Author Topic: Whats the deal with the skrit na??  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Acalio-Laron-Jaham

Whats the deal with the skrit na??
« on: December 20, 2009, 03:53:08 AM »
lol. everyone seems to know of them, but treat them as a joke. they were already ancient and zooming from planet to planet collection stuff via zero-space when toomin was still toomin the ketran playing his games with his buddies on Ket, way before he became the ellimist.

Even Father, that weird seaweed life form on that moon which toomin was held knew of them and their weird habits, and has captured them and their ships. This was like a million years before the andalites became what they are today. you can piece this together when reading the Ellimist chronicles.

So, why aren't they super advanced yet, or a major galaxy power? lol they've existed as an advanced, space faring race for so long already. K.A was abit unfair to them i reckon. xD

Just for the space faring age of their race alone, they at least deserve some kinda respect.  ;D 

Offline anijen21

Re: Whats the deal with the skrit na??
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 03:57:24 AM »
lol ngl I kind of liked that joke

I guess they just figured out what they liked and stuck with it, you know? Civilizations obsessed with conquest and power are the ones that end. Rome had almost all of Eurasia and dwindled down to a city, empires don't work. But poor little Poland, who's gotten absorbed and resorbed and spit back out time and time again, is still a whole country.

sometimes playing beneath the radar is the way to go I guess
I go off topic on purpose.

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 12:07:00 PM »
I think of them as like crocs and sharks; they got it right the first time and never needed to change much, or in their case at all.
And I think their role was perfect. Their ancient, you know next to nothing about them, and still they are kind of driving factors in a couple points of the series, think they were used just right.
(Unlike some interdimensional superbeings who got tweek foundations of space time)
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 04:48:08 PM »
Some species evolve faster than others. Some don't need to evolve so they don't. The Skirt Na may not have been all powerful but the fact that they survived so long obviously means they were capable of survival. The fact that they were so backward (in comparison to other races we meet) actually worked to their advantage in many ways, since hostile races (such as the Yeerks) don't even bother to invade them.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 07:18:15 AM »
Yeah, it seems they were just a very content race of Pawn Shop owners. ;D
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 04:45:07 PM »
Okay, so how long would it have taken them to get to that point? Did they plow forward technologically and then stop? Or would they have started evolving around the time of the Big Bang?

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline voodooqueen126

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 11:35:16 PM »
Perhaps as insects there was a limit to their intellect: they would've evolved slowly and perhaps reached a plateu when they reached Z space flight.

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 11:59:19 AM »
They never advanced further technologically because they had everything they needed to kidnap random aliens and trade. They are like benign Jokers, only they understand why they do what they do. ;D
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.