Author Topic: Your crazy Animorphs theories (inspired by Wild Mass Guessing)  (Read 6622 times)

SmartGirl333

Re: Your crazy Animorphs theories (inspired by Wild Mass Guessing)
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2015, 06:17:14 PM »
Never mind. For the record, I ship them either way.

I actually have no WMG right now, i might cross-post them from the TV Tropes WMG page, but.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 07:34:57 PM »

1) The Yeerks and Taxxons (and their respective planets) are left overs/ results of Crayak and the Ellimist's previous games

A.K.A Crayak screwed himself by not planning ahead :P

We know Crayak well enough to know that he doesn't create life. He DID create the Howlers, and they ARE alive, but I think we can agree that that was just a big F.U to the Ellimist by destroying the peace loving Pemalites with very violent children who just didn't know any better. We know that the Ellimist was really big on helping alien species advance or gain sentience. All Crayak wanted to do was destroy.

Well, the game has been going on for a while, hasn't it? Who's to say Crayak didn't just forget which pieces he used at one point? He couldn't forget the Howlers, because he uses them so often--up until Animorphs 26: the Attack-- but maybe he forgot about his other pieces?

Maybe the Taxxons and the Yeerks are the remnants of the Ellimist's pieces that lost to Crayak? Maybe the Taxxon world was really beautiful, full of life, and had enough food for the animal population to live off of? The same goes for the Yeerks. Only, Crayak's pieces--through war or other means-- turned those planets into what eventually would become the Taxxon and Yeerk homeworlds? Maybe Crayak forgot about what these places once were--again, he just wants to beat the Ellimist and cause as much destruction as possible-- but the Ellimist--who we know is constantly fretting over the loss of life that he has witnessed-- didn't forget? Maybe he tricked Crayak into choosing the Yeerks?

How would that help the Ellimist's cause?

Well, his other main pieces, aside from the Animorphs, are the Andalites--and, hey, didn't they come up with that neat, body-altering technology? That would sure convince a species with biological drawbacks, hailing from a borderline barren home world, to switch sides, now wouldn't it?

In short: Crayak screwed himself over.

Why didn't Prince Seerow realize that morphing tech would be a big boon to the body disadvantaged Yeerks, and provide the Yeerks with morphing cubes?

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2015, 12:19:19 AM »
Here's kind of a funny theory I found on the Animorphs WMG page.
From TV Tropes:"Rachel unintentionally took Crayak's deal."If you ever find yourself desperate, Rachel. At an end. In need. Remember this: Your cousin's life is your passport to salvation in Crayak." Rachel killed Tom." :o

:explode:

Oh, and I remembered another one.

9. The Helmacrons hacked the morphing cube.  You know how, in the earlier books, it required an Andalite to be touching it for it to work?  Even for David in #20, it didn't activate until Ax 'willed' him the morphing power, even though he touched it before that.  But, later on in the series, everyone (and everything, if you count #39) who touched it suddenly got morphing powers.  Loren, too, only had to pick it up in #49 to get powers from it.  Note, though, that these occurrences were all post-#24, which is significant because in that book, the Helmacrons used the cube for what was clearly not its intended purpose.  My theory is that they had to hack into its programming somehow in order to use it, and in doing so they 'corrupted' it, permanently overriding the need for an Andalite to use that specific cube.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 12:25:58 AM by DinosaurNothlit »

SmartGirl333

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2015, 01:30:19 AM »
From TV Tropes:"Rachel unintentionally took Crayak's deal."If you ever find yourself desperate, Rachel. At an end. In need. Remember this: Your cousin's life is your passport to salvation in Crayak." Rachel killed Tom." :o
SmartGirl333.exe has stopped working
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 01:34:09 AM by SmartGirl333 »

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2015, 02:09:07 AM »

I am sorry to learn that SmartGirl333 was so stunned at the idea that Rachael earned salvation with Crayak by killing her cousin Tom that she shut down!

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2015, 12:47:47 PM »

I am sorry to learn that SmartGirl333 was so stunned at the idea that Rachael earned salvation with Crayak by killing her cousin Tom that she shut down!
We need to get out doctors! We can't let a poor soul die because of her sadness for a fictional character.

Is SmartGirl 333 a Chee?

SmartGirl333

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2015, 03:39:35 PM »
I just couldn't even then. I'm ok, just... asdfghjkl there is no emoticon for this.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2015, 05:51:45 PM »
I just couldn't even then. I'm ok, just... asdfghjkl there is no emoticon for this.

Why did you say that "SmartGirl333.exe has stopped working"?

Offline NickDaGriff

• RAF's resident geeky gryphon
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2015, 06:17:35 PM »

Why did you say that "SmartGirl333.exe has stopped working"?

Eh, that just happens from time to time.  Nothing a hard reboot and some percussive maintenance can't fix.
[spoiler=A writer at heart:]
My sequel fic, Animorphs #55: The Following
My first Memoirs fic, A Geeky Gryphon's Origins

Offline NickDaGriff

• My deviantArt
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2015, 05:43:03 AM »
I was just thinking about #11: The Forgotten, and I realized something potentially startling. 

They never actually fully resolved the sario rip.  They barely even solved the problem of their consciousnesses being in two places at once.  Think about it: Jake didn't cut off the rip from the beginning.  He got sent back to a point in time after his initial visions had occurred, which were caused by him being simultaneously in the Amazon rainforest.  That means that even though he avoided the events that caused the sario rip, the previous iterations of the animorphs are still down there, getting murdered.  Even worse, this means that there are TWO Visser Threes; the one from the current timeline, and the one that got rewound into the rainforest (because I don't buy that one spear's worth of poison could do in something as big as the Lerdethak, and he could just morph the poison away anyhow).  Even worse, this means that because Visser Three was in the same situation they were, the sario rip never actually closed itself.  They're still in it.

IT'S STILL GOING. 

D:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 05:45:09 AM by XenoFrobe »

Offline NickDaGriff

• My deviantArt
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2015, 03:53:45 PM »
Don't you think that at some point in the series the other Animorphs from the jungle would have gotten back to city if the rip is still going? Also if theory is true would that mean Rachel is still alive?!!! :o :whoa:

Nah, they totally croaked.  V3 ate 'em all, then probably genocided Polo and the rest of the natives.  Y'know, average tuesday for him.

Question is, could the sustained sario rip account for any time weirdness throughout the series?  I'm trying to think of stuff that might fit in with that.

SmartGirl333

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2015, 08:06:21 PM »
crazy crossover theory: one of the sario rips created a doomed timeline (from homestuck), which the rest of the series took place in (for you non-homestucks, everyone in a doomed timeline is doomed to die horribly and undramatically). i.e. in the real timeline, the cerebus syndrome arc never happened.

Offline NickDaGriff

• My deviantArt
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2015, 03:14:46 AM »
crazy crossover theory: one of the sario rips created a doomed timeline (from homestuck), which the rest of the series took place in (for you non-homestucks, everyone in a doomed timeline is doomed to die horribly and undramatically). i.e. in the real timeline, the cerebus syndrome arc never happened.

XF: well ****
XF: thats a hell of a mystery, that no one thought was a mystery, and didn't even really need solving
XF: but damn if it didn't just get solved
XF: so nice work

-- xenoFrobe [XF] ceased vexing smartGirl [SG] --