not sure what to make of this one. His aura hasn't turned her off yet, and she reminds him somewhat of Myitt. If Myitt didn't hate him and wasn't paranoid. He supposes he shall test the waters and gather what he's dealing with. Then he's off to find his Elayne.

"Why come here?" Mar laughs. "This place is...full of body-snatching aliens. That, and it is difficult to get to this place."

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #12359 on: December 11, 2010, 02:43:06 AM »
Fiona shakes her glass around, then realizes what she's doing. She sets it down on the bar. "Aside from not wanting to be body-snatched myself," she wrinkles her nose, "there's the problem of having fewer hosts for myself." Not that it made much difference as long as "Fiona" was still breathing.

She waves a hand at the bar. "This is just a stop. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure where I'm going." She shrugs.

It occurs to her that she's saying more than she intended. She glances at Corliss, than back at Mar. She probably shouldn't be drinking. Total light-weight was what she was.

Oh, the hell with it. She picks her glass up again. She's never given much thought to her well-being before, she's not about to start now. She might even manage pleasantness.