Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 224238 times)

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #5415 on: January 24, 2017, 12:57:23 AM »
Man, as much as I'd like to get into a knife fight between Salem and Rathien, 1) Salem's not great with knives, so he'd probably die and 2) the only knife he has on him is poison-tipped, which, coupled with 1), means he'd probably wind up sticking himself in the leg and dying or something :P
Besides which, even in these close quarters the knife wouldn't be his first choice.

He really does come to the GESB entirely too well-earned for his own good. It's almost like he's looking for a fight sometimes...

We've definitely had Keshin and Rathien in the Bar at the same time. It almost had to have happened. XD Meanwhile Jeffrey's outside the Bar going, "Ohmygosh. One of my people." XDXD
I love Jeffrey's reaction to Salem's entrance ^_^ It is so fitting that he'd go right over and talk to Al, even if that wasn't his original intent.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 12:59:32 AM by Aluminator (Kit) »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5416 on: January 24, 2017, 01:05:41 AM »
And meanwhile Guppy has no goddamn idea what's going on :P

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #5417 on: January 24, 2017, 11:09:47 PM »
And meanwhile Guppy has no goddamn idea what's going on :P
If they stick around for a while they'll get used to it :P

Is it weird how happy it makes me that Salem didn't even make it in the door before people are trying to kill each other?

And Kells; way to give me something to think about. Would Jeffrey's voice affect Al? Or not? Hmm...

Salem's Story

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #5418 on: January 25, 2017, 01:42:04 AM »
Well his character, Guppy, is blind.  So yeah...aside from not knowing the history, his character can't even see what's happening.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5419 on: January 25, 2017, 09:14:21 AM »
It depends! 83 As a refresher, here's a brief primer on how Jeffrey's Esper powers work. *Cute teddy bear dressed in the Mind Melter costume points to a screen as derpy music plays* XD

1. Since Jeffrey's powers basically imprint suggestions into the decision-making circuitry of the brain, they don't normally work on AI. Or possibly on any species with no brain (See: The Yeerk problem) but that'd be an interesting experiment.

2. Jeffrey is better at saying "This is true" than "Do this." So "You just swallowed a bee" works better than "Get me a sandwich." Jeffrey is woefully inept at noticing the practical applications of the former ability (He could create a religion, but priorities! 83) because this doesn't apply to making people like him.

3. Resistance to Jeffrey's powers depends on the person's current overall conviction, stubbornness, and will. So a non-drunk Myitt and Ossanlin are pretty resistant. Joanne is probably effortless. Keshin is average.

4. His powers always work much better when the person is impaired or scared or wounded. The best for him is of course all three---- In that situation he can brainwash people outright.

5. His powers don't work on him (Or any Yeerk in his head), and they don't work on people who can block powers or psychic attacks.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 09:51:21 AM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5420 on: January 25, 2017, 07:57:45 PM »
That escalated quickly.

Not sure about Rathien, but we've definitely had Salem, Keshin, and Terenia in the bar at the same time. They were all mixed up in the mess that got Hadrin killed last go-around. I'm preeetty sure Rathien was there at the tail end of it.

All of which is why Fayleth is like, "Aw heeelllll no, we're getting outta here."

Luke -- Ossanlin's reaction to Salem is brilliant. XD

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #5421 on: January 25, 2017, 08:41:36 PM »
Uhh I have some catching up to do! :D

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #5422 on: January 25, 2017, 11:58:01 PM »
Well his character, Guppy, is blind.  So yeah...aside from not knowing the history, his character can't even see what's happening.
Yeah. I'm actually really curious to see how Guppy's going to react to this mess once everything starts to die down a little.

It depends! 83 As a refresher, here's a brief primer on how Jeffrey's Esper powers work. *Cute teddy bear dressed in the Mind Melter costume points to a screen as derpy music plays* XD

1. Since Jeffrey's powers basically imprint suggestions into the decision-making circuitry of the brain, they don't normally work on AI. Or possibly on any species with no brain (See: The Yeerk problem) but that'd be an interesting experiment.

2. Jeffrey is better at saying "This is true" than "Do this." So "You just swallowed a bee" works better than "Get me a sandwich." Jeffrey is woefully inept at noticing the practical applications of the former ability (He could create a religion, but priorities! 83) because this doesn't apply to making people like him.

3. Resistance to Jeffrey's powers depends on the person's current overall conviction, stubbornness, and will. So a non-drunk Myitt and Ossanlin are pretty resistant. Joanne is probably effortless. Keshin is average.

4. His powers always work much better when the person is impaired or scared or wounded. The best for him is of course all three---- In that situation he can brainwash people outright.

5. His powers don't work on him (Or any Yeerk in his head), and they don't work on people who can block powers or psychic attacks.
Hmm... I think Al himself is probably susceptible, because, on top of the fact that his own artificial brain is probably exceedingly complex and there's no reason to assume Jeffrey wouldn't affect it, it's just more fun that way. Besides which, Al's probably fairly susceptible simply from a personality standpoint.

Unfortunately, I don't think we get to see that right this moment. Al's in Salem's ship, and since psychic attacks are known in Salem's home universe, his ship ought to be equipped to filter it out.

That escalated quickly.

Not sure about Rathien, but we've definitely had Salem, Keshin, and Terenia in the bar at the same time. They were all mixed up in the mess that got Hadrin killed last go-around. I'm preeetty sure Rathien was there at the tail end of it.

All of which is why Fayleth is like, "Aw heeelllll no, we're getting outta here."

Luke -- Ossanlin's reaction to Salem is brilliant. XD
'Quickly,' in this case, being an understatement. It was zero to stabbing in record time, even by GESB standards.

Lucky for everyone Fayleth's in charge at the moment, I think. Terenia's kind of scary inside her head there ;D

Uhh I have some catching up to do! :D
Good feeling, no?

:edit:
Man, a diplomat Salem ain't :P And, of course, trust Al to begin giving a lecture to a couple of strangers :facepalm:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 12:58:03 AM by Aluminator (Kit) »

Salem's Story

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5423 on: January 26, 2017, 01:56:27 AM »
*HUGS SALEM AND AL*

Scott I miss you.

Can I call you sometime? XD

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5424 on: January 26, 2017, 02:05:07 AM »
Man, if you do, I better be in on it too :P

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5425 on: January 26, 2017, 02:19:48 AM »
Fine, fine, we ALL call each other.

And catch up on life.

And then we LARP because Christ, that's fun. XD

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #5426 on: January 26, 2017, 02:27:32 AM »
Rathien 2.0, Emo upgrades installed.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5427 on: January 26, 2017, 02:46:02 AM »
Group Skype larp? XD

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5428 on: January 26, 2017, 02:55:38 AM »
I'm down :P
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 02:57:31 AM by gh »

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5429 on: January 26, 2017, 07:18:24 AM »
Dammit! XD I missed it because I'm responsible! When has that ever happened?!

Let me know if you ever do another one on the weekend. << >>